Zone1 Thoughts about the nature of Satan....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
My random thoughts on Satan......on the thought that he is an actual entity.....

1). Satan was jealous of God's ability to create. This is why his influence destroys everything it touches......he wants to destroy what God created, yet does not have the ability to create on his own or the wisdom to create what God created.

2) Satan thought giving humans free will was a mistake

3) tempting Adam and Eve was Satan's trying to show God he made a mistake giving humans free will, and rub his nose in it......

4) Satan does not believe in free will, and if he had created humans, we would have loved him and worshipped him without freedom to choose to do so....

Just like theres different religions, theories, and opinions about god...........the same goes for the devil.

According to what I was taught when I was younger, god cast the devil out of heaven because he was jealous that god made humans and preferred them over the angels. Mr. Devil, along with other angels that were jealous, rose up against god and god punished them by sending them to rule over a lake of fire, where god would send all human wrong doers.

But this piece of fiction, along with all the other religious ones, is just that.

After supposed THOUSANDS of years of these religious cults and thier screaming "god this" and "god that".........there STILL has not been ONE IOTA of rock solid proof that any of it every happened, or any of those people ever existed.

Just like theres different religions, theories, and opinions about god...........the same goes for the devil.

According to what I was taught when I was younger, god cast the devil out of heaven because he was jealous that god made humans and preferred them over the angels. Mr. Devil, along with other angels that were jealous, rose up against god and god punished them by sending them to rule over a lake of fire, where god would send all human wrong doers.

But this piece of fiction, along with all the other religious ones, is just that.

After supposed THOUSANDS of years of these religious cults and thier screaming "god this" and "god that".........there STILL has not been ONE IOTA of rock solid proof that any of it every happened, or any of those people ever existed.

Except for the stories that have existed..........and then you have....can you prove that God does not exist?

My random thoughts on Satan......on the thought that he is an actual entity.....

1). Satan was jealous of God's ability to create. This is why his influence destroys everything it touches......he wants to destroy what God created, yet does not have the ability to create on his own or the wisdom to create what God created.

3) tempting Adam and Eve was Satan's trying to show God he made a mistake giving humans free will, and rub his nose in it......

4) Satan does not believe in free will, and if he had created humans, we would have loved him and worshipped him without freedom to choose to do so....
I firmly think that Satan is comparable to a prosecutor.

I think.. I heard that Satan got ticked @ God for deciding to send Jesus to us

He didn't think anyone who was human (also God) should be worshipped..

:dunno:

i have personal experience that the saints exist and intervene for those who pray to them.. I have seen prayers answered immediately by those saints.

I have other experiences that reinforce the teachings of the Church

I know they won't convince others but I am convinced

I am grateful to Satan for Robert Johnson and all the other blues men he taught to play so well. Oh and also for that golden fiddle he gave to that guy Johnny, the one that must have taught Charlie to play.

i have personal experience that the saints exist and intervene for those who pray to them.. I have seen prayers answered immediately by those saints.

I have other experiences that reinforce the teachings of the Church

I know they won't convince others but I am convinced

Not trashing your beliefs............but.........

Coincedence is a powerful thing.
So is the unconcious will to make something happen.

Not trashing your beliefs............but.........

Coincedence is a powerful thing.
So is the unconcious will to make something happen.
NOPE

that is absolutely NOT the case. Certain saints have answered my prayers, sometimes immediately.

But you would have had to have been there to understand why I say that.. and that can never happen

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

In the above verse we understand that there was a war in heaven before the foundation of the earth where Michael the Arch Angel and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. Michael and his angels prevailed in this war in heaven against the dragon and his angels. The great dragon and his angels were cast out of heaven. We learn that the dragon is also known as that old serpent, the Devil, and Satan. We learn that Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven into the earth. Satan is also known in this verse as the accuser of our brethren. These brethren who were accused by Satan were to eventually overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimonies and they loved not their lives unto the death. So who was this Satan or the Devil?

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Here we learn that he who had fallen from heaven by being cast out was also known as Lucifer, a son of the morning. He sought to exalt himself above God but eventually will find that he is brought down to hell to the sides of the pit. They who eventually behold will see him as a man and ask if this is the man who made the earth to tremble and did shake kingdoms. Lucifer, once held a high position as a son of the morning in the premortal world of spirits. Lucifer rebelled against the Father and Jesus and engaged in a war in heaven. Lucifer was one of the spirit children of God who sought to overthrow the kingdom of the Father and set up his own kingdom.

Moses 4:1-4
1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.

