Time Of Reason: Trump Likely To Support Ending Federal Ban On Marijuana...

Instead of repeal we should adopt the very workable laws of Singapore and the Philippines. Then we don't deal with who is better on repeal.

Instead of repeal we should adopt the very workable laws of Singapore and the Philippines.

Uh-huh, Tell that to President Twitter 'cause:
"Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana"

Personally while I find that our lawmakers generally create legislation that is FUBAR I don't think we're to the point where we should be outsourcing the authoring of legislation to foreign countries, especially ones with cultures, traditions, values and institutions that are alien to our own.

Marijuana is NEVER going to stop being a gateway drug.

Most addicts start with cigarettes and alcohol before tying any non government approved recreational substances.

It never was a gateway drug.
Almost everyone in the country drinks and smoking has dropped to the point that it is near non-existent in anywhere but select bars and convenience store parking lots.

Claiming that alcohol leads to hard drugs is hilariously stupid considering that our president and myself are among the only people in the country who never have gotten drunk and don't even drink recreationally. Drug addicts almost always drink. Plenty of alcoholics do little to nothing in the way of drugs.

Whatever you think doesn't change the fact that most heroin addicts didn't start with pot. Furthermore, most pot smokers do not go on to be heroin addicts. You're just parroting the past drug war propaganda. You've fooled yourself into thinking alcohol is not an addictive drug.

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Awesome news...I’m hoping we can legalize heroin next. Decriminalizing / legalizing drugs makes them more accessible...it tells our children they must be okay....Plus, our children need more drug choices...impaired kids are always super productive and they always become super productive adults...that’s why all stoners are such winners. This is so cool!
You only think you are sarcastically joking. The stoners actually believe that children are better off impaired and the impaired are super productive.

Oh believe me...I know. ‘Lifestyle’ stoners have themselves convinced that ALL doctors and lawyers are stoners.

You're probably unaware of the fact our Founding Fathers often partook in the use of Marijuana, Cocaine, Alcohol, and so on. And they only created the greatest nation in world history. They would not support Prohibition. Adult Citizens should decide for themselves whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

Oh cool...you’re probably unaware of the fact that our founders were slave owning rapists. I suppose we should own and rape slaves?
Should we remove all laws from the books that protect good people from bad people, both fiscally and physically?
Look, liberties are lost through legislation...it happens everyday...unfortunately it has to happen.
If the majority of weed heads weren't filthy fucking losers and taxpayers weren’t paying their way I doubt many would complain.

The method used to make it illegal was done in a back room deal with no public testimony, no input from the medical community, no input from the Hemp farmers. The first law was declared unconstitutional. Banning alcohol took a constitutional amendment. But by the 70's Congress had seized enough legislative power over the States to ban it outright through legislation.

The real losers are the Drug Warrior Fascist who demand all citizens be punished with lengthy prison sentences or even death for using non-government approved recreational substances.

Fuck the Fascist.

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Awesome news...I’m hoping we can legalize heroin next. Decriminalizing / legalizing drugs makes them more accessible...it tells our children they must be okay....Plus, our children need more drug choices...impaired kids are always super productive and they always become super productive adults...that’s why all stoners are such winners. This is so cool!
You only think you are sarcastically joking. The stoners actually believe that children are better off impaired and the impaired are super productive.

Oh believe me...I know. ‘Lifestyle’ stoners have themselves convinced that ALL doctors and lawyers are stoners.

You're probably unaware of the fact our Founding Fathers often partook in the use of Marijuana, Cocaine, Alcohol, and so on. And they only created the greatest nation in world history. They would not support Prohibition. Adult Citizens should decide for themselves whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

Oh cool...you’re probably unaware of the fact that our founders were slave owning rapists. I suppose we should own and rape slaves?
Should we remove all laws from the books that protect good people from bad people, both fiscally and physically?
Look, liberties are lost through legislation...it happens everyday...unfortunately it has to happen.
If the majority of weed heads weren't filthy fucking losers and taxpayers weren’t paying their way I doubt many would complain.

Pretty bizarre illogic. Folks legally partaking in Marijuana won't = Armageddon.

