'Thug' is the New N-Word? lol

Well he was acting all thugged out, so its fair to call him one in that instance. However, he isnt a thug. Hes in impressive guy actually. He came out of Compton with really good grades and he did well in college. He seems like a decent fellow.

Last time I checked mobsters were referred to as thugs. Not seeing it as race specific.

Jmo

If things keep on like this it won't be long before we run out of terms that aren't some secret racist code word.

The yahoos didn't stop at Thug...

And here's the thing, aside from the Trash talking? Nothing about Sherman even remotely resembles "Thug".

He has his own column in a magazine and maintained good scholastic standing in college.

Actually, the way he acted on the interview is why people are calling him a thug.

Now, let's be fair, he is a sharp guy and probably will have a good career after football.

But the standard practice after winning the game is to praise your teammates, the fans and the diety of your choice, no matter how insincere.

Trash-talking a guy on the other team and screaming like a maniac, while refreshingly honest, is just poor form.

Well he was acting all thugged out, so its fair to call him one in that instance. However, he isnt a thug. Hes in impressive guy actually. He came out of Compton with really good grades and he did well in college. He seems like a decent fellow.

He did it all on purpose, it is brand, he is a smart kid. He has done this in Seattle since he got their. The guy is pretty smart.

And damn proud of it.

:eusa_shhh:

How about goon, is that better, what about dumb shit, or asshole? What about calling him fucking stupid? Are those better than thug? Any of those racist?

I mean since the fucked up left is trying to define racism, what about those Sallow? Any of those work, shit head?

He's black. So if you're white, any pejorative term you call him is racist.

And here's the thing, aside from the Trash talking? Nothing about Sherman even remotely resembles "Thug".

He has his own column in a magazine and maintained good scholastic standing in college.

Actually, the way he acted on the interview is why people are calling him a thug.

Now, let's be fair, he is a sharp guy and probably will have a good career after football.

But the standard practice after winning the game is to praise your teammates, the fans and the diety of your choice, no matter how insincere.

Trash-talking a guy on the other team and screaming like a maniac, while refreshingly honest, is just poor form.

You do realize the the phrase "poor form" is code for the N word.

He did it all on purpose, it is brand, he is a smart kid. He has done this in Seattle since he got their. The guy is pretty smart.

So you think he is not just responding to the thug discussion but is actually manipulating it to his advantage?

I think he was just HUGELY pissed at Crabtree and had not yet had time to cool down.

I think he was just HUGELY pissed at Crabtree and had not yet had time to cool down.

Pretty much.

And from what I saw, Crabtree was a total sore loser dick and wouldn't even shake his hand.

I'm not saying I endorse Sherman's behavior... but I understand.

Why do you suppose that thugs cant write a magazine column or make good grades?

His demeanor with the reporter said 'thug', no matter what the rest of his life might say. Je had some time on air and displayed his unevolved inner lizard.

Now he wants people to forget that and think about his good grades and literacy?

roflmao, he brought this shit on himself, too fucking bad.
Didn't 'T' also have 'good grades' and was loved by everyone b/c he was so thoughtful and sweet and he had already been offered a full scholarship to Cal. Tech in the aeronautical computer science department to prepare him for his trip to mars? No way he was a 'thug' either right?
Sorry. 'T's already gone to Mars. More specifically the grave yard at Mars Penn.
The thug who 'lost it' in front of hundreds of thousands of viewers is brimming over with HPD. Not an uncommon condition in the Black professional sport world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Sherman: 'Thug' Is 'Accepted Way of Calling Somebody the N-word'

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said he was bothered and disappointed that he was called a "thug" after his crazed post-game rant on Sunday because he said it seems like "thug" is the "accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays."

Wow, I can see how some idiots would confuse niggardly and 'black hole' as perhaps racial, but the word 'thug'?

'Thug' is used far more often to describe non-black behavior than blacks simply based on observing the huge numbers of non-blacks in this country and figuring that it is proportionately used.

The last few times I remember calling anyone a thug was about some white drunks and a white driver that was cutting people off and laughing about it in his truck.

The victim monger industry is slowly destroying our language by making innocent terms racial, like 'tar baby', lol.

When are people going to get sick of this bullshit and tell these bastards to just kiss their asses?

THUG is ALSO a race specific term....

Thuggee
Group_of_Thugs.gif

Thuggee or tuggee (Hindi: ठग्गी ṭhagī; Urdu: ٹھگ*; Sanskrit: sthaga; Sindhi: ٺوڳي، ٺڳ; Kannada: "thakka") refers to the acts of thugs, an organized gang of professional assassins.

The Thugs travelled in groups across India for several hundred years.[1] Although the thugs traced their origin to seven Muslim tribes, Hindus appear to have been associated with them at an early period, their creed and practices showed no influence of Islām.
They were first mentioned in Ẓiyāʾ-ud-Dīn Baranī's History of Fīrūz Shāh dated around 1356.[2] In the 1830s they were targeted for eradication by William Bentinck and his chief captain William Henry Sleeman. They were seemingly destroyed by this effort.[1][3]
The Thugs would join travelers and gain their confidence. This would allow them to then surprise and strangle their victims by pulling a handkerchief or noose tight around their necks. They would then rob their victims of valuables and bury their bodies. This led them to also be called Phansigar (English: using a noose), a term more commonly used in southern India.[4]

The term Thuggee is derived from Hindi word ठग, or ṭhag, which means "thief". Related words are the verb thugna, "to deceive", from Sanskrit स्थग sthaga "cunning, sly, fraudulent, dishonest, scoundrel", from स्थगति sthagati "he conceals".[5] This term for a particular kind of murder and robbery of travellers is popular in South Asia and particularly in India.
The story of Thuggee was popularised by books such as Philip Meadows Taylor's novel Confessions of a Thug, 1839, leading to the word "thug" entering the English language. In his 1897 travelogue Following the Equator Mark Twain devotes two chapters to the Thugs and how they operated.

You guys are a hoot, and I'm talking about both sides.

The bottom line is that you're both right and both wrong... it's all about subtext and intent.

(White) people simply aren't allowed to use the word ****** anymore. But that doesn't keep them from seeing an outburst like Sherman's and thinking to themselves, "typical ******". But since they can't actually say that, they have to use some other word. I've been substituting it with "Canadian" for roughly three decades now. Anyone who thinks that nobody who called Sherman a "thug" was secretly thinking ****** is either stupid or lying. But at the same time, anyone who thinks everyone who called Sherman a "thug" was secretly thinking ****** is a race baiting asshole, and a liar. The textbook definition of the word thug hasn't changed, but that doesn't mean some people aren't using it as a surrogate for ******. This is what happens when words are stripped from our lexicon by busy-body pc douchebags... new words get used in their place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back