Thought of the day "how does Al Pacino only have one Oscar"?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
A classically trained actor who brings it every performance and has brought to life so many interesting characters. Hell, even De Niro, a poor mans Pacino has two!

Am I alone in being surprised at this fact?

Pacino's one of my two favorite actors (Tom Hanks is the other).

He was incredible in "Heat", "88 Minutes", "The Recruit" and "Insomnia".

Hard to believe he's been nominated nine times but has only won a single statue...

A classically trained actor who brings it every performance and has brought to life so many interesting characters. Hell, even De Niro, a poor mans Pacino has two!

Cuz he's a homo.

Joel Gray for Cabaret over Pacino in The Godfather?
Art Carney for Harry and Tonto over Pacino in Godfather II?

What were they thinking?

Pacino should have sent Robert Duvall to Hollywood to persuade the academy to fork over the oscar. Once one of the studio bosses wakes up with a horse's head in their bed, they would have probably given his the statuette.

Pacino should have sent Robert Duvall to Hollywood to persuade the academy to fork over the oscar. Once one of the studio bosses wakes up with a horse's head in their bed, they would have probably given his the statuette.

Problem with The Godfather is that Robert Duvall, James Cann and Al Pacino were all nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
They split the vote and Joel Gray won for Cabaret

Not surprised that "The Academy" didn't recognize his talent. He certainly deserved Oscars for both Godfathers, for Donnie Brasco and for Scarface. There should be an award for versitility as an actor, for people like Pacino and BIlly Bob Thornton, who can take a character and act it.

John Wayne was great, no doubt about that. But he was the same character in every movie. I just started watching the series "Fargo" and I was about to skip it until the Billy Bob Thornton character came on screen.

To me, one is better than none at all. How many people in the movie making field are still waiting on their first? How many of those people are veterans? If there are any veterans, who are they exactly?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, awards may not be what get the bills and so what really matters is that the movie making process continues on for those people in the first place because it shows that the people in charge of the films still want them in front of the camera to begin with.

Not surprised that "The Academy" didn't recognize his talent. He certainly deserved Oscars for both Godfathers, for Donnie Brasco and for Scarface. There should be an award for versitility as an actor, for people like Pacino and BIlly Bob Thornton, who can take a character and act it.

John Wayne was great, no doubt about that. But he was the same character in every movie. I just started watching the series "Fargo" and I was about to skip it until the Billy Bob Thornton character came on screen.
A lot of actors are like that. They have the same inflections in their delivery. Their range may be somewhat different, but it is not something spread from one side to the other so great. However, their presence on the screen as scene stealers gives them their star appeal.

He is beloved by millions and been in a ton of movies.

Who cares if he has an award? Not having an award doesn't diminish him at all.

Besides he, like many actors, gets paid millions of dollars, famous all over the world, is treated special, gets special treatment, fly allover the world, get things handed to them and live lives most don't.

Do they really need to be on tv getting more attention and given an award for a job they got paid a ton of money to do that lasts 5 to 10 months making more for that one movie than most do in their lifetime or even 10 years?

I don't need a award to tell me he is a good actor and I don't need an award to tell me if I can enjoy a movie or not. And he certainly doesn't need an award to be a highly paid and famous actor.

Like DeNiro he has been spectacular and horrible.
He has been in some legendary movies, and some real douches.
Again like DeNiro, he doesn't have a very good knack for filtering out bombs.

Forum List

Back