There Is Evidence For God

The shitty behavior of religious people is the single biggest factor in the decline of religiosity of Americans.

Re-post without the vulgarity and I'll provide the response you deserve.

Meanwhile......digest this: Father Jame Altman putting Democrats/Liberals in their place.
….that the Democrats are promising. Riots, murder, food deserts because the groceries have been burned and looted. Real Americans are shocked and disheartened by the encouragement and outright support looters, arsonists, and thugs have received from the major party of the United States.

But it was quite a surprise to see that shock and anger from a precinct that I’ve come to expect to be either silent or actually supportive of the ‘activists’ who are out to destroy our history, tradition, morality and values…….
Yup…..a valiant priest spoke up blistering the thugs, the Democrats, and even his superiors in the Church.

Hate filled defenders of the faith like you are the single biggest reason people walk away from your Jesus fan clubs and never look back. How's that you flaming hypocrite?

Much better.

Here's your response, Democrats/Liberals/Militant Secularists/atheists.

View attachment 359552View attachment 359554View attachment 359555

“…will America be made better by curbing religion in the name of secularism, or vice versa?”
Ben Shapiro

Christianity is just organized hate when the words of Jesus carry no weight in your attitudes and actions. Where is your love for your neighbor? Where is your charity? What is the example you show to the irreligious that Christians are good people? Jesus told us to look at ourselves before we criticize others. I took a close look at my faith years ago and found that American Christianity was nailing Christ back up on the cross every Sunday to shut him up all over again.

"Where is your love for your neighbor? Where is your charity? "

I'm glad you asked.....now watch me put you in your place.

The folks on my side are far more charitable than Liberals/Democrats/Progressives.

1."'Tis the season for giving—and it turns out that conservatives and like-minded welfare skeptics more than hold their own when it comes to charity. So says Arthur C. Brooks in his new book Who Really Cares?: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism.

2. Arthur Brooks, a public policy professor at Syracuse University, sums up his own results thusly: Giving is dictated by "strong families, church attendance, earned income (as opposed to state-subsidized income), and the belief that individuals, not government, offer the best solution to social ills--all of these factors determine how likely one is to give."

3. ...those who say they strongly oppose redistribution by government to remedy income inequality give over 10 times more to charity than those who strongly support government intervention, with a difference of $1,627 annually versus $140 to all causes.

4. Brooks finds that households with a conservative at the helm gave an average of 30 percent more money to charity in 2000 than liberal households (a difference of $1,600 to $1,227). The difference isn't explained by income differential—in fact, liberal households make about 6 percent more per year.

5. Poor, rich, and middle class conservatives all gave more than their liberal counterparts. ... "People who do not value freedom and opportunity simply don't value individual solutions to social problems very much. It creates a culture of not giving."

6. In 2004, self-described liberals younger than thirty belonged to one-third fewer organizations in their communities than young conservatives. In 2002, they were 12 percent less likely to give money to charities, and one-third less likely to give blood." Liberals, he says, give less than conservatives because of religion, attitudes about government, structure of families, and earned income.

7. ...young liberals are less likely do nice things for their nearest and dearest, too. Compared with young conservatives, "a lower percentage said they would prefer to suffer than let a loved one suffer, that they are not happy unless the loved one is happy, or that they would sacrifice their own wishes for those they love."

8. "Tangible evidence suggests that charitable giving makes people prosperous, healthy, and happy. And that on its own is a huge argument to protect institutions of giving in this country, as individuals, in communities, and as a nation. We simply do best, as a nation, when people are free and they freely give."

"There's something incredibly satisfying, inherently, about voluntary giving,"...
The Giving Gap

Another custard pie in your ugly kisser, huh?

Here's yet another book you'll never read:

View attachment 359577

I hear no love and charity for anyone in your words and never have. Your politics are nothing except a twisted rationalization for passing by on the other side without guilt.

I proved my point, documented same with Brooks' book.....

...and the best the government school grad can do is ignore it.

There are certainty some very charitable Christians out there but you are not one of them. If you care about anyone but yourself you have never shown it, not even once.

Liberal playbook, page one: when you are defeated by the content, attack the messenger.

NEXT!

Remember in the bible when Jesus was confronting some pious asshole and ended up calling them a hypocrite? You are lost in the woods of religious orthodoxy and have forgotten the core of the faith you claim to have.

I understand your anger, your rage, at seeing your worldview destroyed.....but attempt to post like an adult, not a third grader.

Clean up the language.

All you are doing is showing me that I am correct that your twisted faith is a gigantic lie you tell yourself. Use the bible for something other than a blunt object to hit people with.

