This is why they don't want to educate the Negro

Nope. It wasn't a Sunday school. Had nothing to do with Sundays.
Like many southern officers Jackson fought for his state.
Actually, it was. It was Sunday school. Next time, try doing some research before posting. Will help you look less of a fool.

And so what if Jackson fought for the state? It was a racist state and he was still a racist.

And, btw, isn't that the same argument Nazis gave? That they were just soldiers fighting for their state?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Actually, it was. It was Sunday school. Next time, try doing some research before posting. Will help you look less of a fool.

And so what if Jackson fought for the state? It was a racist state and he was still a racist.

And, btw, isn't that the same argument Nazis gave? That they were just soldiers fighting for their state?
The southern officers were decent and honorable men. Calling them racists doesn't change that.

The southern officers were decent and honorable men. Calling them racists doesn't change that.
They and their Union counterparts fought what was probably the most decent, atrocity free, civil war in history. Regardless of the cause they fought for, they were decent, honorable men by the standards of their time.

They and their Union counterparts fought what was probably the most decent, atrocity free, civil war in history. Regardless of the cause they fought for, they were decent, honorable men by the standards of their time.
Except for maybe Andersonville and the burning of Atlanta.

Union officers and men were no less racist than Confederates. By modern standards, everybody in the eighteen sixties were horribly racist. They didn’t THINK all other races were inferior to whites, they KNEW it right down to their bones.

Union officers and men were no less racist than Confederates. By modern standards, everybody in the eighteen sixties were horribly racist. They didn’t THINK all other races were inferior to whites, they KNEW it right down to their bones.
True. Even the ones that opposed slavery didn't support the idea of equality that is expected today.

You racists always have an excuse. The confederate soldiers were not Americans. They rescinded their citizenship when they seceded. They were traitors who waged war against the United States and lost. And that's all they were.

Tsk Tsk you cannot control the thoughts and opinions of the world.

The Confederates were decent, honorable men who fought to end northern aggression and unfortunately failed. We would be better off today had they succeeded.

Now you toddle off and foam at the mouth someplace.

The Confederates were decent, honorable men who fought to end northern aggression and unfortunately failed. We would be better off today had they succeeded.

LOL, in other words, you are miserable that slavery was ended? Yeah, we know but thanks for confirming. :itsok:

LOL, in other words, you are miserable that slavery was ended? Yeah, we know but thanks for confirming. :itsok:
Miserable that slavery was ended. How droll. No I'm not miserable that slavery ended. I don't care one way or the other about slavery. I don't care that much about black people or the entire black experience to have a strong emotion like miserable. It's not like I Iong to feed, clothe, medicate and shelter some random black person.

It doesn't matter what you want to think. You can think the moon is made of cheese, but the proven truth shows it is not. Just like the proven truth shows that the confederacy was not America and those who fought against America were traitors.

So toddle off somewhere, take an opioid, then flush it down with some moonshine.

I think the point he was making was that with the defeat of the Confederacy, the concept of State's Rights trumping Federal Rights died. In my personal opinion, our country would be a healthier place if States Rights still trumped Federal Rights. Fifty attempted solutions to a problem are more likely to find an optimum solution than one imposed from above.

It doesn't matter what you want to think. You can think the moon is made of cheese, but the proven truth shows it is not. Just like the proven truth shows that the confederacy was not America and those who fought against America were traitors.

So toddle off somewhere, take an opioid, then flush it down with some moonshine.
The problem with your OPINION is that the Confederates were never treated like traitors. They were treated like legal combatants. If they had been considered traitors. they would have been tried after the war and none were.

I just love yanking your chain.

I think the point he was making was that with the defeat of the Confederacy, the concept of State's Rights trumping Federal Rights died. In my personal opinion, our country would be a healthier place if States Rights still trumped Federal Rights. Fifty attempted solutions to a problem are more likely to find an optimum solution than one imposed from above.
LOL I love how you idiots justify the civil war. A war that was fought primarily to allow southern states to maintain the status quo of slavery.

State Rights = The right of states to keep slaves.

Forum List

Back