This Will Be The Test For Man Made Climate Change

you expect people to normalize a tiny spot on a huge chart and draw scientific conclusions out of it...

Makes about as much sense as the arguments that CO2 has changed the climate! If you think that dropping so huge an amount of CO2 for the foreseeable future (who knows how long before output returns to old levels if ever), cannot have any demonstrated effect measured in plants, trees, weather, climate, then you've pretty much killed your argument for MMCC! :auiqs.jpg:

As far as what I "expect," you said it, junior, not me.

you are talking about 6 mnts of data in a century old dataset...

if you dont realize how funny you sound, its just because you are not aware of it...

No YOU are talking abouty that. I never said it, stoopid.

that means you dont even know what you are talking about... :D

You're an idiot. Quit bluffing by telling everyone else how wrong they are and try proving you are right! You got nothing.

prove global warming you mean...
should i start from the beginning then... :)

and waste my time with you knucklehead who expects to see an up arrow and a down arrow right where the shutdown happened as a proof of something...

you dont even know what a dataset is idiot, let alone how to look at it and normalize it to make anything out of it...

what do you want, climate change for idiots 101 class...

go google it sucker...

What specific datasets are you referring to?

Any. All.
:rolleyes:

Could you be more specific?

What more is there to say? Am I talking to 1st graders? Obviously, the longer the CO2 drop lasts and the farther it goes down the better the chances of seeing the effect reflected in measurements of the land, air and sea, and the more precise the interpretation can be, and the better it will show us the true impact of CO2 as to how it is affecting the planet, or perhaps not.

For years, climate alarmists have been calling for the need to cut back on hydrocarbons and reducing consumption of fossil fuels to lower CO2! Well, HERE IT IS!

Just because it is an unexpected, unplanned event changes nothing, and we have no idea how long it will last. So this is the test, a real opportunity for MMCC believers to PROVE what they say, to put their money where their mouth is. All these people should be jumping with joy celebrating how the Earth has been saved!

Where are the global warming alarmists? They should be calling Covid-19 a blessing in disguise!

And the USA is leading the world with a 12% drop! China, practically none at all. People better get on China's back. Bad, China, bad.

What more is there to say? Am I talking to 1st graders? Obviously, the longer the CO2 drop lasts and the farther it goes down the better the chances of seeing the effect reflected in measurements of the land, air and sea, and the more precise the interpretation can be, and the better it will show us the true impact of CO2 as to how it is affecting the planet, or perhaps not.

For years, climate alarmists have been calling for the need to cut back on hydrocarbons and reducing consumption of fossil fuels to lower CO2! Well, HERE IT IS!

Just because it is an unexpected, unplanned event changes nothing, and we have no idea how long it will last. So this is the test, a real opportunity for MMCC believers to PROVE what they say, to put their money where their mouth is. All these people should be jumping with joy celebrating how the Earth has been saved!

Where are the global warming alarmists? They should be calling Covid-19 a blessing in disguise!

And the USA is leading the world with a 12% drop! China, practically none at all. People better get on China's back. Bad, China, bad.

As much as I hate to weigh in here ... you know perfectly well I certainly will ... come hell or high water ...

We have a conservation of mass issue here that needs to be addressed before we can deal with the OP ... the article in the OP give human output of carbon dioxide at about 40 billion tons per year ... unfortunately, the CO2 readings taken in Hawaii are only showing half this amount ... so right away we have a 50% discrepancy in the numbers ... we can speculate where this missing carbon dioxide is going, but until we can measure this and describe this behavior in the climate system ... well ... a 10% drop in emissions may not even show up in the trace at Hawaii ...

The effect in the OP is plausible ... it has been noted that the drop in temperatures at the beginning of the Little Ice Age was coincident to the Black Death killing off 1/3 of Europe ... so much land was left fallow encapsulating CO2 ...

NOAA will post their 2020 Global Average Temperature in a couple of months ... 50/50 chance the OP is right ...

Due to the lockdowns of 2020 and so much less human activity and travel, the world's CO2 level has dropped by 7% globally with the USA putting out 12% less with over 3 billion tons less CO2 going into the air and this trend will continue for some time.

If what all the global warming alarmists say is true about MMCC, then this should eventually show up in the data somehow and we should see some signs of less warming, more snow or something, for 2020 has been, in effect, given the world what the climate alarmists have been saying for years we needed to do to fix things!

If none of this results in any deviation in the data, it will be a pretty good indicator that our climate is not being significant impacted by man through his output of CO2.

Just in under the wire... the STUPIDEST post of 2020.
And with 'likes' from jGalt, DraineyDays, daveman, Pete7469 so far

ReinyDays
you Hypocrite ASSHOLE.
You take issue with NASA, YALE, COLMBIA, etc, but you thank this post of subterranean/unmeasurable IQ?

