This format is irritating as hell

In other words the problem is not the forum format, it's you

Ain't that the truth!

I swear, I spend more time wandering about like a chicken in a windstorm than I do posting...

Excellent metaphor. I find myself in the same position on this board. I am doing most of my posting on other boards now. Probably will delete this one altogether soon.

I see no hope for this board. If they would listen to our problems and suggestions things could be a lot better on here.

The only thing this board really has going for it is that they are not so prone to react to controversial postings. That is a big plus but it is undermined by all the glitches and user unfriendliness.

AOL years ago had the best format I have ever seen...I don't know why setting up a good format is so difficult. Must be a reason for it.

Anyhow...my final analysis this format sucks.
1590712872641.png
Awwww your endless whining is finally going to stop, thanks for the warning!

:cool:

Those long black lines....expect them anytime a thread gets very many rsponses....it seems to want you to scroll but when scroll and scroll and scroll suddenly I find myself on another thread.

I thought it was my browser so I changed my browser...same problem.

Now I think it is windows 10 ....I am stuck with windows 10 nothing i can do.

What I am doing is going to other boards for most of my posting......this board is good in that they let you say just about anything but the format screws it all up.

I simply cannot understand why they use this format...all the other boards I go to have good formats.....unbelievable how this one is so messed up.

Those long black lines....expect them anytime a thread gets very many rsponses....it seems to want you to scroll but when scroll and scroll and scroll suddenly I find myself on another thread.

What I am doing is going to other boards for most of my posting......this board is good in that they let you say just about anything but the format screws it all up.

I simply cannot understand why they use this format...all the other boards I go to have good formats.....unbelievable how this one is so messed up.

Have you tried other browsers?

I have no idea why you have so much trouble here, since I have NO problems at all, but then I am using the desktop, never anything else. You using desktop, I-Pad or a phone?

Xenforo is the software used here, with Administrators who are away for long periods of time, thus problems, if any, are left unaddressed, They had to upgrade the software since the old version was not supported anymore, which is why they did it. Apparently some folks here are unhappy with the change, the administrators have vanished after they tinkered with the changes for a short while, now they are back into the shadows.

Administrator/Owner should be around regularly to stay on top of problems, this forum doesn't seem to have their full interest, thus drifts for a while. They still haven't placed limitations on the Nesting quotes yet, which puzzled some of us, I wonder because forums that have nesting feature normally have it controlled on the admin board, here who knows since they don't say anything about it.

So far you're batting 0. It seems you're one of the extremely few people who have problems with using the format. Instead of bitching about how it doesn't work for you you should simply ask for help because you're clueless. No one's afraid to speak up it's just most have no need to, the forum works fine for them, they're smart enough to figure it out or they're able to work through it's few inadequacies.
In other words the problem is not the forum format, it's you.

He's far from the only one who doesn't like the quote issue...many forums remove multi-layered quotes automatically, this does not.

So far you're batting 0. It seems you're one of the extremely few people who have problems with using the format. Instead of bitching about how it doesn't work for you you should simply ask for help because you're clueless. No one's afraid to speak up it's just most have no need to, the forum works fine for them, they're smart enough to figure it out or they're able to work through it's few inadequacies.
In other words the problem is not the forum format, it's you.

He's far from the only one who doesn't like the quote issue...many forums remove multi-layered quotes automatically, this does not.
Welp, so far that makes two, maybe three who have issues with the feature......... :eusa_whistle:

I think too many are reluctant to complain for whatever reason....not that it makes much difference. I do not see this board being very responsive to the complaints or the suggestions.

Well....there is no money to be made running one of these boards....so who can blame them for not giving a damn.

Anyhow for some reason the board seems to be working better for me today.

I am now thinking it is windows 10 that is my biggest problerm.

I never had a problem back when I had windows 7...but I got a new computer and windows 10 was already installed....have not found a way to get rid of 10 and install 7

I think too many are reluctant to complain for whatever reason....not that it makes much difference. I do not see this board being very responsive to the complaints or the suggestions.

Well....there is no money to be made running one of these boards....so who can blame them for not giving a damn.

Anyhow for some reason the board seems to be working better for me today.

I am now thinking it is windows 10 that is my biggest problerm.

I never had a problem back when I had windows 7...but I got a new computer and windows 10 was already installed....have not found a way to get rid of 10 and install 7

Bad idea to use Windows 7, since Microsoft stopped supporting it in 2015 for mainstream use.

Check your computer protection settings instead.

Is there a recommended browser to use for the new format, on iPad? The reason I ask is on Safari, the default browser, the spell-check/predictive doesn’t work well, like on every other site.

forexample: it didn’t automatically capitalize ‘For’ when I started this new paragraph. It also didn’t automagically separate ‘for’ and ‘example’ like it would on other sites.

and I just noticed that it didn’t catch ‘automagically‘ in the last paragraph. :lol:

Try using Edge, Opera or Mozilla browser for this forum.
Thanks but keep in mind that I’m using an iPad. I’ll try those browsers, though. I’ve got them all on here it seems. I tend to assume Safari runs best on Ipad but it’s not always the case - they just have more integration with the Ipad. It’s not necessarily better.

Is there a recommended browser to use for the new format, on iPad? The reason I ask is on Safari, the default browser, the spell-check/predictive doesn’t work well, like on every other site.

forexample: it didn’t automatically capitalize ‘For’ when I started this new paragraph. It also didn’t automagically separate ‘for’ and ‘example’ like it would on other sites.

and I just noticed that it didn’t catch ‘automagically‘ in the last paragraph. :lol:

Try using Edge, Opera or Mozilla browser for this forum.
Thanks but keep in mind that I’m using an iPad. I’ll try those browsers, though. I’ve got them all on here it seems. I tend to assume Safari runs best on Ipad but it’s not always the case - they just have more integration with the Ipad. It’s not necessarily better.

Most forums are designed to work in Desktops, but I would think I-pad would work good too because you have adequate screen size to use, phones are a bad idea.

This is an issue that cropped up in the newest Xenforo update.. It MAY or may not get fixed by them.. In the meantime, I've urged all members to use the "selective quoting" options to break up these long "nested quotes".. There is a thread on this in the sticky section of this forum..

Try out these methods and be part of the solution.. Thread is here.. I'm gonna REMIND folks tonight not to just pound the reply button when quote chains get that long.. It IS annoying...

Forum List

Back