There’s No Such Thing As A Principled Pro Lifer

I’ve argued with many a conservative over the years. No matter what the argument, be it violence against women, kids in cages, killing old people to save the economy, etc., the right-wing extremists will always try to bring up abortion. They do this for two reasons: they can’t possibly justify their base’s cruelty, and they falsely believe they have the moral high ground on the abortion issue. They don’t. I don’t tolerate it when they try to pull this after they lose an argument, and no liberal should either.

Five-hundred-and-forty-five children. That’s the number of kids who have now been permanently lost by this administration. Migrant families who fled civil war and violence in Central America, in part because of policies our government enacted, had their children taken away for the "crime" of seeking asylum in the United States. Jeff Sessions openly stated that he was deliberately targeting the children. “No matter how young,” added Rod Rosenstein. Toddlers were intentionally traumatized after this administration separated them from their parents and crammed them in filthy concentration camps without a system in place to reunite them. This acted as a "deterrent," according to Donald Trump's own words. And now, eight school buses full of children can never be reunited with their parents. Let's call this what it is: evil.

Yet the evil man the so-called “pro-life” crowd calls their savior is handed a pass on this. They’ve already excused his sexual assaults, his abuse of power, his administration’s trafficking in racism and incitement of violence, his submission to Vladimir Putin, and the list goes on. Well, I’ve had enough. If you’ve had enough of these arguments as well, follow me.

Pro-lifers are many things, but principled they are not.

The commie "dailykos"???????????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody wants children separated from their parents but isn't this something that happens all over the world when a parent commits a crime and gets sent to prison? There are consequences when you break the law in the real world.
I know consequences are a very bad thing to the wokesters with "social justice" propaganda twisting their minds but they are a part of life.
If you all are so torn up, why not check into adoption?
Or is that not virtue signaly enough for ya'll?

Actually yes. People do. The reason given for these forced seperation was to act as a deterrent. They wanted to. And they didn’t care what effect it had on the children.
A reason given by whom?

As for the OP, c'mon man. You are literally trying to make a two wrongs makes a right argument for no other reason than you know abortion is wrong. For Christ sake, even Margaret Sanger knew abortion was wrong. That's why she wouldn't allow it in her clinics. But if making a conservatives are hypocrite argument let's you sleep at night because you support an abomination... sweet dreams, honey.

The so-called "pro-lifers" have been the greatest hypocrites from the beginning.
Isn't it shocking that some happen to value life above sex and are cognizant that there is at least twelve methods of birth control.

I mentioned the necessity of access to comprehensive birth control and to these methods of birth control. This valuing-life thing is greeting-card bullshit. Not everyone believes in this "personhood" stuff. If you believe in it, make arrangements to collect all the fertilized eggs and grow them in a petri dish, since you are even against preventing a fertilized egg from attaching itself to the uterine wall.

Your reply to me is unresponsive. I take it that you have no response. Nobody should be forced into living out your fantasy. What are you "pro-lifers" plans, anyway?
Do you believe science?

Your reply to me is unresponsive.
It was responsive. You didn't like it because you know its true. Today, if you do not want a child, then don't conceive a child. There are about twelve methods for preventing this from occurring. Either all life has value or no life has value.

Your reply to me is unresponsive.
It was responsive. You didn't like it because you know its true. Today, if you do not want a child, then don't conceive a child. There are about twelve methods for preventing this from occurring. Either all life has value or no life has value.

In fact, I don't know that what you say is true at all. It's your bullshit and your fantasy, not mine. I don't believe at all that you actually believe that all life has value, anyway.

What are your plans for these unwanted babies to come if you get your wish? How are you going to care for them all? Large orphanages?

President Trump has made it a priority to rescue these children. Do a little search and see how many have been saved so far.
Did the research. Approximately 800,000 US children go missing each year, and 99% are recovered, leaving 8,000 still missing. The difference between these 8,000 and the 545 is that I am not using them as a club over President Trump.
The 545 were sold to buyers who might still be waiting for them. If the parents take those kids back those buyers would want a refund.

In fact, I don't know that what you say is true at all. It's your bullshit and your fantasy, not mine. I don't believe at all that you actually believe that all life has value, anyway.
In fact, I know exactly what I am speaking of. Look at methods of birth control. Second, being an "unwanted" child myself (as were half my brothers and sisters), it did not take long after birth to become "wanted". Turns out the family and extended family wouldn't have wanted to miss a single one of us. Look around your own family and extended family. Which one of them would you now want to do without?

Many are looking to adopt children. Ever hear anyone say if thy gave birth, they couldn't picture giving the baby away? I have.

As I said before, if a child is not wanted, don't conceive. Think about it. You are arguing that the best option for unwanted children is to kill them. Surely we can do better than that.

In fact, I know exactly what I am speaking of. Look at methods of birth control. Second, being an "unwanted" child myself (as were half my brothers and sisters), it did not take long after birth to become "wanted". Turns out the family and extended family wouldn't have wanted to miss a single one of us. Look around your own family and extended family. Which one of them would you now want to do without?