Wow!
Look at the anger, hostility, dishonesty from the secularists who hate the religious attitudes that attended the creation of this nation!

Judging by their posts, they'd burn religious folks at the stake if they could.

Where's this come from????

7. During what is known as ‘the Enlightenment,’ it became imperative that science cast religion as an enemy, else mankind could not pronounce himself ‘god.’

'The Enlightenment' has been given many differing definitions but it was, at its broadest, a philosophical movement of the eighteenth century which stressed human reasoning over blind faith or obedience and was thus in contrast with much of the religious and political order of the day, while also encouraging 'scientific' thinking. It was the belief that that reason can exist separate from civilization, and that ‘enlightened’ necessitates a repudiation of religion.
Philips, "The World Turned Upside Down"

8. But Militant Secularism, also known as Darwinism, became its very own religion, based on as much faith as on proof.

Consider the views of research biochemists: “…many difficulties arise in the claim of chemical autosynthetic events, that must be imagined to have led to functional biopolymers. These problems have been succinctly analyzed by Joyce and Orgel (1999) who concluded that the "de novo appearance of oligonucleotides on the primitive Earth would have been a near- miracle."
http://www.arrhenius.ucsd.edu/pub/lifeofchao.html

See….they believe in miracles, too!

do not cave in to the idiots, continue posting the truth.

PC hasn't been struck down by lightning from heaven.

That's proof of the non-existence of at least any benevolent god.

As usual, you've missed the point.

Obama 'look-alike' cast as Satan causes stir

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

I'm not seeing any similarities between them except that they both have a head.

Do you? If so, feel free to point them out to the USMB forum.

Actually, they look very dissimilar.

Wow!
Look at the anger, hostility, dishonesty from the secularists who hate the religious attitudes that attended the creation of this nation!

Judging by their posts, they'd burn religious folks at the stake if they could.
You're as befuddled as always. The founders of this nation knew the dangers of xtian zealots in positions of political power. That's why they formed a secular constitution.

Odd that a fundie would reference the history of xtianity and burning people at the stake.

“there is MORE evidence that evolution is TRUE than that the bible is true.
This is a very common logical fallacy known as a false dilemma. A bifurcation fallacy.

Speaking as a lifelong athiest who is very tolerant of religious folks, I think it is a mistake to frame it as an either/or proposition in the first place.

The 'evolution vs. bible' bullshit posits that either the bible must be true, or the theory of evolution must be true, when actually both could be true. And both could be false.

AFAIK, there is nothing in the bible that inherently contradicts evolution or vice-versa.
The timelines do conflict.
Howso? Can you provide the USMB forum with one or more specific examples?

I don't know of any religious folks who don't accept that the earth is some three billion years old.
I know at least one. But he's kind of a nutjob. We used to be best friends. Then he claimed that I think I'm the antichrist and attacked me. He attempted to stab me with some strange wavy bladed ceremonial dagger that he got from Indonesia that he thought had some special powers.

Here is an actual scientists documenting how a 3 millenia old text provides the same view as modern science.

My belief in God has everything to do with faith and not scientific evidence. I would compare it to what Jesus told the doubtful Thomas:
Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe." (John 20:29)​

The shitty behavior of religious people is the single biggest factor in the decline of religiosity of Americans.

Meanwhile......digest this: Father Jame Altman putting Democrats/Liberals in their place.
….that the Democrats are promising. Riots, murder, food deserts because the groceries have been burned and looted. Real Americans are shocked and disheartened by the encouragement and outright support looters, arsonists, and thugs have received from the major party of the United States.

But it was quite a surprise to see that shock and anger from a precinct that I’ve come to expect to be either silent or actually supportive of the ‘activists’ who are out to destroy our history, tradition, morality and values…….
Yup…..a valiant priest spoke up blistering the thugs, the Democrats, and even his superiors in the Church.

Hate filled defenders of the faith like you are the single biggest reason people walk away from your Jesus fan clubs and never look back. How's that you flaming hypocrite?

Much better.

“…will America be made better by curbing religion in the name of secularism, or vice versa?”
Ben Shapiro

Christianity is just organized hate when the words of Jesus carry no weight in your attitudes and actions. Where is your love for your neighbor? Where is your charity? What is the example you show to the irreligious that Christians are good people? Jesus told us to look at ourselves before we criticize others. I took a close look at my faith years ago and found that American Christianity was nailing Christ back up on the cross every Sunday to shut him up all over again.

The folks on my side are far more charitable than Liberals/Democrats/Progressives.

1."'Tis the season for giving—and it turns out that conservatives and like-minded welfare skeptics more than hold their own when it comes to charity. So says Arthur C. Brooks in his new book Who Really Cares?: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism.

