Three Officers Charged for death of 8 year old.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Ok. I am a little uncertain about the sequence of events. But I am going to tell you what I think happened. Think mind you. I could be wrong. And if anyone has more information I’ll be happy to get it.

It appears as though a high school football game ended. Two thugs from rival gangs got into an argument and then began shooting at each other.

Ok. Fairly common event so far. Then three police officers rushed to the scene and opened fire on the suspects and cars trying to flee.

This included a reported five shots that struck the car carrying a family and wounded one girl and killed eight year old Fanta Bility.

The five shots apparently came from police.

I can’t find anything that shows the family or the car was involved in anyway with the gang dispute or altercation.

I’ve read three variations of the same article. And the three sources all intimate that the car and other bystanders injured by police fire were uninvolved.

Now. As I said above. I could be wrong in my understanding of the events.

Originally the DA was going to charge the two gang bangers for the death of the little girl. The old argument that the original actions led to the death. That has been the standard for as long as I can find information on. Pretty much forever.

After pressure from the public the DA dropped the murder charges. One of the gang bangers already plead guilty and was sentenced to 2 1/2 years to 5 years for aggravated Assault with a weapon. The second one is awaiting trial.

The DA went to the Grand Jury and got the three officers charged with Manslaughter.

Now. In my effort to be fair and honest. I’m a little surprised by this indictment. How many times have we excused the police shooting bystanders or the wrong person? The police can and do say they were acting on the best information they had where a split second is the difference between life and death. I always admit there is truth in that.

However most of the situations wouldn’t happen if the police would take a moment to assess if shooting is needed. Not just authorized.

I’m sure you can think of the events I am thinking of. I don’t want to derail this thread with examples where shooting was or was not justified.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about this charge. It is really surprising. Is the charge justified? I honestly do not know. I don’t know enough about the situation to say. Is it unusual? Absolutely.

For a couple decades I’ve warned that if police don’t get to the forefront of reform and address some of the glaring issues facing them, eventually reform would swamp them and make their jobs far more dangerous in reality instead of propaganda fiction.

I think this case proves I am right. Reform is crashing over them. And by resisting all calls for decades the cops won’t be listened to now.

I am sure that things will never go back to how they were before. I just wonder where they will end up.

That’s appalling. Cops have a tendency to shoot first then ask questions.

Had dumb Don demanded police reform after the Floyd murder, the asshole would have won re-election. Old Joe is no different. Police reform is dead with our political class. They are all tough on crime because the oligarchy demands it.

Had dumb Don demanded police reform after the Floyd murder, the asshole would have won re-election. Old Joe is no different. Police reform is dead with our political class. They are all tough on crime because the oligarchy demands it.
Explain in detail how the federal Government has ANY say in local police matters?

Right, it's Trump's fault.

Explain in detail how the federal Government has ANY say in local police matters?

This is kinda an aside but I can note one real quick. It is the federal government supplying local police forces with the excess military equipment. That needs to stop.

I don't know enough facts to say that those originally involved in the gun fire should be charged, it's possible but it seems the cops just went off shooting randomly. That has to stop also.

It might be hard for you to comprehend. The potus merely has to say the words and demand action. You’ve heard of the FBI right? It’s not hard to understand, but might be for you.

Ok. I am a little uncertain about the sequence of events. But I am going to tell you what I think happened. Think mind you. I could be wrong. And if anyone has more information I’ll be happy to get it.

It appears as though a high school football game ended. Two thugs from rival gangs got into an argument and then began shooting at each other.

Ok. Fairly common event so far. Then three police officers rushed to the scene and opened fire on the suspects and cars trying to flee.

This included a reported five shots that struck the car carrying a family and wounded one girl and killed eight year old Fanta Bility.

I can’t find anything that shows the family or the car was involved in anyway with the gang dispute or altercation.

I’ve read three variations of the same article. And the three sources all intimate that the car and other bystanders injured by police fire were uninvolved.

Originally the DA was going to charge the two gang bangers for the death of the little girl. The old argument that the original actions led to the death. That has been the standard for as long as I can find information on. Pretty much forever.

After pressure from the public the DA dropped the murder charges. One of the gang bangers already plead guilty and was sentenced to 2 1/2 years to 5 years for aggravated Assault with a weapon. The second one is awaiting trial.

The DA went to the Grand Jury and got the three officers charged with Manslaughter.

Now. In my effort to be fair and honest. I’m a little surprised by this indictment. How many times have we excused the police shooting bystanders or the wrong person? The police can and do say they were acting on the best information they had where a split second is the difference between life and death. I always admit there is truth in that.

However most of the situations wouldn’t happen if the police would take a moment to assess if shooting is needed. Not just authorized.

I’m sure you can think of the events I am thinking of. I don’t want to derail this thread with examples where shooting was or was not justified.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about this charge. It is really surprising. Is the charge justified? I honestly do not know. I don’t know enough about the situation to say. Is it unusual? Absolutely.

For a couple decades I’ve warned that if police don’t get to the forefront of reform and address some of the glaring issues facing them, eventually reform would swamp them and make their jobs far more dangerous in reality instead of propaganda fiction.

I think this case proves I am right. Reform is crashing over them. And by resisting all calls for decades the cops won’t be listened to now.

I am sure that things will never go back to how they were before. I just wonder where they will end up.
Now if some of us would only care about all the killings of kids by drive bys the same way as you do this

That would be sumptin

This is kinda an aside but I can note one real quick. It is the federal government supplying local police forces with the excess military equipment. That needs to stop.

I don't know enough facts to say that those originally involved in the gun fire should be charged, it's possible but it seems the cops just went off shooting randomly. That has to stop also.
It would be so nice if the news covered a woman pushed in a subway station. Imagine that

It might be hard for you to comprehend. The potus merely has to say the words and demand action. You’ve heard of the FBI right? It’s not hard to understand, but might be for you.
LOL state and local have no link to federal at ALL. the Individual States have to make laws No federal law has ANYTHING to do with law enforcement in the States. The President has nothing to do with law enforcement.

LOL state and local have no link to federal at ALL. the Individual States have to make laws No federal law has ANYTHING to do with law enforcement in the States. The President has nothing to do with law enforcement.
You really believe our massive federal government that sticks it’s nose in everything, just can’t do anything about police reform. Lol.

Funny how you silly statists think.

Lol y'all trying the case here with out the facts. Biden and Trump have next to nothing to do with what happened here. The people present and involved did have to do with it. There are rules as to how the cops are supposed to act. The people who started the fight are culpable the cops may be partially culpable. None of us can make the decision on police culpability with the information given. The courts will sort it out.

Good thread from you. Good opinion by you, reasoned, conservative in nature, not overstated. I had heard of the story when it first occurred, but not lately and was not aware the police shot into a car with an uninvolved family possibly trying to egress the situation. If accurate, it sounds like manslaughter charges justified. Looks like this will be one to watch.

To the dumb asses that want to make it political, go piss up a rope. To those that think the officers should skate, just because they are officers and thugs were shooting each other, hold the rope, while the political hacks piss up it.

Officer or armed civilian, you are responsible for every bullet that leave your weapon when you discharge it. It sucks, but that's the way it is, the only way it can be. Shooting into a car, leaving a family attended high school sports event, whether you think fleeing felons are inside or you just did not clear your background before firing at purps, is damned careless and cannot be allowed to be continued by officers there or anywhere else. There have to be consequences for the action and steps taken in training to make sure it is not repeated. My condolences to all involved.

Forum List

Back