Time Of Reason: Trump Likely To Support Ending Federal Ban On Marijuana...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Good now end the ban on cocaine, so I can go to Walgreens an pickup a half a gram for $5 bucks

Good. Rastafarian Temple. Bluntly speaking, Bob Marley, here I come.

The measure has popular support.

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

as i keep saying,I love his domestic policys,just wish his foreing policys were as awesome as them cause THEY suck.

The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017, HR 1227, is bipartisan legislation which eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing marijuana. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

This bill would also remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, which would allow for more marijuana research both recreationally and medicinally.

Thirty states, Washington, DC and the US territories of Guam and Puerto Rico have enacted legislation specific to the physician-authorized use of cannabis, while an estimated 63 million Americans now reside in jurisdictions where anyone over the age of 21 may possess cannabis legally. Voters overwhelmingly support these policy changes. According to a 2017 Quinnipiac University poll, 59 percent of Americans support full marijuana legalization and 71 percent believe that states, not the federal government, should set marijuana policy.

Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Good now end the ban on cocaine, so I can go to Walgreens an pickup a half a gram for $5 bucks

Cocaine was actually legal in this country for many years. In fact, our Founding Fathers were known to partake in it from time to time. They seemed to function ok, no? They only created the greatest Nation in world history.

The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017, HR 1227, is bipartisan legislation which eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing marijuana. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

This bill would also remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, which would allow for more marijuana research both recreationally and medicinally.

Thirty states, Washington, DC and the US territories of Guam and Puerto Rico have enacted legislation specific to the physician-authorized use of cannabis, while an estimated 63 million Americans now reside in jurisdictions where anyone over the age of 21 may possess cannabis legally. Voters overwhelmingly support these policy changes. According to a 2017 Quinnipiac University poll, 59 percent of Americans support full marijuana legalization and 71 percent believe that states, not the federal government, should set marijuana policy.

Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

It's a rational Bi-Partisan effort. I'm glad Trump's willing to support it. It's time.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

as i keep saying,I love his domestic policys,just wish his foreing policys were as awesome as them cause THEY suck.

I hear ya, i'm disappointed in his foreign policy too. He seems to have handed it over to the crazed Neocons.

California let thousands of pot addicts out of prison. They became a necessary part of the homeless problem.

California let thousands of pot addicts out of prison. They became a necessary part of the homeless problem.

That's because the Government made them 'criminals' and destroyed their lives. And also think about the massive Tax Dollars that were spent on keeping them in those cages. It's a sad double-whammy. They never should have been deemed 'criminals' and thrown in cages.

That is all this country needs, more potheads. That will really make America great again.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Fuck Sessions.

Trump needs to end the ban on hemp as well

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Fuck Sessions.

Trump needs to end the ban on hemp as well

Why in the hell was Hemp banned in the first place? Such archaic laws. Sessions is an old fart tyrant who wants to put everyone in a cage. Trump should ditch him as soon as possible.

That is all this country needs, more potheads. That will really make America great again.

Maybe? Brilliant folks like Steve Jobs often partook in the Ganja.

I don't think decriminalizing pot will lead to more pot smokers. I laugh at those that say things like that.

Even if it does, so be it. The country has survived millions of alcoholics, for hundreds of years. The world won't end if Marijuana is decriminalized.

I don't think decriminalizing pot will lead to more pot smokers. I laugh at those that say things like that.

Even if it does, so be it. The country has survived millions of alcoholics, for hundreds of years. The world won't end if Marijuana is decriminalized.

Agreed.

I laugh at those who are so delusional to think that making pot legal and more readily available won't lead to an increase in usage.

The last thing we need in this overpopulated and disgustingly interdependent society are more people using using a mind altering drug. What could possibly go wrong?

Forum List

Back