This format is irritating as hell

I don't like the all-or-nothing aspect of previous posts that are being responded to. I may want to see what the previous poster said, but I don't want to scroll through tons of other posts to do so.
/——-/You mean you don’t like scrolling through the never ending stripes?
4800E1AD-7421-44A6-BE55-2D7BB6EF3B2E.png

I don't like the all-or-nothing aspect of previous posts that are being responded to. I may want to see what the previous poster said, but I don't want to scroll through tons of other posts to do so.
/——-/You mean you don’t like scrolling through the never ending stripes?
View attachment 337772

They MUST have a setting place in the admin board that limits the number of nested postings, the mystery is why the Admins haven't done it.

In other forum software that I was Admin in, where nesting was allowed, there was a way to keep them under control in the admin board.

I still haven't figured out where to find my threads. Used to be a link at the bottom of the content (posts) list.
To find threads you started, go to your profile page where people leave you a message.
At the bottom right of your avatar there's a drop down box with "Find" in it. Your threads and content will be drop down as links.
you dont need to go that far....just click on "your content" in the upper right corner......takes you to the same place...

I still haven't figured out where to find my threads. Used to be a link at the bottom of the content (posts) list.
To find threads you started, go to your profile page where people leave you a message.
At the bottom right of your avatar there's a drop down box with "Find" in it. Your threads and content will be drop down as links.
you dont need to go that far....just click on "your content" in the upper right corner......takes you to the same place...
Yes for your replies but not for threads you've started.

oh im sorry i thought it was about general shit...how is life treating you Hoss?....you in tex or NC?....

oh im sorry i thought it was about general shit...how is life treating you Hoss?....you in tex or NC?....
I moved permanently to TX one year ago. Doing well. Hope you are too.

Is there a recommended browser to use for the new format, on iPad? The reason I ask is on Safari, the default browser, the spell-check/predictive doesn’t work well, like on every other site.

forexample: it didn’t automatically capitalize ‘For’ when I started this new paragraph. It also didn’t automagically separate ‘for’ and ‘example’ like it would on other sites.

and I just noticed that it didn’t catch ‘automagically‘ in the last paragraph. :lol:
So, no response, no help.

The only thing I don't like is that I can't seem to post gifs.

View attachment 336930

Pete7469 Left click on the gif and drag it to the message box & release.

TrumpTrainWreck.gif
My computer doesn't let you have two screens open at the same time. So how do you drag it into the message box? Several people mentioned that. It must be for Macs.
I do it on my laptop. Sometimes I put a gif or video in my mail and copy from my mail. I don't know how to do it with a phone.

My computer doesn't let you have two screens open at the same time. So how do you drag it into the message box? Several people mentioned that. It must be for Macs.
[/QUOTE]

Of course you can. Don't open new tab, open another browser then minimize one. Drag whatever you wish.

In other words the problem is not the forum format, it's you

Ain't that the truth!

I swear, I spend more time wandering about like a chicken in a windstorm than I do posting...

Excellent metaphor. I find myself in the same position on this board. I am doing most of my posting on other boards now. Probably will delete this one altogether soon.

I see no hope for this board. If they would listen to our problems and suggestions things could be a lot better on here.

The only thing this board really has going for it is that they are not so prone to react to controversial postings. That is a big plus but it is undermined by all the glitches and user unfriendliness.

AOL years ago had the best format I have ever seen...I don't know why setting up a good format is so difficult. Must be a reason for it.

Anyhow...my final analysis this format sucks.

Ain't that the truth!

I swear, I spend more time wandering about like a chicken in a windstorm than I do posting...

Excellent metaphor. I find myself in the same position on this board. I am doing most of my posting on other boards now. Probably will delete this one altogether soon.

I see no hope for this board. If they would listen to our problems and suggestions things could be a lot better on here.

The only thing this board really has going for it is that they are not so prone to react to controversial postings. That is a big plus but it is undermined by all the glitches and user unfriendliness.

AOL years ago had the best format I have ever seen...I don't know why setting up a good format is so difficult. Must be a reason for it.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :thup:

Ain't that the truth!

Awwww your endless whining is finally going to stop, thanks for the warning!

:cool:

Ain't that the truth!

It is bootlickers like you that promotes the arrogance of those who could improve this situation.

How many points do you get for sucking up?

Geez I hate faggots.

Ain't that the truth!

It is bootlickers like you that promotes the arrogance of those who could improve this situation.

Geez I hate faggots.
:rofl:

Is there a recommended browser to use for the new format, on iPad? The reason I ask is on Safari, the default browser, the spell-check/predictive doesn’t work well, like on every other site.

forexample: it didn’t automatically capitalize ‘For’ when I started this new paragraph. It also didn’t automagically separate ‘for’ and ‘example’ like it would on other sites.

and I just noticed that it didn’t catch ‘automagically‘ in the last paragraph. :lol:

Try using Edge, Opera or Mozilla browser for this forum.

Ain't that the truth!

Geez I hate faggots.

Awww your endless nasty attacks is finally going to stop, thanks for the warning!

Ain't that the truth!

Tell you the truth, if you follow the trail back to the beginning of any problems I have here, I'll be waiting at the end. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to stereos, computers, watches, you name the tech and I suck at it all.

But I can work on my own truck... :) If I have an orange crate so I can reach the engine.

I had a message board at one time and it was a glorious mess to be in. No banning. No censorship. Not one rule. There were a couple hairy spots, but we managed to live through it all without a scratch.

I gotta say though... the no rules dealio didn't stop the whiners, gripers, complainers, the control freaks or the Kevin and Karens of the place. Some folks just didn't grasp the concept and it would have been a full time job if I'd tried to please everyone that shot me a message to have someone killed or something.

It was what it was and I loved it.

I've been on a million boards. This is the best one I've run across so far.

'Cept for the a-hole button selection...

Forum List

Back