2. Arthur Brooks, a public policy professor at Syracuse University, sums up his own results thusly: Giving is dictated by "strong families, church attendance, earned income (as opposed to state-subsidized income), and the belief that individuals, not government, offer the best solution to social ills--all of these factors determine how likely one is to give."

3. ...those who say they strongly oppose redistribution by government to remedy income inequality give over 10 times more to charity than those who strongly support government intervention, with a difference of $1,627 annually versus $140 to all causes.

4. Brooks finds that households with a conservative at the helm gave an average of 30 percent more money to charity in 2000 than liberal households (a difference of $1,600 to $1,227). The difference isn't explained by income differential—in fact, liberal households make about 6 percent more per year.

5. Poor, rich, and middle class conservatives all gave more than their liberal counterparts. ... "People who do not value freedom and opportunity simply don't value individual solutions to social problems very much. It creates a culture of not giving."

6. In 2004, self-described liberals younger than thirty belonged to one-third fewer organizations in their communities than young conservatives. In 2002, they were 12 percent less likely to give money to charities, and one-third less likely to give blood." Liberals, he says, give less than conservatives because of religion, attitudes about government, structure of families, and earned income.

7. ...young liberals are less likely do nice things for their nearest and dearest, too. Compared with young conservatives, "a lower percentage said they would prefer to suffer than let a loved one suffer, that they are not happy unless the loved one is happy, or that they would sacrifice their own wishes for those they love."

8. "Tangible evidence suggests that charitable giving makes people prosperous, healthy, and happy. And that on its own is a huge argument to protect institutions of giving in this country, as individuals, in communities, and as a nation. We simply do best, as a nation, when people are free and they freely give."

"There's something incredibly satisfying, inherently, about voluntary giving,"...
The Giving Gap

View attachment 359577

I hear no love and charity for anyone in your words and never have. Your politics are nothing except a twisted rationalization for passing by on the other side without guilt.

There are certainty some very charitable Christians out there but you are not one of them. If you care about anyone but yourself you have never shown it, not even once.

Liberal playbook, page one: when you are defeated by the content, attack the messenger.

NEXT!

Remember in the bible when Jesus was confronting some pious asshole and ended up calling them a hypocrite? You are lost in the woods of religious orthodoxy and have forgotten the core of the faith you claim to have.

I understand your anger, your rage, at seeing your worldview destroyed.....but attempt to post like an adult, not a third grader.

Clean up the language.

All you are doing is showing me that I am correct that your twisted faith is a gigantic lie you tell yourself. Use the bible for something other than a blunt object to hit people with.

Not at all.

I'm simply using you to prove that your sort are ignorant liars who fear to confront your masters.

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

Clean off your specs.

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

Clean off your specs.
Can you point out any specific similarities for the USMB forum? Or not?

Put up or shut up!

Here is an actual scientists documenting how a 3 millenia old text provides the same view as modern science.

My belief in God has everything to do with faith and not scientific evidence. I would compare it to what Jesus told the doubtful Thomas:
Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe." (John 20:29)​

That may be significant, but not to this thread.

No one of the angry atheists has claimed that the order in event in Genesis is not the same that modern science posits.

And that is the aim of my thesis.

More to come.

Much better.

Ben Shapiro

The Giving Gap

View attachment 359577

NEXT!

Clean up the language.

Not at all.

I'm simply using you to prove that your sort are ignorant liars who fear to confront your masters.

LOL I do not think you have ever even read the bible. You talk like some kind of Moony cultist.

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

Clean off your specs.

Put up or shut up!

Why do you suppose so many of the cult that proclaimed Obama is god, Jesus, the messiah were so upset at the similarity?

"Satan cut from ‘Son of God’ after Obama look-alike controversy
To avoid another controversy about the character of Satan bearing a physical resemblance to President Obama in the upcoming religious film, the filmmakers have gone out of their way to edit the devil’s scenes out of “Son of God,” which is based on the TV miniseries “The Bible.”

"History Channel Casts President Obama Look-Alike as Satan"

Mehdi Ouazzani: What actor who played Obama look-a-like ...
www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-2295574 › Mehd...

Mar 18, 2013 - Many viewers of hit TV series The Bible noticed a striking resemblance between Satan and President Obama. But actor Mehdi Ouazzani, who ...

I believe I won the point.

Notice, I didn't tell you to 'shut up' when I put you in your place.

Much better.

Ben Shapiro

The Giving Gap

View attachment 359577

NEXT!

Clean up the language.

Not at all.

LOL I do not think you have ever even read the bible. You talk like some kind of Moony cultist.

