This Is Why People Want To Defund The Police

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I don't condone it, but it's "officers" like this who give them such a bad reputation. I agree with B. Tatum once again. This man should have gotten arrested or fired at the very least.

There are changes needed in policing but defunding is not one of them.

I know, but you can understand why people want to. Like I stated in my OP, I definitely don't condone it.

I don't condone it, but it's "officers" like this who give them such a bad reputation. I agree with B. Tatum once again. This man should have gotten arrested or fired at the very least.

I thought "defund the police" was just because criminals and people that have no respect for the law, or rules in society, wanted less police to interfere in them doing as they damn well please. Anybody that would want to defund police over some hillbilly sheriff disrespecting a policeman, attempting to do his duty needs to pull their head out of their ass.

I know, but you can understand why people want to. Like I stated in my OP, I definitely don't condone it.
I believe that most cities where this has been considered by city counsels, the real goal was not to abolish the police but rather to reduce police budgets to get enough funds to hire "community service officers" who would support crime prevention, investigation, and response where full police powers are unnecessary. Ask any policeman, and you will hear about the many cases dealing with non-violent situations, dogs pooping on neighbor yards, kid's pranks, parents fighting to save their kids from drugs, trespassing, shoplifting, other petty crimes, abandon cars, mental illness, senior who wander always from home etc. Also, there are many domestic problems where follow up is needed but not by the police. The ideas I have heard that make sense is having these community service officers work closely with police. Where 911 can identify the situation as being non-violent, a community service officer would be dispatched.

Last edited:
Defunding the police is a way to be fiscally conservative. It only works if everybody in the town owns a gun and is deputized. I don’t think there are very many towns like that around. Volunteer deputies would be more qualified to shoot criminals than a professional police officer. A volunteer would be motivated to keep his community safe. A professional police officer will be motivated to keep his job. Defunding the police is not a bad idea in theory but the average man is too lazy and cowardly to police his own community.

Forum List

Back