This We Don't Know

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Since Russia and China at the least are not providing credible figures.

The United States has had over 610,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases and over 27,000 deaths, leading the world in both numbers.
-Yahoo News

about 14% of our population has likely been infected....

what we know as of today's new information, is that 14% of the seemingly healthy women going in to the hospital for labor and delivery, all showing no symptoms of the virus, had the virus....

that's a lot more than I ever could have imagined! The hospital doctors were shocked as well!

we really don't know poo-pee about this virus yet....

And for certain China and Russia are lying through their teeth about their cases and deaths!

The United States has had over 610,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases and over 27,000 deaths, leading the world in both numbers.
-Yahoo News
Less than half the deaths of a normal flu season.

-Yahoo News

Not quite 27,000 yet:
1587012092761.png

The horrific thing is that we've only tested about 1% of the population:

1587012181916.png

And some states have tested fewer than 10,000 people.

-Yahoo News
Putin will sound the alarm if there is a deadly pandemic going on in his country. He is not going to sit around and do nothing about it.

-Yahoo News

That's actually not true based on CDC estimates. The average number of estimated flu deaths per season since 2010 is about 37,500. Burden of Influenza

Also, flu season goes through fall and winter. This pandemic has been going on for a shorter period of time.

what we know as of today's new information, is that 14% of the seemingly healthy women going in to the hospital for labor and delivery, all showing no symptoms of the virus, had the virus....

that's a lot more than I ever could have imagined! The hospital doctors were shocked as well!

And for certain China and Russia are lying through their teeth about their cases and deaths!

Where did this information come from? I haven't seen it and am not sure where to look.

Where did this information come from? I haven't seen it and am not sure where to look.
Last night on one of the talk news shows, they had an OBGYN doctor who ran the maternity ward at some hospital..... that's all I caught....sorry.... but I will try to find it for you.

They had two of their pregnant women who came in with no symptoms, end up getting sick while there...

They requested the covid test kits to test them... And they were positive, th I s caused great concern, mainly because the maternity ward workers wore no PPE gear and nurse were likely passing it to others.

Long story short, they got tests for just maternity/ labor and delivery ward....

Began testing all women being admitted to the ward as precaution.

About 200 women over a short time span of entrants were tested as new patients, and around 25 of the 200 came in with the virus.... NONE had symptoms, 14% tested positive.

These were the only group of people in this Nation that have been tested that had no symptoms with no known contacts....

-Yahoo News
ON TOP of our normal flu season.
"Normal" flu season 40,000-60,000 deaths in a year
Covid 19 27,000 in 48 days

Last night on one of the talk news shows, they had an OBGYN doctor who ran the maternity ward at some hospital..... that's all I caught....sorry.... but I will try to find it for you.

They had two of their pregnant women who came in with no symptoms, end up getting sick while there...

They requested the covid test kits to test them... And they were positive, th I s caused great concern, mainly because the maternity ward workers wore no PPE gear and nurse were likely passing it to others.

Long story short, they got tests for just maternity/ labor and delivery ward....

Began testing all women being admitted to the ward as precaution.

About 200 women over a short time span of entrants were tested as new patients, and around 25 of the 200 came in with the virus.... NONE had symptoms, 14% tested positive.

These were the only group of people in this Nation that have been tested that had no symptoms with no known contacts....

The other piece of info to plug in here is that when other places tested people regardless of symptoms or not they found up to half the positive results were from people with NO symptoms who had no idea they were silent carriers, emphasizing the need for comprehensive testing. This Italian town wiped the virus out by doing that. I suspect that's what they mean by how many are "likely" infected (but not yet known).

As long as only they symptomatic are tested, finding infections to quarantine is a continuously uphill battle as the silent carriers continue to feed the virus with new breeding ground. And that's why all the closures and "social distancing" measures. It's basically a giant game of whack-a-mole. I think that's why the places that got out in front of testing immediately e.g. South Korea, Taiwan, were able to flatten their curve.

Forum List

Back