THIS is racing!

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
These guys, and some gals, especially Michelle Mouton, are the best in the world!

And the Dakar Rally. A 9000km man made circuit packed with hazards and unforgiving terrains. When it was held in South Africa racers would get lost for days.

Pfft ... There ain't but one race ... The rest are just pretending.

Yeah, I am a huge fan of the TT too, but I am mainly a fast car guy, not a fast bike guy.

I chickened out at about 110 on my KH500. About as fast as it would go, but fast enough for me.

On 4 wheels I am a member of the 200mph club.

This is racing!!
500 racers on old iron mine, in 2016 only nine finished. It's considered one of the most dangerous races there is.

How many fatalities per race? The IOM TT averages two fatalities per race.

I have no idea.

It can't be all that dangerous if people don't die.

Just saying.

The IOM TT is so dangerous the FIM won't let any of their riders participate.

Valentino Rossi LOVES the TT, and those who ride in it, but he can't race in it.

It can't be all that dangerous if people don't die.

Just saying.

The IOM TT is so dangerous the FIM won't let any of their riders participate.

Valentino Rossi LOVES the TT, and those who ride in it, but he can't race in it.
I do know people die but not how many but it's listed with the IOM TT in the top 5 most dangerous races.

How many fatalities per race? The IOM TT averages two fatalities per race.

It's not just the fatalities ... If you watch the clips cnm and I posted ...
Those guys are doing most of the race at breakneck speeds, and it isn't necessarily a racetrack.

There are times they are in the wide open and trees and buildings are flying by faster than you can see them.
Shoot ... In the video I posted near the end you can see a helicopter trying to keep up with them in the flats.

It's not just the fatalities ... If you watch the clips cnm and I posted ...
Those guys are doing most of the race at breakneck speeds, and it isn't necessarily a racetrack.

There are times they are in the wide open and trees and buildings are flying by faster than you can see them.
Shoot ... In the video I posted near the end you can see a helicopter trying to keep up with them in the flats.

Oh, I know. A friend of mine tried to do the race with a highly modified Bull Taco. I was part of his crew, this was back in the 1970s. He was able to make 3 laps before the engine grenaded on him.

The thing about the TT is there is no safe place to crash. You are going to hit a wall, or a tree, or a building.

All of which are pretty immovable.

Oh, I know. A friend of mine tried to do the race with a highly modified Bull Taco. I was part of his crew, this was back in the 1970s. He was able to make 3 laps before the engine grenaded on him.

The thing about the TT is there is no safe place to crash. You are going to hit a wall, or a tree, or a building.

All of which are pretty immovable.

Lolz ... I have a nice bass boat that when you get it up on plane ... With just the ass end and the prop in the water, can move at a hella fast clip.
But damn ... It will make you think your eyes are bleeding and your ears are flapping together behind your head.

That's about as quick as I want to go in the wide open without seatbelt nowadays ...
Not to mention that a piece of the playing field is underwater and out of sight ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back