They think I lived a life of unbelievable hardship

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
1619529184049.png

I'll be the devil's advocate here: Before Ebay, I would have to scour the gun shops for for gun parts. Now I can just order them online.

It's hard to believe people use to buy things like lawn mowers... and when something went wrong... they took it down the road to get it fixed rather than just buy a new one.

This very thing actually happened to me yesterday, 5 years ago I bought a Kobalt cordless weed trimmer. (love it)... yesterday the bottom piece the holds the spool in place shattered. Apparently they changed the design not long after I bought it... I could not find the parts anywhere.
So I bought another one.
Geez

I'll be the devil's advocate here: Before Ebay, I would have to scour the gun shops for for gun parts. Now I can just order them online.
For me it was knowing the inventory of every auto junk yard in OKC. I also ordered from the J.C. Whitney catalogue..

I remember back when there were TV repair shops.
If your TV quit working, just take it to the shop and they'd fix it.
But today there aren't any TV repair shops.
Because TV's are soo cheap, if it breaks, just throw it away and buy a new one. ... :cool:

I remember back when there were TV repair shops.
If your TV quit working, just take it to the shop and they'd fix it.
But today there aren't any TV repair shops.
Because TV's are soo cheap, if it breaks, just throw it away and buy a new one. ... :cool:
The thing that killed the shops is the parts cost more than the set to replace, same with my motor starter for the well pump and yer DVD player, yeah, they got us by the balls now and they know it.

My father would give me a dollar to run up to the gas station to fill the lawn mower gas can (it was an actual metal can) He would give me one dollar.
I would fill the tank, buy a can of pop and either a bag of chips or a candy bar. And still had a little left over.

Having to get up and manually change the channel...running though the 4 VHF and 3 UHF channels trying to find something to watch other than the president's state of the union address.

I guess I'm a little older than you.
Empty soda bottles were 2¢ and the wooden cases were 2¢
So my brother and I would scrounge around our neighborhood for a wood case, and then collect empties The case held 24 bottles
So the grocery store would buy our 24 bottles in a case for 50¢
We'd wait until we had 2 or 3 cases and put them our little red wagon and pull it to the store and sell them.
Yea, we were now rich beyond belief. ... :thup: .. :lol:

I guess I'm a little older than you.
Empty soda bottles were 2¢ and the wooden cases were 2¢
So my brother and I would scrounge around our neighborhood for a wood case, and then collect empties The case held 24 bottles
So the grocery store would buy our 24 bottles in a case for 50¢
We'd wait until we had 2 or 3 cases and put them our little red wagon and pull it to the store and sell them.
Yea, we were now rich beyond belief. ... :thup: .. :lol:
ha!.... exactly the same thing we would do (without the wood crates)
We had a red wagon we would pull them around in.
This would have been early 1970s

My father would give me a dollar to run up to the gas station to fill the lawn mower gas can (it was an actual metal can) He would give me one dollar.
I would fill the tank, buy a can of pop and either a bag of chips or a candy bar. And still had a little left over.
Was the pop diet, sugar free,organic, no gluten, rasberry, organic blueberry or vegan ?

Forum List

Back