Third Party as opposition to failed Dems and Republicans.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
I dedicate this thread to a USMB member who keeps trying to bring it up in other threads.

Honestly, I have very little use for any discussion on the merits of 3P. But lil’ Golf Gator apparently doesn’t know how to commence a thread on a topic which he seems to want to talk about.

So: this is his playground.

I can see it happening but it must start with elected and party regulars of both parties before the regular citizen will support it in large numbers.

Democrats who hate the Democrat party are the Marxists who are also known as progressives. Republicans who hate the Republican party are neocons. I wouldn't mind seeing those assholes team up and form a third party. But it would never work because there are way too many demographics that believe both of those groups are totally evil.

The great boomer die off must take place first...unfortunately by the time the last of the boomers kick the demographics will have shifted so severely that much of the most populated areas will look like Soweto...or Mexico City...you pick

There is only one (1) party that wants to change the system under which these thugs in DC operate.

If we don't change the system, the individual issues don't matter. We're just bending over for the same ol' crap.

There is only one (1) party that wants to change the system under which these thugs in DC operate.

If we don't change the system, the individual issues don't matter. We're just bending over for the same ol' crap.

Thats a start :thup: Worth discussing and considering.

I can see it happening but it must start with elected and party regulars of both parties before the regular citizen will support it in large numbers.
I don’t want to step on golfie’s toes, but I will contribute here a little too. On topic (unlike his preferred style).

I think any 3P absolutely needs to start locally, then expand to statewide offices and kick ass there to generate enough positive reaction to justify the more federal level offices (like Congress).

Until that happens, for the time being, we are stuck with the two major Parties (being the only ones with any realistic chance of winning in the interim).

As authoritarian as the duopoly is, decent minded Americans might be more in tune with the libertarian party if they didnt run stupid or fake people.
I know i would be.

I laugh every time you mention a third party because you continuously vote for the duopoly.
Its fucking hilarious.

Milquetoast turd polish, not even worthy of pikers like Perot and Jesse Ventura.....And not even they would be so dopey as to support a Stalinist measure like automatic income taxation.

Milquetoast turd polish, not even worthy of pikers like Perot and Jesse Ventura.....And not even they would be so dopey as to support a Stalinist measure like automatic income taxation.
I like some of their platform but the rest of it? Like you mentioned? The mail in voting bullshit? Paying politicians MORE? :lol:

I dedicate this thread to a USMB member who keeps trying to bring it up in other threads.

Honestly, I have very little use for any discussion on the merits of 3P. But lil’ Golf Gator apparently doesn’t know how to commence a thread on a topic which he seems to want to talk about.

So: this is his playground.

3rd party won't work for the forseeable future. If anyone wants to work that hard because they believe in it, better to wrest control of one of the current party's from their leaders. Just look at what Far Leftists have done to gain control of much of the Democratic party. Some would say, same thing happened in the GOP.

The very wisest thing to do is...............go to the current party that most reflects your beliefs, and start working! The theory is------>they have the funds, and if you become even a small minority in that party, to create a coalition for your vote, they will have to make concessions to your point of view. If your point of of view shows as workable, you gain more power.

I like some of their platform but the rest of it? Like you mentioned? The mail in voting bullshit? Paying politicians MORE? :lol:
The entire deliberately vague and linguistically vapid platform is a blueprint for growing the State beyond its already preposterously immense proportions.....It's little wonder that a state worshiping sap like Mac is all for it.

The entire deliberately vapid and vague platform is a blueprint for growing the State beyond its already preposterously immense proportions.....It's little wonder that a state worshiping sap like Mac is all for it.
I wish we had ranked voting. And term limits.
I used to be against term limits because what if someone good actually gets elected? Then i realized America is too fucking stupid for that.

3rd party won't work for the forseeable future. If anyone wants to work that hard because they believe in it, better to wrest control of one of the current party's from their leaders. Just look at what Far Leftists have done to gain control of much of the Democratic party. Some would say, same thing happened in the GOP.

The very wisest thing to do is...............go to the current party that most reflects your beliefs, and start working! The theory is------>they have the funds, and if you become even a small minority in that party, to create a coalition for your vote, they will have to make concessions to your point of view. If your point of of view shows as workable, you gain more power.
Thanks for posting this. It is what I and a few others did when I was precinct captain and we did make some in roads. Once my health gets back to 100% I may just get involved again. I hope others here at USMB may do the same.

I wish we had ranked voting. And term limits.
I used to be against term limits because what if someone good actually gets elected? Then i realized America is too fucking stupid for that.
Term limits require a constitutional amendment, which will never happen....Pissing in the wind.

Though ranked choice voting sounds like a workable theory, in practice it has functioned to get even more lunatic leftists elected to office.

Forum List

Back