Here we learn that Lucifer sought to be the Son of God and would do it if God the Father would give him his honor and power. Lucifer also came up with a plan to take away the free agency of mankind and to use coercion to implement the plan of salvation. But God the Father rejected the plan of Lucifer and chose his first born son in the spirit to be the savior of the world. Lucifer was angry because he was not chosen to be God's only begotten in the flesh and that God rejected his plan of coercion. Lucifer then set out to convince all the rest of the spirit children of God the Father to reject the Father's plan and choose his plan. This is what the war in heaven was all about. When the Father saw that Lucifer came out in open rebellion against the Father, the Father caused Lucifer to be cast out of heaven and changed his name from Lucifer (which means, "Shining One", or "Lightbearer") to Satan and Perdition. Lucifer was quite successful in convincing many of sons and daughters of God to follow after him. He eventually got 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to follow after him. Those who followed after him were his angels. While those who chose Christ and fought against Lucifer were Michael and his angels. They are they who were allowed to come to this earth and receive bodies of flesh and bones and could overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimonies and would experience death. Satan and his followers were denied the opportunity to come to this earth and receive bodies of flesh and bones. They will never take part in the resurrection of the dead but live eternally as spirit beings.

What Lucifer didn't fully comprehend was that you cannot truly become a good being without free will. God the Father even allowed free will in the premortal world of spirits and thus Lucifer was allowed to rebel against God and to turn 1/3 of the hosts of heaven against Him. Free will is critical to the progression of the children of God. It is essential that mankind be allowed to choose in and themselves what manner of being they were to become. Only through free will can one truly become a good being.

Doctrine and Covenants 76:25–29
25 And this we saw also, and bear record, that an angel of God who was in authority in the presence of God, who rebelled against the Only Begotten Son whom the Father loved and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down from the presence of God and the Son,
26 And was called Perdition, for the heavens wept over him—he was Lucifer, a son of the morning.
27 And we beheld, and lo, he is fallen! is fallen, even a son of the morning!
28 And while we were yet in the Spirit, the Lord commanded us that we should write the vision; for we beheld Satan, that old serpent, even the devil, who rebelled against God, and sought to take the kingdom of our God and his Christ—
29 Wherefore, he maketh war with the saints of God, and encompasseth them round about.

the nature of the object is all their is - for those that take it to their hearts ... 2a.

- otherwise a meritless legend.

Evidently, Satan believed that if he could only use force and force everyone to be good beings that he could save all the children of God and not one soul would be lost. Satan gloried in his plan and wanted everyone else to give him glory for his supposed great plan. Since he came up with the plan he wanted God the Father to give him all the honor and glory for saving all mankind that not one soul would be lost. After his plan was rejected by the Father, he became quite wroth. He felt that he could still get all the sons and daughters of God to side with his plan and do away with free agency. Evidently many did not know or realize the importance of free will in the plan of salvation. Lucifer convinced 1/3 of all the host of heaven to go against the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Abraham 3:24-38
24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.
27 And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first.
28 And the second was angry, and kept not his first estate; and, at that day, many followed after him.

Revelation 12:3-4
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Doctrine and Covenants 29:36-37
36 And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the devil—for, behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency;
37 And they were thrust down, and thus came the devil and his angels;

What the Father understood is that you cannot bring about righteousness upon the principle of coercion. For one to truly be a good being in and of oneself, they must have the free will to choose to be a good being. Only in this way does one truly become a good being. I think Satan still believes in his plan of coercion and that he had a superior plan. But the truth of the matter is that his plan would never have brought about salvation nor would it have lead mankind to be good beings.

a malicious one

meaning: doesn't care about truth or anything decent.. just wants to accuse and destroy humans
No, the truth is what this Satan figure is supposed to get at. Humans want to destroy other humans.

Since 90% of Christianity came from older concepts I want to share with you a smidge of what I have found to the point of it. It will probably explain it better and shorter than I can. This is from an argument between Polus and Socrates but taken from Pharmakon by Michael Rinella.

P 217 Punishment (kolasis) is beneficial and advantageous from the standpoint of self interest because it delivers a man from “the worst of all bad things, “ and unhealthy “state of the soul” (477b-c). To be possessed of a bad soul, i.e. a mentally unbalanced and/or ignorant soul, is not as immediately painful as poverty or somatic disease, but it is “superior in baseness” over thse other kinds of badness owing to the tremendous harm and evil it produces (477b-d). Wickedness, exists” (477e). Disease of the soul is “the worst of all ailments” (479b-c) and in need of the strongest pharmakon as a remedy.” To be punished is to be healed from a bad internal state in a way analogous to weakness, disease and deformity(477a-478c). What the Athenian of the Laws proposes in order to rectify the criminals adikia, his state of mind, is a psychic cure for a diseased soul: “Now to deal with unjust injuries (and gains too, as when one man’s unjust act results in a gain for someone). The cases that are curable (iata) we must cure (iashhai), on the assumption that the soul has been infected by diseases (nosoi)’ (862b).

Please note that pharmakon has a multitude of meanings.

Forum List

Back