Marijuana, Alcohol, Cocaine, and other substances, were legal in this country for centuries. In fact, drug and alcohol use were legal and very common in great ancient civilizations as well. Egyptians for instance, really enjoyed getting high & drunk. And the Pyramids still got built. Their society thrived. So our nation won't collapse if folks are allowed to enjoy their Marijuana. I promise.

Pretty bizarre illogic. Folks legally partaking in Marijuana won't = Armageddon.

Marijuana, Alcohol, Cocaine, and other substances, were legal in this country for centuries. In fact, drug and alcohol use were legal and very common in great ancient civilizations as well. Egyptians for instance, really enjoyed getting high & drunk. And the Pyramids still got built. Their society thrived. So our nation won't collapse if folks are allowed to enjoy their Marijuana. I promise.

Was this all pre 1935...before .GOV started forcing good people to fund lowlife, over-breeding pieces of shits?

Was this all pre 1935...before .GOV started forcing good people to fund lowlife, over-breeding pieces of shits?

You obviously missed the point bigtime. The Pyramids got built despite Egyptians legally getting high & drunk. And your rant sounded so Nazi-like. That's very sad. But seriously, our country won't collapse because some folks legally enjoy their Marijuana. I promise.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018

I'm just curious, first time I ever tried pot, it was $15 an ounce. So what will it be after "legalization" and regulatory control by the Fed, about $2,000 an ounce? And of course, then we will have to subsidize the state stores because of the vast amount of sales they will lose . . . .

You obviously missed the point bigtime. The Pyramids got built despite Egyptians legally getting high & drunk. And your rant sounded so Nazi-like. That's very sad. But seriously, our country won't collapse because some folks legally enjoy their Marijuana. I promise.

Nazi-like...huh?
Would you prefer I sound LefTard-like and embrace the legalization of narcotics?
It is the job of .GOV to write policy and legislation that helps bottom feeders and lowlifes...when .GOV legalizes narcotics they are essentially manifesting/growing the filth. All good, sane people whom aren’t stoners know this. Sorry bud.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018

I'm just curious, first time I ever tried pot, it was $15 an ounce. So what will it be after "legalization" and regulatory control by the Fed, about $2,000 an ounce? And of course, then we will have to subsidize the state stores because of the vast amount of sales they will lose . . . .

Legalize it and then release all those who've been imprisoned on non-violent offenses. That alone will save $Billions in Tax Dollars. And then once it's taxed, Government could rake in massive cash.

It would likely alleviate a lotta Government Debt. States that have already decriminalized, are seeing quite a bit of revenue. No one should be thrown in a cage for partaking in Marijuana use. That's just barbaric ignorance.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

It would be hilarious if pot ended up legalized just because our thin-skinned President is having a snit with his Attorney General on an unrelated issue and wants to do this out of spite.

Serendipity! :lol:

It is the job of government to protect the innocent from the predators. Drug addicts are predators no different than any other violent criminal. That's why government has to step in when addicts can no longer control themslves.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

It would be hilarious if pot ended up legalized just because our thin-skinned President is having a snit with his Attorney General on an unrelated issue and wants to do this out of spite.

Serendipity! :lol:

Man, you really are a TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) sicko. Please get some help, kid. :cuckoo:

So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana.
LOL, Sorry but there isn't enough marijuana on Earth to get me high enough to do that.

Besides the Douche Bags-D had their shot at doing something about marijuana legalization legislation during Emperor ONimrod's reign and they didn't do jack about it, so that "real change" schtick is nothing but sloganeering.

Fuck the Democrats, Fuck the Republicans, they're both worse than useless.

Again i live in Colorado and lived through the political rhetoric, and it's very noticeable which party is friendlier & rational toward legalization, and I will guarantee you it's DEMOCRATS.
That's nice, what's Colorado have to do with the Democrats not doing a damn thing at the federal level to legislate legalization? they had control of Congress and the White House during the Nimrods reign and didn't lift a finger.

Democrats talk a good game but don't actually DO anything on the issue of legislation lifting the federal ban; it's all smoke & mirrors designed to keep their useful idiots voting for them and anybody that falls for it is a fool.

