Thin porkchops

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
What do I do with them? Any ideas?

They were on sale but they are super thin and bone in. I am not super excited with breading and frying. I also do not want to do anything involving a can of any kind of soup.

pressure cooker

at least it will help stop them from drying out

Or grind them with some other fatty meat and spices to make a sausage mix

They were on sale but they are super thin and bone in. I am not super excited with breading and frying. I also do not want to do anything involving a can of any kind of soup.
Fry em up brown and almost crispy and serve 'em with a good pile of homemade applesauce to dip 'em in.

And DEFINITELY pick them up and eat them with your fingers.

Season em up and do a quick sear with a hot skillet or grill and eat em with a bowl of applesauce.

Brown them and put them in a slow cooker, I hate the dry thick porkchops. I would rather thin any day and preferably with bones in them, like pork steak, just cut away the fat.

Season em up and do a quick sear with a hot skillet or grill and eat em with a bowl of applesauce.
Skillet's better--you get some renderings coating them that way.

Skillet's better--you get some renderings coating them that way.

I can go either way.
Sometimes I like the taste you get from a charcoal fire and it gets much hotter than a skillet for a faster sear.

Stuff Them

6d1ab1fd-7ff8-4b41-9bce-e23f1825988c.jpg

Marinade for 24 hours then throw on the grill.

Put em in a crock pot with barbeque sauce. Then stir it with a fork to shred it all up after it's nice and done. Then put it on a roll. Use good sauce, though.

That's what I would do if I were cooking him up. Poor feller.

Marinade for 24 hours then throw on the grill.
Marinade in what?

Gochujang, sake, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, ponzu, dark soy sauce, salt & pepper, garlic powder.

You are the first person to ever give me mocking funnies in the Food and Wine forum.

That's because I wasn't actually mocking you, I was picking at you. Truth be told, I don't often make gravy, but because it is unwanted calories. If I have to choose between calories in gravy on my stuffed pork chops, and calories in a reduced port sauce over my cheesecake, it's going to be the reduced port every time.

You are the first person to ever give me mocking funnies in the Food and Wine forum.

That's because I wasn't actually mocking you, I was picking at you. Truth be told, I don't often make gravy, but because it is unwanted calories. If I have to choose between calories in gravy and calories in a reduced port sauce over my cheesecake, it's going to be the reduced port every time.
It's just a little lubrication for dry meat, or extra flavor for a hill of mashed potatoes. I love a great deep deep brown sauce on a great filet mignon but hey, we're talking about on sale thin cut pork chops here.

It's just a little lubrication for dry meat, or extra flavor for a hill of mashed potatoes. I love a great deep deep brown sauce on a great filet mignon but hey, we're talking about on sale thin cut pork chops here.

I understand, but I also didn't recommend what to stuff them with. New potatoes, cut small, in a garlic, green onion, virgin olive oil sear with rosemary (other seasonings salt pepper or whatever like mix you normally use). Stuff between two seared pork chops with a slice of provolone cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes. The moisture in the stuffing and the sear on the outside, will keep them from getting dry.

Forum List

Back