Three women dead in family shootout

Let me fix that.....out of 320,000,000 people in the United States, with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands, a tiny minority of people, misuse those guns........

to the tune of 356,991,876 to 8,124 gun murders.

Now...any rational person is going to see those numbers and realize that we do not have a culture of violence.....we have a tiny number of people in tiny areas of our country who misuse guns.....

And considering cars accidentally kill about 33-35,000 people a year....yeah...we don't have a culture of violence...

What we need to do? Fix the small number of people doing the shooting.....they are making anti-gun nuts look like morons.....

You are truly delusional. And, FYI, cars are not purposely designed to kill people, guns are. And, car buyers have to register their cars.

We shouldn't let people with mental issues drive cars, neither should we let them buy guns.

Guns are now killing as many people as cars in the U.S.

guns for target shooting, hunting, skeet, protection
Well duh!

And, you really don't need an assault weapon for any of those things, do you?

guns kill when pointed at people.

A boy accidently shot his brother. It depends on who's hands it is in. Depends on the type of gun.

Well, duh again!

So, it's important that we don't allow people with mental problems own them, right?

So why do so many gun nuts support the idea that we shouldn't strengthen our gun laws? Why do they insist that background checks are not necessary for every purchase? Why do they fight the suggestion that if you're on a no-fly list you should be on a no-buy list? Doesn't make sense.

You didn't say anything that is already quite obvious.

What really doesn't need to be done is for people like you to make a determination of what another person needs and doesn't need. Funny how you, on things you think people should do, think others should butt out when the person is doing it yet when you don't think someone else should do something you think it's OK to have a say.

And yet --- here's a sick woman who "made a determination" that "what her own daughters needed" was bullets through the brain.

HOW
do you reconcile that, Randbot?

And yet --- here's a sick woman who "made a determination" that "what her own daughters needed" was bullets through the brain.

HOW do you reconcile that, Randbot?

And yet...this sick man made a determination that what his own 5 children needed were to be strangled and beaten to death....HOW do you reconcile that pogobot?

He Got Custody, Allegedly Killed 5 Kids

Timothy Jones, 34, is on trial for the murders of his five children. According to officials, he picked them up from day-care and then strangled four of them—one after another—with his bare hands until they were dead. The fifth he beat to death.

Yep she was a white rightwing biblethumping gun nut according to her face book page

Facebook

And quite the vain narcissist, too. I don't think I have my photo anywhere on my FB page, after 7 years.
So having just come back from Texas she was very wrong about state laws there and Obama. I know someone who owns a hell of a lot more than 10 guns and Obama hasn't tried to take them away from him.

Texas is NOT big on mental health care, or else this crazy bitch would have been institutionalized a long time ago.
Keeping guns from crazy people is infringement is it not? I mean, as long as the nutjobs are well regulated nutjobs our founding fathers would have been cool with it.

Nope...of course you are an idiot.....what we have to do is find a way to get the actual dangerously mentally ill....vs. the people who have insomnia.....you assholes would disarm both of them......without due process...we want to make sure only the dangerous people are disarmed....

At least she had more respect for her guns than she had for her kids.

She's the perfect NRA, anti-abortion Republican woman!

Actually, no.....the NRA, and the Republican party do not sanction murder....that is the sole domain of the democrat party.....especially if the victims are poor blacks and hispanics in democrat voting districts.......that is, as long as there are enough left to vote in November...

>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

(Article here, includes a news video which for me at least does not play)

A bit of background from later down the page:

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<
Apparently it only took one.

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

Nobody left to answer any questions.

The fruits of a culture of violence. :(

I'm sure she considered herself a "responsible" gun owner, but to most of us sane people, she appeared as a gun nut, posting her crap on Facebook about the right to have a gun, so she could "protect" her family, Who could've known she would go postal and be the one they needed protection from.

She and her daughters might not be dead if Democrats had been able to convince the Republicans that we need to use common sense when it comes to guns.

Texas mother Christy Byrd Sheats was a proud supporter of the Second Amendment, and a critic of Democratic party proposals for common sense gun laws, as she posted on her Facebook timeline in March.
Texas Mom Murders Family With Gun She Said She Needed To Protect Them (VIDEO)
I like the new law in California that allows friends/family to report a gun owner that is "going off the rails" like this woman apparently was for some time. LE can confiscate the gun(s) while a prompt investigation is done. If the person is found to be mentally stable, the gun(s) are returned. The cops had been dealing with her mental crisis for some time. This could have saved two lives. Maybe three.

Yeah....I challenge you to watch this law...and find out who exactly is getting their guns taken away...report back in a year...

>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

I'm sure she considered herself a "responsible" gun owner, but to most of us sane people, she appeared as a gun nut, posting her crap on Facebook about the right to have a gun, so she could "protect" her family, Who could've known she would go postal and be the one they needed protection from.

She and her daughters might not be dead if Democrats had been able to convince the Republicans that we need to use common sense when it comes to guns.

Texas mother Christy Byrd Sheats was a proud supporter of the Second Amendment, and a critic of Democratic party proposals for common sense gun laws, as she posted on her Facebook timeline in March.
I like the new law in California that allows friends/family to report a gun owner that is "going off the rails" like this woman apparently was for some time. LE can confiscate the gun(s) while a prompt investigation is done. If the person is found to be mentally stable, the gun(s) are returned. The cops had been dealing with her mental crisis for some time. This could have saved two lives. Maybe three.