Toobfreak: Because emissions were down 7% from 40 Bil Tons to 37 Bil Tons does NOT mean the total CO2 in the atmosphere as down DUFUS.
It just means it was still UP 37 Billion Tons from last year instead of 40 ... ON TOP OF an already Much more massive amount.
That is not going to make temps go down you 12 IQ MORON just continue up a tiny/immeasurabe dif less.

CO2 in last few years
2017 - 403.3 PPM
2018 - 405.5 PPM
2019 - 408.5 PPM
SO Far/through October it's UP TO - 411.28 PPM

SO the 40 to 37 drop in this years INCREASE is near negligible
and might make it got to, ie, 'only' 411.75 Instead of 412 PPM.
But its still continuing to INCREASE the CO2 in the atmosphere.

toobfreak is STUPID BEYOND BELIEF.
You could only 'teach math' to horses or gorillas needing to count/Paw to 5.

Again look at the IDIOTS like ReinyDays who thank this IDIOTIC post. (while demanding 'studies' from intelligent ones)
Beneath Stupid.
You dumb ****.

Data Reference: Earth's CO2 Home Page

-

EDIT:
Note ReinyDays Whiff Below.
My argument was Complete "Rebuttal" with added "ad Hom" because what I had to Rebut was So STUPID.
and ReineyDays is bald spot deep in the Stupid Club.

Last edited:
Due to the lockdowns of 2020 and so much less human activity and travel, the world's CO2 level has dropped by 7% globally with the USA putting out 12% less with over 3 billion tons less CO2 going into the air and this trend will continue for some time.

If what all the global warming alarmists say is true about MMCC, then this should eventually show up in the data somehow and we should see some signs of less warming, more snow or something, for 2020 has been, in effect, given the world what the climate alarmists have been saying for years we needed to do to fix things!

If none of this results in any deviation in the data, it will be a pretty good indicator that our climate is not being significant impacted by man through his output of CO2.

Just in under the wire... the STUPIDEST post of 2020.
And with 'likes' from jGalt, Reiney, daveman, Pete7469 so far

ReinyDays
you Hypocrite ASSHOLE.
You take issue with NASA, YALE, COLMBIA, etc, but you thank this post of subterranean/unmeasurable IQ?

Toobfreak: Because emissions were down 7% from 40 Bil Tons to 37 Bil Tons does NOT mean the total CO2 in the atmosphere as down DUFUS.
It just means it was still UP 37 Billion Tons from last year instead of 40 ... ON TOP OF an already Much more massive amount.
That is not going to make temps go down you 12 IQ MORON just continue up a tiny/immeasurabe dif less.

CO2 in last few years
2017 - 403.3 PPM
2018 - 405.5 PPM
2019 - 408.5 PPM
SO Far/through October it's UP TO - 411.28 PPM

SO the 40 to 37 drop in this years INCREASE is near negligible
and might make it got to, ie, 'only' 411.75 Instead of 412 PPM.
But its still continuing to INCREASE the CO2 in the atmosphere.

toobfreak is STUPID BEYOND BELIEF.
You could only 'teach math' to horses or gorillas needing to count/Paw to 5.

Again look at the IDIOTS like ReinyDays who thank this IDIOTIC post. (while demanding 'studies' from intelligent ones)
Beneath Stupid.
You dumb ****.

Data Reference: Earth's CO2 Home Page

`

`

Thank you for the ad hominum argument ... you admit my claims are unassailable and have nothing but my character to attack ... and it's noted you didn't address anything I posted about ...

I think your citation is cartoonish ... like some bored high school kid threw it together ... c.f. NOAA Global Monitoring Laboratory ...

Due to the lockdowns of 2020 and so much less human activity and travel, the world's CO2 level has dropped by 7%

Um, no. _Emissions_ have dropped. _Level_ continues to rise.

And since you faceplanted in the first sentence, the rest of your post is nonsense.

This is grade-school level stuff, and you fail completely at it. Take that as a cue to shut up and stop bothering the grownups.
Can you explain how atmospheric CO2 warms the deep oceans?

I seriously doubt that 6 mos will make any discernable difference in climate change. If you measure CO2 levels around major cities in the US they will certainly be down do to less vehicle traffic.

Last edited:
Due to the lockdowns of 2020 and so much less human activity and travel, the world's CO2 level has dropped by 7%

Um, no. _Emissions_ have dropped. _Level_ continues to rise.

And since you faceplanted in the first sentence, the rest of your post is nonsense.

This is grade-school level stuff, and you fail completely at it. Take that as a cue to shut up and stop bothering the grownups.

The yearly increase is about the same, despite the significant drop from mankind.

1607834440877.png

LINK

This means that as usual you can't think past your nose.

You are talking to someone who is much more knowledgeable than you.

