What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

Google

Gold Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I heard about people that were dancing in monuments in DC and getting arrested. I didn't think anything of it until I came across this video. This is sickening. I wonder how modern America would have tolerated the protests of the 60's?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKK8eZ57L6Q&feature=related]Kissing in Public Brutal Arrest May 28th 2011 Raw Video (Plz Share) - YouTube[/ame]

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I have trouble getting worked up about this.
On May 28, 2011, Kokesh and other activists participated in a flash mob-silent dance at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. in protest of a recent ruling against dancing at federal monuments; the activists were arrested through the use of physical force by U.S. Park Police officers.

Last edited:

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously this would never happen in D.C. under a DEMOCRATIC president....
OOh wait....

I can understand that the police have been warned about tweet mobs and social media coordinated gangs of robbers and thieves.. But the sheer over-reaction here is just where we've allowed the police powers to go.. Ain't no ones' fault but our own. If we have judges allowing no warrant searches and busting people for taking videos of arrests -- we're gonna need to RESTATE some rights and protections to get them back..

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...d-others-arrested-and-abused-for-dancing.html

I don't recall if I made this point in that thread or not, but I'll make it here. The cops might have been justified had they been dancing at the Lincoln Memorial. Lincoln certainly violated enough freedoms during his reign that stifling the freedom of expression at his memorial almost makes sense. But Thomas Jefferson?

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...d-others-arrested-and-abused-for-dancing.html

I don't recall if I made this point in that thread or not, but I'll make it here. The cops might have been justified had they been dancing at the Lincoln Memorial. Lincoln certainly violated enough freedoms during his reign that stifling the freedom of expression at his memorial almost makes sense. But Thomas Jefferson?

I just don't get it Kevin.

Why stir up trouble for the sake of stirring up trouble.

It's silly.

I can understand protesting the war in Iraq...I don't agree, but I definitely understand.

But protesting the refusal of The Man to allow you to get yo dance on...c'mon now.

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

I can understand protesting the war in Iraq...I don't agree, but I definitely understand.

But protesting the refusal of The Man to allow you to get yo dance on...c'mon now.

liberalism is a mental disorder

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

Hmmm...opposed to Lincoln...you must be a democrat alright.

MikeK

Gold Member
Reaction score
Obviously this would never happen in D.C. under a DEMOCRATIC president....
OOh wait....

I can understand that the police have been warned about tweet mobs and social media coordinated gangs of robbers and thieves.. But the sheer over-reaction here is just where we've allowed the police powers to go.. Ain't no ones' fault but our own. If we have judges allowing no warrant searches and busting people for taking videos of arrests -- we're gonna need to RESTATE some rights and protections to get them back..
I agree with all you've said here. This is one more example of the emerging authoritarian atmosphere. I hope those kids' parents are able to afford lawyers who will make the proper issue of this incident.

MikeK

Gold Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

While the dancing could be considered disorderly conduct I am focusing on the couple who were kissing. There was nothing obscene about their conduct and it is not uncommon to see people kissing in public. And if there are specific rules concerning any of those behaviors in that place those individuals should have been amply advised of them and/or warned about their conduct before being treated like dangerous felons.

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

While the dancing could be considered disorderly conduct I am focusing on the couple who were kissing. There was nothing obscene about their conduct and it is not uncommon to see people kissing in public. And if there are specific rules concerning any of those behaviors in that place those individuals should have been amply advised of them and/or warned about their conduct before being treated like dangerous felons.

It doesn't show what they were doing in that video.

Wikipedia and The Washington Post say they were arrested for violating of U.S. Court of Appeals ruling Oberwetter v. U.S. Department of Interior.

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

Same quote I used in the first thread.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

liberalism is a mental disorder

:rolleyes:

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

Hmmm...opposed to Lincoln...you must be a democrat alright.

I must be, huh?

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

Civil Disobedience is SOOOOO evil....as were David Henry Thoreau, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr.

Lonestar_logic

Republic of Texas
Reaction score

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Lonestar_logic

Republic of Texas
Reaction score
A few months ago I heard about people that were dancing in monuments in DC and getting arrested. I didn't think anything of it until I came across this video. This is sickening. I wonder how modern America would have tolerated the protests of the 60's?

Kissing in Public Brutal Arrest May 28th 2011 Raw Video (Plz Share) - YouTube

They deserved to get arrested.

Of course. And maybe even tazered, right?

If that's what it takes.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had a thread on this.

It's silly.

Civil Disobedience is SOOOOO evil....as were David Henry Thoreau, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm not opposed to civil disobedience to champion a worthy cause...even if it's a cause I don't agree with.

But this is silly and stupid...these spoiled brats are not being oppressed.

Comparing this nonsense to Gandhi and King cheapens their monumental contributions to combating real oppression.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$260.01
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List