Time to cut the grass

I had moles a few years back. I can tell you those battery powered stakes are useless. They attract rather than prevent. I have found a granular deterrent that you sprinkle around the holes. It is called MoleMax and it works great--takes a few applications but they left three years ago and I haven't seen them since.
This method always appealed to me....

I've mowed 3 times already but really only 1 of thos etimes was necessary. The first mow was to clean up leaves and keep the battery charged. The second time was to spur growth. The third time was to unspur growth.

Imagine mowing the yard in early April. We just had snow on the ground on Monday. **sob**

Why do I live here? Why

Welp, I got the garage in a lot better shape, but it still needs work. Changed the plugs and the air filter on the riding mower and charged the battery until the charger said it was charged. Still wouldn't start. It cranked over good for about 10 seconds and then gave out. The battery is four years old so I got a new one for 29 dollars and it fired up! Now I only need to sharpen the blades and maybe change the oil and filter. The book says change it every 50 hours and it's got ten more to go. I'll check it out tomorrow.

The push mower fired up after a shot of starter fluid so it's good but the tiller is another story. I doused it with starting fluid and it starts but won't stay running. So that means it ain't getting fuel. A good guess would be the carb is gummed up. I'll deal with it after I mow friday.

Yes but they're whacked. Winter until end of April, Spring is until end of June, and summer is July-mid-October. Fall is one month if you're lucky. And way way too much of the year here spent at a grey overcast and 40 degrees.

As you can tell I just don't love the climate here
Where you be?

Whatever happened to kids cutting lawns during the summer?

I have yet to have a kid come up to my door and offer to cut my lawn.

I contemplated getting a service last year but they wanted some ridiculous amount per month for their service.

Not that I can't afford it...but FFS...you're not resodding, you're just cutting the shit.

I just cut it myself.

In recent years, grown men have been knocking door to door with a push mower.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Welp, I got the garage in a lot better shape, but it still needs work. Changed the plugs and the air filter on the riding mower and charged the battery until the charger said it was charged. Still wouldn't start. It cranked over good for about 10 seconds and then gave out. The battery is four years old so I got a new one for 29 dollars and it fired up! Now I only need to sharpen the blades and maybe change the oil and filter. The book says change it every 50 hours and it's got ten more to go. I'll check it out tomorrow.

The push mower fired up after a shot of starter fluid so it's good but the tiller is another story. I doused it with starting fluid and it starts but won't stay running. So that means it ain't getting fuel. A good guess would be the carb is gummed up. I'll deal with it after I mow friday.

While I wouldn't put it in my cars, fuel stabilizer is good for those small motors. Which I supose you already know.

Took about four yanks to get my pusher running the other day when I cut the high spots.

Forum List

Back