Time to cut the grass

I took my lawn out and put in bark and drought tolerant plants...now I have nothing to do on Saturdays except drink beer....

When I was looking at properties out in the mid-west, pretty much all of the lawns were like that. A lot of stone and gravel ''lawns'' too.

While I wouldn't put it in my cars, fuel stabilizer is good for those small motors. Which I supose you already know.

Took about four yanks to get my pusher running the other day when I cut the high spots.
I keep about 20 gal. each of gas and diesel for my tractor and equipment and I stabilize it as soon as I get it home. I don't use it in the cars unless the other half forgets to fill up before coming home from town.

While I wouldn't put it in my cars, fuel stabilizer is good for those small motors. Which I supose you already know.

Took about four yanks to get my pusher running the other day when I cut the high spots.
After mine sits for 6 months i use starting fluid. Just a little shot.

Never happened to me.

:4_13_65:

It was probably people scoping the neighborhood out. It's only happened a few times in recent years.

They didn't live in here.

And I can size somebody up in probably under five seconds. They were twenty something hoody type white dudes. Pants all down around their rear end. Referring to me as bro. lol. Dumb sht.

They didn't have a weed whacker, a blower, a truck, edging tools, a belt to keep their pants up or anything. Pft.

Where do I have to go, send pictures.

45EC34E7-91F5-44F1-980B-A969EF34DF1C.jpeg

America’s love affair with the lawn is getting messy​

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — LeighAnn Ferrara is transforming her small suburban yard from grass bordered by a few shrubs into an anti-lawn — a patchwork of flower beds, vegetables and fruit trees.

It didn’t happen all at once, says the mother of two young kids. “We started smothering small sections of the lawn each year with cardboard and mulch and planting them, and by now the front yard is probably three-quarters planting beds,” she says. “Every year we do more.”

Her perennials and native plants require less upkeep and water than turf grass does. And she doesn’t need herbicides or pesticides — she’s not aiming for emerald perfection.

For generations, the lawn — that neat, green, weed-less carpet of grass — has dominated American yards. It still does. But a surge of gardeners, landscapers and homeowners worried about the environment now see it as an anachronism, even a threat.

Whatever happened to kids cutting lawns during the summer?

I have yet to have a kid come up to my door and offer to cut my lawn.

I contemplated getting a service last year but they wanted some ridiculous amount per month for their service.

Not that I can't afford it...but FFS...you're not resodding, you're just cutting the shit.

I just cut it myself.

When I bought this house ten years ago, a 13 year old kid from down the street rang the door bell and said his name was Nicky and "I do lawns". He said he wanted to earn money for a new dirt bike. I always like seeing youngsters who are self-starters, so I agreed to the $15 per cut he was asking. He did a better job than most adults I'd hired in the past.

That kid is 23 now and owns his own landscaping business. He does maintenance on almost every lawn on this street ( 7 out of 8 houses), as well as all of the landscaping at our clubhouse, not to mention all of the private and business accounts around town. He's got a crew of a dozen guys who scoot around town in one of his three branded trucks, and is looking to build a new facility.

When I was 23 I was playing "Smiles" at Marilyn's Blow Heaven in Subic City while drinking San Miguel...

Forum List

Back