.....those docs, those damn MaraLago docs........

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
From tonight's Politico:

"Trump suffers setback as appeals panel rejects Cannon ruling"

"The panel ruled that Judge Aileen Cannon erred.

A three-judge appeals court panel has granted the Justice Department’s request to block aspects of U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling that delayed a criminal investigation into highly sensitive documents seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

The panel ruled that Cannon, a Trump appointee, erred when she temporarily prevented federal prosecutors from using the roughly 100 documents — marked as classified – recovered from Trump’s estate as part of a criminal inquiry.

Trump “has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents,” the panel ruled in a 29-page decision. “Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents.”

In the unanimous decision, the judges declared it “self-evident” that the public interest favored allowing the Justice Department to determine whether any of the records were improperly disclosed, risking national security damage.
“For our part, we cannot discern why Plaintiff would have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings,” the appeals court wrote in an opinion that listed no individual judge as the author.

“Permitting the United States to retain the documents does not suggest that they will be released; indeed, a purpose of the United States’s efforts in investigating the recovered classified documents is to limit unauthorized disclosure of the information they contain,” the appeals judges wrote. “Not only that, but any authorized official who makes an improper disclosure risks her own criminal liability.”

(the emphasis by me)

This is a rather stiff shot to both Judge Cannon and to the Trump lawyers. The unanimous decision is surprisingly blunt, in my opinion. "cannot discern why Plaintiff"......... "not even attempted to show".

This ruling is likely not being received warmly by the lawyers representing DTrump's interest in this case.

IMHO

This thread that I started as the OP......can be moved into the earlier thread by poster Kondor covering the same issue: The slap-down of DTrump's lawyers by the federal appellate court.

1663812555099.png

"Um, touchy touchy, You do what ever you need to do."

Oh no, that is a sad misread of my intentions.
Poster Kondor3 saw reportage on this same "slap down" and started a thread on it. He did it before my avatar did. So there's is no desire on my part to steal any applause lines from Kondor. He was first, his thread should get precedence.

So, no 'touchiness' involved at all. Simply courtesy. And respect towards another poster who not infrequently offers the forum insightful and perceptive commentary on events of the day.

I regret if my suggestion to move it confused poster MaryL.

This thread that I started as the OP......can be moved into the earlier thread by poster Kondor covering the same issue: The slap-down of DTrump's lawyers by the federal appellate court.
The mods don't need your advice, C., so stop annoying your betters.

I'm glad that the appeals court decided the case so quickly. It will quickly move to the Supreme Court, so the Trump appointees will once again be in charge.

Trump may well appoint Cannon to that august body in the first year of his second administration. The GOP Senate will confirm after allowing their Dem colleagues to whine for awhile.

"It will quickly move to the Supreme Court, so the Trump appointees will once again be in charge."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Regrettably, good poster Flops evidently missed the reference in the Politico reportage that two of the judges in this 3-judge unanimous decision were.....hold for it.....appointed by DTrump.

Just sayin'

--------------------------------------------------------------

Regrettably, good poster Flops evidently missed the reference in the Politico reportage that two of the judges in this 3-judge unanimous decision were.....hold for it.....appointed by DTrump.

Just sayin'
I don't care about Politico, and Trump don't care about lower level appointments.

But it will be supremely ironic when Supreme Court Justice Cannon writes the opinion over-rules the three judge panel that over-ruled her ruling.

President Trump said they took his living will.

That's not going to play well with the employable 70% of the country....

Wait til he releases the home videos.... knuckle-dragging brownshirts trying on Melania's strapless dresses and heels isn't going to play well either... :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

If there were ANYTHING in that video that reflected badly on the FBI, Trump would have already released it.

I don't care about Politico, and Trump don't care about lower level appointments.

But it will be supremely ironic when Supreme Court Justice Cannon writes the opinion over-rules the three judge panel that over-ruled her ruling.
Worry about the current Supreme Court right now. These people are perverting the system worse than it already was.

If there were ANYTHING in that video that reflected badly on the FBI, Trump would have already released it.
No, dumber-than-fuck, he's made it clear he doesn't want to expose the field agents that were just doing their job. He wants to root out the corruption at the upper levels.

It's something that would occur to someone with a conscience and ethics.... you'll just have to take my word for it.

Forum List

Back