Yeah....I challenge you to watch this law...and find out who exactly is getting their guns taken away...report back in a year...
It's the closest thing to sensible as far as mental illness and guns that I've seen. Those close to the person are the ones who are going to see something going wrong. You are not giving any sensible legislation a chance, Guy, per usual.

It's the closest thing to sensible as far as mental illness and guns that I've seen. Those close to the person are the ones who are going to see something going wrong. You are not giving any sensible legislation a chance, Guy, per usual.

Again....I challenge you to watch the news in that state and see exactly who it is being applied to...vs. who you were told it would be applied to....

The article said she had mental problems.
So would that make this the culture of crazy?

We don't have a culture of crazy. A culture is something people seek out and value. Hence the guns.
We may have a disease of crazy, maybe an epidemic, but that's involuntary.
Gay is crazy, proves you're point wrong.

Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

Its always a mental crisis with white people when really she was just a sad excuse for a human being. But ask the news and they'll tell you she was sooooo nice until she blew away her own children. Doesnt that count? :rolleyes:

So once again

white christian = blames it on mental illness

people of color= thugs and terrorists
I'm not a white Christian, just an old social worker, and I smell mental illness there, too.

She had a history

The fruits of a culture of violence, eh? You've got it all figured out then. How nice for you.

Let me fix that.....out of 320,000,000 people in the United States, with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands, a tiny minority of people, misuse those guns........

to the tune of 356,991,876 to 8,124 gun murders.

Now...any rational person is going to see those numbers and realize that we do not have a culture of violence.....we have a tiny number of people in tiny areas of our country who misuse guns.....

And considering cars accidentally kill about 33-35,000 people a year....yeah...we don't have a culture of violence...

What we need to do? Fix the small number of people doing the shooting.....they are making anti-gun nuts look like morons.....

You are truly delusional. And, FYI, cars are not purposely designed to kill people, guns are. And, car buyers have to register their cars.

We shouldn't let people with mental issues drive cars, neither should we let them buy guns.

Guns are now killing as many people as cars in the U.S.

guns for target shooting, hunting, skeet, protection
Well duh!

And, you really don't need an assault weapon for any of those things, do you?

guns kill when pointed at people.

A boy accidently shot his brother. It depends on who's hands it is in. Depends on the type of gun.

Well, duh again!

So, it's important that we don't allow people with mental problems own them, right?

So why do so many gun nuts support the idea that we shouldn't strengthen our gun laws? Why do they insist that background checks are not necessary for every purchase? Why do they fight the suggestion that if you're on a no-fly list you should be on a no-buy list? Doesn't make sense.

You didn't say anything that is already quite obvious.

What really doesn't need to be done is for people like you to make a determination of what another person needs and doesn't need.
And what makes you so fucking special that you feel you can demand that whatever you need you should be able to have regardless of how it affects society?

Funny how you, on things you think people should do, think others should butt out when the person is doing it yet when you don't think someone else should do something you think it's OK to have a say.

I didn't tell you to butt out, retard. I'm posting my opinion which happens to match the opinion of the majority of Americans....we want laws passed regardless of what nuts like you feel you need or want.

.​

how come you never post about the fruits of violence when it comes to chicago every weekend???
Good point regarding Chicago. Too many guns there too. Thanks.

Actually, only the criminals have the guns....not enough concealed carry permits yet......and they still don't have any gun stores in the city yet.

The police know who the criminals are..out of 3 million people the police know the 1,333 thugs who are doing the shooting and who are the main victims of the shootings.......

And there are extraordinarily stupid people who think this is why guns should be banned.

She could have just as easily poisoned the birthday cake, dumbasses.

Another crazy person with a gun and and a "mental crisis" and a clear cut example of of suicide by cop. Why would they dig up stuff about the shooters religious faith? Never let a tragedy go to waste if you can blame Christian faith and the NRA?
If you look clearly, you don't have to dig up anything. She was flashing her so-called religious faith all over the place.

Another crazy person with a gun and and a "mental crisis" and a clear cut example of of suicide by cop. Why would they dig up stuff about the shooters religious faith? Never let a tragedy go to waste if you can blame Christian faith and the NRA?

And yet a muslim can kill 49 people and they go out of their way not to mention his faith. This country had better wake the fuck up.....
"And yet a muslim"....mentioned in the fourth word.......

Because she made a point of it in her tweets, and people on the outside want to know the background.

Don't believe the NRA was mentioned though.

And the terrorist in Orlando made reference to ISIS and they tried to quash it.
Your point?
"They tried to quash it". No they did not.....but it is odd how you don't want to mention the OTHER groups he made reference to. What exactly are YOU trying to quash?

No, she was a law abiding citizen up to that point.
Yes...that's why cops were called to their home several times.......

So once again

white christian = blames it on mental illness

people of color= thugs and terrorists

White person shoots someone = left blames it on the gun

People of color shoot someone = left blames it on white people
White person shoots someone = RWNJs blame it on mental illness
People of color shoot someone = RWNJs blame it on their entire race/religion

Forum List

Back