The fact that you claim that with no proof suggests otherwise.
The fact that you still refuse to specify the dataset(s) you are referring to suggests that you haven't a clue. You don't know what you are talking about.

I just looked at the temperature log from one of my weather stations. It's automatically logged. It says 35.44 degrees F. If it was a mere 30 years ago, if I logged a temperature reading at that weather station I would write down 35 degrees.

Because it hasn't got up to 36 degrees. That's just what we did. We did not have wi-fi data loggers 30 years ago. We actually walked out to the weather station with a flashlight and observed the mercury on a thermometer.

Does that mean it has it got 0.44 degrees warmer? No. That would be as stupid as saying there was a time warp every leap year or daylight savings.

And for you laypersons who are wondering why us scientists would write down the lower temperature, it's because of absolute zero. Us scientists know there is an absolute low temperature. So we start from there. Science has not discovered an absolute high temperature.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt that 6 mos will make any discernable difference in climate change. If you measure CO2 levels around major cities in the US they will certainly be down do to less vehicle traffic.

Not sure why I must keep repeating the obvious: where did I say anything about six months? The fact that you people can't even read what is written but instead see what you think you read proves your opinions are worthless. I said that we don't know how long this will go on and the longer it continues, the more likely and the more accurately we may be able to see some effect reflected in the data which would support the MMCC theory or refute it!

Again, all of the climate change hounds ought to be EXCITED at this Covid shutdown as the perfect opportunity to finally vindicate their claims, instead, they are running from it. Why? Afraid it'll show that CO2 isn't the climate modifier you all claim?

You are talking to someone who is much more knowledgeable than you.

The fact that you claim that with no proof suggests otherwise.
The fact that you still refuse to specify the dataset(s) you are referring to suggests that you haven't a clue. You don't know what you are talking about.

Well since I've now stated TWICE that I never referred to any particular database, but instead said we should simply WATCH all databases for an effect proves that if you can't even fucking read plain English, you have no worthwhile opinion to give here.

Get back to us when you graduate grade school.

you dont have a clue do you...

No, obviously YOU don't have any clue, fuckwad, or you would offer proof, but you offer nothing but your own ignorance.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE between this imposed Covid drop and the kinds of green energy electric car changes all you environmental wackjobs want to do!

So here's your chance, finally, to PROVE MMCC is real, because WE'VE REVERSED IT-- -- what will be your excuse now, flyboy, that we have to keep emissions down for 50 years to see any return on the investment? :auiqs.jpg:

you are talking about 6 mnts of data in a century old dataset... ...

if you dont realize how funny you sound, its just because you are not aware of it... ...

:)
So, whenever there's a breathless pronouncement from the doomsayers that THIS IS THE COLDEST/WARMEST YEAR ON RECORD, we can ignore it, because it's just 6 months of data in a century-old dataset?

No, obviously YOU don't have any clue, fuckwad, or you would offer proof, but you offer nothing but your own ignorance.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE between this imposed Covid drop and the kinds of green energy electric car changes all you environmental wackjobs want to do!

So here's your chance, finally, to PROVE MMCC is real, because WE'VE REVERSED IT-- -- what will be your excuse now, flyboy, that we have to keep emissions down for 50 years to see any return on the investment? :auiqs.jpg:

if you dont realize how funny you sound, its just because you are not aware of it... ...

So, whenever there's a breathless pronouncement from the doomsayers that THIS IS THE COLDEST/WARMEST YEAR ON RECORD, we can ignore it, because it's just 6 months of data in a century-old dataset?

no, it is the result of a century old buildup, which wont clear in 6 mnts to see any impact on any credible dataset...

hope this makes sense...

no, it is the result of a century old buildup, which wont clear in 6 mnts to see any impact on any credible dataset...

hope this makes sense...
Did you know none of the climate cult's doom predictions have come true?

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

I mean, after a while, you'd think they'd just give up.

This shows they simply don't have the science on their side. It's all done for political considerations.

hope this makes sense...

So CO2 isn't absorbed, combined or used by anything? it just kinda hangs around. In other words, there is no point in going green then because if we stopped producing CO2 tomorrow, it would take another century before the climate starts to rebound.

So it's too late and we might as well not worry about it and just enjoy life.

hope this makes sense...

So CO2 isn't absorbed, combined or used by anything? it just kinda hangs around. In other words, there is no point in going green then because if we stopped producing CO2 tomorrow, it would take another century before the climate starts to rebound.

So it's too late and we might as well not worry about it and just enjoy life.

yes, we most likely passed the point of no return long time ago...
at least thats what the science and data tells us...

i agree; we should be pedal to the metal, which is what i do...

but i dont play dumb to the science and data either...
because thats what dumb people would do...

on the other hand, some people are trying to do something about it, even if its too late...
who am i to judge them...
god bless their hearts...

they are good,
i am bad,
and you are awful...

Forum List

Back