There HAS to be life on other planets..

That is exactly what we have been using ever since the beginning of the space program.

That can get us to Mars at great cost but not much beyond that.

There are some other ideas for propulsion but they are not exactly enabling us to star trek across the universe, are they?
Exactly. Someone who claims to be a Christian should understand that we were given the EARTH not the universe, in this life. The earth is basically a "prison" for Mankind. This is where we develop according to God's plan for Mankind. Well never leave here in our mortal bodies

Exactly. Someone who claims to be a Christian should understand that we were given the EARTH not the universe, in this life. The earth is basically a "prison" for Mankind. This is where we develop according to God's plan for Mankind. Well never leave here in our mortal bodies
How disgusting and immoral.

Armstrong and Aldrin say differently.

And it's only a few years before Musk starts mining the asteroids.

Our expansion is inevitable.

What kind of expansion do you envision?
A race for resources. Kind of the same reason people came to America. Conditions in 17th century Europe led people to come here, it'll be much the same when our population reaches 22 billion. Necessity is the mother of invention.

We have to remember that the farthest our radio signals have gotten up to this point is about 100 light years away and most planets are much further out than that. So, the most likely scenario is that any intelligent life forms that know of radio signals, are much farther out than the mere 100 light years and the signals would have had to been directed in their direction.

A race for resources. Kind of the same reason people came to America. Conditions in 17th century Europe led people to come here, it'll be much the same when our population reaches 22 billion. Necessity is the mother of invention.
Seems like a daunting challenge with ELE potential. But I'm pretty sure we'll have a thinning of the herd well before 22 billion. We're overdue as it stands now.

I don't disagree with your belief. This is a intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind made it so. But that doesn't affect what I am saying. Paired particle production should have left a universe filled only with radiation. There are an infinite number of ways matter/energy could be structured that would have allowed this universe to be created exactly the same way as this universe was created but be incapable of producing life. I'm talking about particle charges, sizes and distances from one another. But there is only one configuration which would yield a universe capable of producing life.

There are an infinite number of ways matter/energy could be structured that would have allowed this universe to be created exactly the same way as this universe was created but be incapable of producing life.
Sure, but there are also an infinite number of ways matter and energy could be structured to allow another planet to create life as well.

But there is only one configuration which would yield a universe capable of producing life.

Well. I don’t know if I agree with that. The conditions required that we had to adapt to may not be the same conditions that another planet had to adapt to. Remember, we only survived because of adaption (if you believe in evolution). But even if that weren’t the case, why is it so difficult to imagine it didn’t happen elsewhere? Remember, the universe had trillions of chances, maybe even more.

Your argument is based upon the likelihood of life appearing in this universe with these laws of nature. Which I agree with because this universe was created to produce intelligence. My argument is on the universe having matter/energy in it instead of just radiation and what matter/energy it had in it being capable of producing life due to the actual structure of the particles. What I am telling you isn't anything new.

I’m no scientist, but, wasn’t the Big Bang nothing but radiation, atoms, elements..etc. that created the “soup” that when it cooled, is how matter formed?

Your scenario, however, still doesn’t prove God exists, it just calls into question the story of evolution, but that doesn’t automatically point to God.

How about this…if this is a created universe…and we are the only ones here, then why would God create the universe so big? I mean, what was the need for trillions and trillions of galaxies if it was only ever going to be us?

What if there isn’t…….life on other planets.

And we are totally alone, in the universe. :eek:
That’s very possible, but I find it important given the size of the universe and the number of galaxies

You are impressed by "trillions and trillions." Those are very small numbers. Let me give you some large numbers, once again, as I have done elsewhere.

Titin is the largest protein in humans. It has 38,138 amino acid residues in its sequence. They are in a precise sequence, assembling 20 different amino acids, all L form, not D, and all joined by peptide bonds, which have a 50/50 probability of forming as do non-peptide bonds.

So the original naturalistic synthesis of titin is 1/20 (amino acids) to the 38,138th power times 1/2 (D form) to the 38,138th power, times 1/2 (peptide bond) to the 38,138th power.

The product of this is 1 chance in 10 to the 72,458th power, as I recall.
One chance in 10 followed by 72,458 zeroes. Tell me again about how big of a number you think "trillions" is?

Incidentally, titin is only one of over 20,000 different proteins in the human body. So humans are clearly the product of intelligent design.
I'll leave it to any reader to decide who that intelligent designer is, but it is NOT nobody.
The trillions and trillions in only fascinates me because it represents a statistical possibility that life could have developed wells where. Remember, don’t even know the size of the entire universe. The trillions and trillions is just an estimate of what we think. It could very well be a number 100 times that size. Without knowing the actual size of the universe, we have no real idea.

You’re right. Humans are complex…why couldn’t that have been the result of billions of years of change and adaption?

We have to remember that the farthest our radio signals have gotten up to this point is about 100 light years away and most planets are much further out than that. So, the most likely scenario is that any intelligent life forms that know of radio signals, are much farther out than the mere 100 light years and the signals would have had to been directed in their direction.
On the other hand, since the universe is ENDLESS - who cares about some mediocre 100 light-years or whatever?

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

According to your Bible - your God created the Heaven and the Stars!!! + the earth - then comes this kiddo story about Adam&Eve

Where did God say: you ain't allowed to explore the Heaven and the Stars?? Did he forbid space exploration??
And if we find "human-life" you can bet your butt, that Jehovah witness folks - will travel there immediately to spread the kiddo story of Adam&Eve and the rest of the Bible.

The trillions and trillions in only fascinates me because it represents a statistical possibility that life could have developed wells where. Remember, don’t even know the size of the entire universe. The trillions and trillions is just an estimate of what we think. It could very well be a number 100 times that size. Without knowing the actual size of the universe, we have no real idea.

You’re right. Humans are complex…why couldn’t that have been the result of billions of years of change and adaption?

I explained the IMPOSSIBLE statistics of originally synthesizing just ONE protein. JUST ONE! Humans have 20,000 different proteins.
Can't you follow the science that an intelligent agent is responsible for making us? There is not the slightest shred of evidence that this intelligent agent made anything else anywhere else.

Not a sound. Not a peep. Fermi's Paradox: "Where are they?"

We're all here.

I explained the IMPOSSIBLE statistics of originally synthesizing just ONE protein. JUST ONE! Humans have 20,000 different proteins.
Can't you follow the science that an intelligent agent is responsible for making us? There is not the slightest shred of evidence that this intelligent agent made anything else anywhere else.

Not a sound. Not a peep. Fermi's Paradox: "Where are they?"

We're all here.

I’m not disagreeing that this is a God created universe, because I don’t know how it happened. You point to these things and say “God did it”, but, you discount the POSSIBILITY that these things could have happened through time, adaption, and evolution.

You suggest that it’s impossible that these proteins could have developed on their own, again, I’m saying that it’s not impossible, when you consider that, from a evolutionary standpoint, life had to evolve over billions of years, and in that time, what was needed to survive was exactly how and why those massive protein chains formed. Maybe that was what evolution deemed necessary, because of eons of previous failure.

Forum List

Back