Many are looking to adopt children. Ever hear anyone say if thy gave birth, they couldn't picture giving the baby away? I have.

As I said before, if a child is not wanted, don't conceive. Think about it. You are arguing that the best option for unwanted children is to kill them. Surely we can do better than that.

This is not what I am arguing at all. If the woman has had a comprehensive fact-based sex education, she has had open and affordable access to birth control, she and her partner have used it, and something goes wrong, the only remaining options are abortion or carrying the pregnancy to term, which should be her decision rather than the government's.

It would help greatly if the right-wingers would cease their opposition to sex education and insisting on feeding the kids religious pie-in-the-sky stories instead, and would assist organizations that try to educate clients and provide inexpensive access to birth control, like Planned Parenthood, instead of trying to destroy them, many or most abortions would be avoided.

My own mother actually started her very limited sex talk with me by referring to the Virgin Mary, and told me nothing of any practical value. She was too wrapped up in her religious indoctrination to carry out her parental duties. Fortunately, her sister and my godmother, was a military nurse, and she stepped in and made sure that I knew how things actually worked, what birth control was, and impressed upon the necessity of taking appropriate precautions when the time came, since nobody wanted to see me have an unwanted pregnancy. I went to a Catholic college, and we girls in the dorm, after determining that none of us had received any signals from above that any of us was supposed to give birth to the next Messiah, all trooped downtown to the PP clinic. The result was that there were no pregnancies, and all of us graduated and went on with our futures.

I have outlined the practical steps that I think should be taken to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. This practical approach is far superior to the right-wing approach of trying to keep female people ignorant and exposed to problems that are preventable, just so they can be turned into some sort of holy icons. Girls and women are people, just like men are, subject to the same needs and desires, not inanimate holy objects.

should be her decision rather than the government's.
No government should advocate killing the innocent. If a mother wants to do it, that's a different story. All the government has to do is opt out of prosecuting a pregnant woman while standing for the value of human life.

If you wish to put yourself int the position of killing the innocent, go for it. But keep it to yourself. It is nothing of which to be proud.

I’ve argued with many a conservative over the years. No matter what the argument, be it violence against women, kids in cages, killing old people to save the economy, etc., the right-wing extremists will always try to bring up abortion. They do this for two reasons: they can’t possibly justify their base’s cruelty, and they falsely believe they have the moral high ground on the abortion issue. They don’t. I don’t tolerate it when they try to pull this after they lose an argument, and no liberal should either.

Five-hundred-and-forty-five children. That’s the number of kids who have now been permanently lost by this administration. Migrant families who fled civil war and violence in Central America, in part because of policies our government enacted, had their children taken away for the "crime" of seeking asylum in the United States. Jeff Sessions openly stated that he was deliberately targeting the children. “No matter how young,” added Rod Rosenstein. Toddlers were intentionally traumatized after this administration separated them from their parents and crammed them in filthy concentration camps without a system in place to reunite them. This acted as a "deterrent," according to Donald Trump's own words. And now, eight school buses full of children can never be reunited with their parents. Let's call this what it is: evil.

Yet the evil man the so-called “pro-life” crowd calls their savior is handed a pass on this. They’ve already excused his sexual assaults, his abuse of power, his administration’s trafficking in racism and incitement of violence, his submission to Vladimir Putin, and the list goes on. Well, I’ve had enough. If you’ve had enough of these arguments as well, follow me.

Who built the cages Joe?

Securing the border is a separate issue from who gets in and how they are treated. So long as there is no secure border US policy and laws on who can and cannot come into the US is irrelevant because politicians and voters have no power to stop it.

Who built the assault weapons used to kill children in their schools?

Cars and knives kill far more kids but why not focus on them as well?

But I reckon you want to vote for shotgun Joe

Please vote for Donald Trump and buy an AR-15 to protect yourself, your family, your possessions, and to have some fun.

Who built the cages Joe?

Securing the border is a separate issue from who gets in and how they are treated. So long as there is no secure border US policy and laws on who can and cannot come into the US is irrelevant because politicians and voters have no power to stop it.

Who built the assault weapons used to kill children in their schools?

Cars and knives kill far more kids but why not focus on them as well?

But I reckon you want to vote for shotgun Joe

Please vote for Donald Trump and buy an AR-15 to protect yourself, your family, your possessions, and to have some fun.

James Bond? Is that you? They said you were dead.

I saw it on CNN.

Woops, that explains it.

Never mind.

You murder children.

It is well known they are so called 'pro-life' up until the child is born then they could care less what happens to it. Notice their derogatory remarks about 'welfare babies'?

Five-hundred-and-forty-five children. That’s the number of kids who have now been permanently lost by this administration. Migrant families who fled civil war and violence in Central America
You can't promote or compel abortion and then work up so much sympathy the children who are allowed to live by virtue of the issuance of their birth certificates.

Those parents are known to cripple their children and send them to beg in the streets. The awful vice of it has to stop even if there is collateral damage.

It's like those Chinese madams who bind their daughters' feet and fry their baby sons' legs in a wok.

Forum List

Back