This Hyperventilating About Contraceptives is Overblown

Conservatives: Do You Want a Govt "Ban" on Contraceptives?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It's nuanced (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tennessee, by law, has outlawed every diet pill. There hasn't been any diet pills in TN since I moved here over 30 years ago.

Since the truth came out about phen phen....they have been even more self righteous in their decision and laws.

I can see the same thing happening with IUDs. IUDs are actually the worst form of birth control causing permanent sterilization from scars when many women would like to have children eventually. But due to political action committee money....IUDs have remained legal and viable....
But that's what States do...they make laws concerning these things. TN restricted diet pills....no law about crossing state lines to get them and many did. Same thing is likely going to happen with IUDs here....not illegal to possess but illegal to distribute. I'm not opposed to then outlawing this one type. There will not be a ban of all contraceptives across the board.

Children in state custody is where things begin to get fuzzy. Most girls in state custody get depo shots or norplant implants. I haven't heard of them getting an IUD.

Condoms will still be available at high schools.

That's a sad commentary. I feel very sorry for children who are forced to be raised in a place like that.

Forced morality, isn't morality. Its the worst kind of coercion.

Coercion is the greatest antithesis of the freedom of conscious as outlined in the Declaration of Independence.

Apparently, there are a lot of people that need remedial courses on what it means to be an American.

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

Somehow, either by blindness or design, you have missed the glaring beacon in front of your face that is the point. Neither the federal government or the state has any business getting involved in decisions surrounding contraception. The same is true about abortion until the fetus is viable on its own.
The broader issue being the conservative majority insisting no right exists that isn't explicitly enumerated, or has some historical reference referred to by the Constitution's authors. As if we should have expected there to be laws allowing for abortion in colonial days when women were second class citizens. Or gay marriage when the morays of the time were so repressive. What these conservatives fail to take in to account is, how can we expect laws and cases that are over a century old to dictate the legality of regulations targeting ‘ghost guns’ constructed with the aid of a three-dimensional printer? It's inanity.

So again we have an example of people wanting to go back to the way things were 60 plus years ago.

What's wrong with staying with a tried and true protocol instead of attempting a risky , unproven liberal scheme?

The great thing about men buying rubbers in a gas station is that the facilities are everywhere and have long hours, often 24/7.

Making an appointment with a pecker checker and taking a scrip down to the local apothecary so the government can make a payment doesn't work so well if a guy meets a dame in a bar or something.

That's a sad commentary. I feel very sorry for children who are forced to be raised in a place like that.

Coercion is the greatest antithesis of the freedom of conscious as outlined in the Declaration of Independence.

Apparently, there are a lot of people that need remedial courses on what it means to be an American.
What?
Restricting DIET pills is forced morality???
Please explain that one.

Why don't you stop hyperventilating and look at the poll results, which are reinforced by the discussion in the thread? ONE poster wants a legal "ban" on contraceptives. All other posters, conservatives, want no such thing.

This won't happen, despite your fevered dreams of Handmaid's Tale or whatever.

Somehow, either by blindness or design, you have missed the glaring beacon in front of your face that is the point. Neither the federal government or the state has any business getting involved in decisions surrounding contraception. The same is true about abortion until the fetus is viable on its own.

You are really straying from the Liberal Plantation here, berg.

Most libs think the state and federal government need to get involved in the payments for both prophylactics as well as abortions- which are important parts of the decision, wouldn't you say?

I've taken a lot of heat from leftards over the years for suggesting the chicks should get their boyfriends and/or pimps to pony up for this.

That's not even true. They will do it for wages others won't. They will do it so employers can avoid things like employment taxes, etc.

Florida has made it so the illegal can arrive and not have to worry about the authorities raiding his employer. After all, they signed off that they were here legally.
Uh, hello moron! That's a federal law, brought to you by Democrats. If an illegal gives you an SSN, that is their SSN and you cannot question it, while denying the real person with that SSN any opportunity for employment. It happened to a student of mine in Florida! She applied for a job for a fast food restaurant and they fired her after only a few days because they said her SSN was already being used in Texas.

Most libs think the state and federal government need to get involved in the payments for both prophylactics as well as abortions- which are important parts of the decision, wouldn't you say?
It's ancillary to the decision as to whether contraception or abortion are constitutional rights in the first place. Surely you understand that, right?

Uh, hello moron! That's a federal law, brought to you by Democrats. If an illegal gives you an SSN, that is their SSN and you cannot question it, while denying the real person with that SSN any opportunity for employment. It happened to a student of mine in Florida! She applied for a job for a fast food restaurant and they fired her after only a few days because they said her SSN was already being used in Texas.

If you are unable to read what I actually said and reply to what I actually said, you have no business calling others names. And it is NOT a federal law. If you can't reply without simply making things up you have no business calling others names. It is not enforced by BOTH parties and I have condemned BOTH parties for it,

Issues like that could have been addressed years ago (and can still be addressed today) had Speaker Boehner not refused to bring the bipartisan immigration reform bill to the floor of the House for a vote. The one that easily passed in the Senate with support from Repubs.

E-Verify

What is E-Verify?

E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States by comparing information from an employee’s Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records. Because the system is not currently mandatory, only around 7 percent of employers in the U.S. are currently enrolled in E-Verify.

What are the main changes to E-Verify in the bill?

Under S. 744, E-Verify will be expanded and made mandatory for all employers over a period of five years. The bill requires identity verification through the use of enhanced fraud-proof documents, such as tamper- and identity-theft resistant Social Security cards, and the use of a photo tool to allow employers to verify an individual’s identity. Employers are required to confirm identity and employment authorization within three business days after the employee accepts the offer of employment. A mandatory entry and exit system will be implemented at all air and sea ports to help ensure that foreign nationals are leaving the United States as required. The bill will take precedence over local and state laws related to the hiring of foreign nationals, creating a uniform national standard. However, the bill does not allow the creation of a national identification card.

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

60% of Americans didn't want Roe overturned.
You and your absolutists care only for what your "god" says is moral.
And, as with all of you, the rest can and should die.

Birth control was illegal in most places till the 60s.
What make you think AL, TX, OK won't make them illegal again?
Interracial marriage was illegal till the 60s.
What makes you think they won't make it illegal again?

Remember this...

You have given the government power and eliminated a woman's right to choose but
There's no difference between the government saying you can't have an abortion and the government saying you MUST have an abortion.

You just gave government that power.

And you people claim "liberals" love government.

You know, I didn't thing the US could get any more barbaric. A lesson to me...

“We should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell,” Justice Clarence Thomas said. “Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous.’”
Justice Thomas said that the court has the “duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents.” Those “precedents” which are included in Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell include the protection of contraception, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.

Forum List

Back