This Hyperventilating About Contraceptives is Overblown

Conservatives: Do You Want a Govt "Ban" on Contraceptives?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It's nuanced (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

Government needs to provide free booze to go along with the contraceptives.

What the libs want isn't just legal contraception, but "Free" contraception.

That should really push up the price of rubber, everything the government touches increases in price exponentially.

What ever happened to the day when guys who didn't have enough money to buy a prophylactic didn't have to worry about it as broads wouldn't have a fellow that broke?

What the libs want isn't just legal contraception, but "Free" contraception.

I'm pretty sure I pay my taxes but the OP was started out about people wanting to ban contraceptives.

That should really push up the price of rubber, everything the government touches increases in price exponentially.

What ever happened to the day when guys who didn't have enough money to buy a prophylactic didn't have to worry about it as broads wouldn't have a fellow that broke?

It's a lie. You can go back 50-100 years and find women by the thousands getting married 7 months before the birth of their first child.

I'm pretty sure I pay my taxes but the OP was started out about people wanting to ban contraceptives.

It's a lie. You can go back 50-100 years and find women by the thousands getting married 7 months before the birth of their first child.

A fellow's mere refusal to use a condom is a different situation than refusing because he doesn't want or isn't able to pony up a buck for one.

A fellow's mere refusal to use a condom is a different situation than refusing because he doesn't want or isn't able to pony up a buck for one.

It wasn't that long ago we arrested people for producing condoms. You know, sinful and all of that. That held on for a long time and I'm sure many an unwed woman ended up pregnant because of the reluctance to go where you had to go to purchase a condom.

Do you condemn your health care provider for including birth control coverage or do you just go to the ER and stiff them?
These things are not free. But it is expected to be. We have had enough time to see the results of the last half century. Modifications can be made. And those who abuse it, deserve to be kicked out of anything that keeps the taxpayer on the hook.

It wasn't that long ago we arrested people for producing condoms. You know, sinful and all of that. That held on for a long time and I'm sure many an unwed woman ended up pregnant because of the reluctance to go where you had to go to purchase a condom.

In the modern age, however, prophylactics are available in vending machines in any reputable bar room or Texaco station bathroom. That isn't changing, no one is proposing it. There is no reason why someone who wants to purchase one can't.

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

Oh is that what abortion is - a contraceptive.
You realize contraceptives is something you take to NOT get pregnant right?

These things are not free. But it is expected to be. We have had enough time to see the results of the last half century. Modifications can be made. And those who abuse it, deserve to be kicked out of anything that keeps the taxpayer on the hook.

No cost contraceptive bad, billions for farmers hurt by tariffs, good.

Tennessee, by law, has outlawed every diet pill. There hasn't been any diet pills in TN since I moved here over 30 years ago.

Since the truth came out about phen phen....they have been even more self righteous in their decision and laws.

I can see the same thing happening with IUDs. IUDs are actually the worst form of birth control causing permanent sterilization from scars when many women would like to have children eventually. But due to political action committee money....IUDs have remained legal and viable....
But that's what States do...they make laws concerning these things. TN restricted diet pills....no law about crossing state lines to get them and many did. Same thing is likely going to happen with IUDs here....not illegal to possess but illegal to distribute. I'm not opposed to then outlawing this one type. There will not be a ban of all contraceptives across the board.

Children in state custody is where things begin to get fuzzy. Most girls in state custody get depo shots or norplant implants. I haven't heard of them getting an IUD.

Condoms will still be available at high schools.

Liberals must hyperventilate about something. So far we have had one poster in these comments who would want govt to LEGALLY ban contraceptives (because he is Catholic). So far the polling is 1-4.

Oh is that what abortion is - a contraceptive.
You realize contraceptives is something you take to NOT get pregnant right?

What on earth are you talking about?

Yes, this is a poll on contraceptives--not abortion. Liberals are hyperventilating that "contraceptives are next". My point is that most conservatives DO NOT want a legal "ban" on contraceptives.

???

In the modern age, however, prophylactics are available in vending machines in any reputable bar room or Texaco station bathroom. That isn't changing, no one is proposing it. There is no reason why someone who wants to purchase one can't.

So we rely on the Texaco restroom to stop pregnancies.

Desantis...........I have a story to tell.

My son moved to Florida recently (Ocala). He gets his first check and doesn't have a bank yet so he is at a check cashing place. He calls me complaining about how long it's taking. I tell them that not only are they cashing their checks they are sending money back to Mexico. He laughs and says yeah, there is a sign on the wall, we transfer money to Mexico.

DeSantis pretended to pass an e-verify law in FLorida. What it consists of is the employer making the potential employee sign off that they are here legally. That's it. He is lying to you about immigration. Florida would collapse if he actually did what he is lying to you he wants to do. And they even exempted agriculture from that even.
Immigration and illegal immigration are a bit more complicated. We all know that the people coming here will do the work others won't. And do the work other will. If you have one person here doing that and five others not doing anything that costs money. We have millions and millions of illegals here using government benefits and more. Florida is trying to balance that out. California does not. New York does not. Millions and millions of people here that have enough to survive would start to be in trouble if the taxes were to shoot up for issues like immigration.

What on earth are you talking about?

Yes, this is a poll on contraceptives--not abortion. Liberals are hyperventilating that "contraceptives are next". My point is that most conservatives DO NOT want a legal "ban" on contraceptives.

???
Sorry... I jumped the gun.
I thought this was another liberal loon with another loony thread.
Obviously I wouldn't want a ban on contraceptives. That would be absurdly stupid.

iu

Immigration and illegal immigration are a bit more complicated. We all know that the people coming here will do the work others won't.

That's not even true. They will do it for wages others won't. They will do it so employers can avoid things like employment taxes, etc.

And do the work other will. If you have one person here doing that and five others not doing anything that costs money. We have millions and millions of illegals here using government benefits and more. Florida is trying to balance that out. California does not. New York does not. Millions and millions of people here that have enough to survive would start to be in trouble if the taxes were to shoot up for issues like immigration.

Florida has made it so the illegal can arrive and not have to worry about the authorities raiding his employer. After all, they signed off that they were here legally.

Sorry... I jumped the gun.
I thought this was another liberal loon with another loony thread.
Obviously I wouldn't want a ban on contraceptives. That would be absurdly stupid.

I'm sometimes loony but I hope never liberal...heh

Thanks and please vote in the poll! To prove to liberals who are also loony that we really, really do not want to legally ban contraceptives...which is crazy

Forum List

Back