If you're a Republican you're fool, if you're a Democrat you're a bigger fool.

The first two years of Obama's term was focused on health care Marijuna wasn't even a topic. Colorado legalized at the end of his term, and now 8 other states have signed onto it.

Furthermore REPUBLICANS owned the Senate & the House for the last 6 years of Obama's term. And there's no way in hell that Obama would have been able to work marijuana at the Federal Level with Republicans owning both houses.
So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana.
LOL, Sorry but there isn't enough marijuana on Earth to get me high enough to do that.

Besides the Douche Bags-D had their shot at doing something about marijuana legalization legislation during Emperor ONimrod's reign and they didn't do jack about it, so that "real change" schtick is nothing but sloganeering.

Again i live in Colorado and lived through the political rhetoric, and it's very noticeable which party is friendlier & rational toward legalization, and I will guarantee you it's DEMOCRATS.
That's nice, what's Colorado have to do with the Democrats not doing a damn thing at the federal level to legislate legalization? they had control of Congress and the White House during the Nimrods reign and didn't lift a finger.

Democrats talk a good game but don't actually DO anything on the issue of legislation lifting the federal ban; it's all smoke & mirrors designed to keep their useful idiots voting for them and anybody that falls for it is a fool.

Where you born yesterday? Everyone knows that the focus of Obama's first 2 years was Obamacare, Federal laws regarding marijuana wasn't even a topic of interest. In 2010 Republicans took over both houses of congress and voted NO on everything for the next 6 years.

Republicans don't like marijuana, and if you vote for them, it will be the same attitude they've had about marijuana for the last 50 years. They hate it. They have lobbyists in their pockets that make certain they hate it.

So either grow a brain this coming November and vote for Democrats, but no more whining if you're going to vote for Republicans or not vote. Doing either only signifies you're not serious about getting anything done.

DY8pl3gXkAAWtl0.jpg

The first two years of Obama's term was focused on health care Marijuna wasn't even a topic. Colorado legalized at the end of his term, and now 8 other states have signed onto it.

Furthermore REPUBLICANS owned the Senate & the House for the last 6 years of Obama's term. And there's no way in hell that Obama would have been able to work marijuana at the Federal Level with Republicans owning both houses.

Where you born yesterday? Everyone knows that the focus of Obama's first 2 years was Obamacare, Federal laws regarding marijuana wasn't even a topic of interest. In 2010 Republicans took over both houses of congress and voted NO on everything for the next 6 years.

Republicans don't like marijuana, and if you vote for them, it will be the same attitude they've had about marijuana for the last 50 years. They hate it. They have lobbyists in their pockets that make certain they hate it.
Excuses, excuses, it's about the only thing the Democrats and their legions of parrots are good at, same thing goes for the Republicans.

So either grow a brain this coming November and vote for Democrats, but no more whining if you're going to vote for Republicans or not vote.

I'll leave voting for Democrats up to you mindless sheeple-D and in case you didn't get the memo the voting options aren't limited to the two major political Crime Families or not voting.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018

About 80.
Lucid - Puyallup Menu | Leafly

And yes, the regulations are rather asinine atm but that will mellow out and become more effective as legalization ages.

And you will never see subsidized stores in the same manner that you are not seeing tobacco subsidized. Massive taxes, not subsidy. It to easy of a tax target.

Not really a surprise though. There is little philosophical reason for the democrats to actually legalize pot - the drug war representing the single largest expansion of government I can think of in 100 years.

At least the right plays lip service to freedom and rights even if they can only hit that by mistake.

It is the job of government to protect the innocent from the predators. Drug addicts are predators no different than any other violent criminal. That's why government has to step in when addicts can no longer control themslves.
This is bordering on insane.

You compare an addict who has done nothing at all to anyone else with a violent criminal. That is deranged.

What I find truly fascinating here is that the exact same logic here is applied to the left and gun ownership. Screw what the gun owner HAS done, only what MIGHT happen in the addled brains of some is all that matters. Screw what the VAST majority of pot smokers have done, all that matters is what happens in your mind.

Forum List

Back