Actually, I 'talk' like someone who can prove what they say.

Don't you wish you could do the same?

I bet you do.

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

Clean off your specs.

Put up or shut up!

Why do you suppose so many of the cult that proclaimed Obama is god, Jesus, the messiah were so upset at the similarity?

To avoid another controversy about the character of Satan bearing a physical resemblance to President Obama in the upcoming religious film, the filmmakers have gone out of their way to edit the devil’s scenes out of “Son of God,” which is based on the TV miniseries “The Bible.”

Mar 18, 2013 - Many viewers of hit TV series The Bible noticed a striking resemblance between Satan and President Obama. But actor Mehdi Ouazzani, who ...

^ :icon_rolleyes:
:auiqs.jpg:
Fake news.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Much better.

Ben Shapiro

The Giving Gap

View attachment 359577

NEXT!

Clean up the language.

Not at all.

Actually, I 'talk' like someone who can prove what they say.

Don't you wish you could do the same?

I bet you do.

What are you trying to prove? That you can get into heaven on hate? My bible says otherwise.

View attachment 359607
"look alike"?? WTF?

Clean off your specs.

Put up or shut up!

^ :icon_rolleyes:
:auiqs.jpg:
Fake news.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Pretty vapid response, when an honest one would simply be your admission that you were wrong.

Unbeknownst to themselves, dummies decry traditional religion while bowing their head to their own religion, Militant Secularism. One denomination of MS religion is the cult of Darwinism. As much as it is trumpeted by Secularists, there is no proof of same.

"Darwinism, by contrast, is an essential ingredient in secularism, that aggressive, quasi-religious faith without a deity. The Sternberg case seems, in many ways, an instance of one religion persecuting a rival, demanding loyalty from anyone who enters one of its churches -- like the National Museum of Natural History.” The Branding of a Heretic

There is far more evidence for the God of the Bible. Examples on this thread.

1.We don’t often think about it, but we are lucky on this board to have some of the dumbest human beings around, folks for whom it wouldn’t be uncharacteristic to put the opposite shoes on their feet. You’d see ‘em walkin’ around, oblivious, as they are about even important things. Anyway, we’d miss out on a lot of humor, and also, the inspiration to dash off responses, sometimes impolite ones.

Sometimes those dummies open the door to the discussion.

2. The other day, one of the dumbest was irate that I posted criticism of a saint in his religion, Darwinism, and he wrote this:

“there is MORE evidence that evolution is TRUE than that the bible is true.
in fact...THERE IS NO EVIDENCE that god exists at all!”
Real Science…Not Darwin

BIG LETTERS!!! He sure was mad. But, he did cause me to consider if there is any evidence for the existence of God.

3. And he represents many of those who, no doubt, vote Democrat, and call themselves Liberals or Progressives, you know, the ‘tolerant’ folks. And they get really nasty if you don’t bow down to their god.
"It's shocking how much venom and bile you can stir up by criticizing Darwin in public. I more or less expected, when I wrote a post critical of evolutionary theory at BigThink.com, there'd be a few heated comments. I didn't expect so many of the 600+ comments to be so heated. Quite a few of the comments were and are just plain ugly. And the most vitriolic attacks came not from the religious right, but from supporters of Darwin! "
Scientists should be humble, not arrogant

4. Funny thing is, lots of actual scientists write critical papers disputing Darwinism, and many are religious folks, as well.
"According to a survey of members of the American Assn. for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center in May and June this year, a majority of scientists (51%) say they believe in God or a higher power, while 41% say they do not.
the public does not share scientists’ certainty about evolution. While 87% of scientists say that life evolved over time due to natural processes, only 32% of the public believes this to be true, according to a different Pew poll earlier this year.

[As for Darwin himself, the] concluding sentence of “Origin of Species” speaks of a “Creator” breathing life “into a few forms or into one.”
What do scientists think about religion? - Los Angeles Times

Is that what the Darwinist fanatics so afraid of??

5. Here’s an interesting point from Dennis Prager:
“In my lifetime alone, science went from positing a universe that always existed to positing a universe that had a beginning (the Big Bang). So, in just one generation [the Bible], in describing a beginning to the universe, went from conflicting with science to agreeing with science….[The Bible] should not violate essential truths (for example, it accurately depicts human beings as the last creation).”

And that’s not the only corresponding point between modern science and a belief in God….

And the Darwinists cannot abide by it.
.....how come god made humans to have to wipe their a$$e$, but animals don't have to???THERE--undeniable proof that creation does not make sense
You can go around with half a turd hanging out of your bunghole if you want to.
I'm going to wipe. :dunno:

Forum List

Back