Zone1 "There are not 100 people who hate the Catholic Church.." said Fr Sheen

To a non-Catholic Christian, this "hatred" of the Catholic Church seems to be somewhat of a Straw Man argument. However, I agree with the Archbishop that we are letting Christianity slip through our fingers and those of our children. What to do? I would love to see a reconciliation of Christian churches that would honor varying expressions of dogma while reaffirming the divinity of Christ's teachings.
If you were Catholic, you would 100% understand this "hatred" word Sheen uses in talking about Protestants being against Catholics. I've never felt so hated in my life as when I encounter a protestant "christian" who doesn't understand or like Catholicism. I don't even bother talking to them once I learn how closed minded they are. But history is a great teacher and you'd think they'd be interested in the history of their religion. At one time, there was ONLY the Catholic Church. There weren't any "pretenders." Now we have all this confusion because everyone wants to believe what he wants to believe... very disturbing.

I've never felt so hated in my life as when I encounter a protestant "christian" who doesn't understand or like Catholicism
I thi k this is another case of people calling STRONG DISAGREEMENT, "hatred."

I'm neither Catholic nor Protestant, but I "understand" Catholicism better than you, and I STRONGLY DISAGREE with their teachings. Call it "hatred" if it makes you feel better

"There are not 100 people who hate the Catholic Church.." said Bishop Futon Sheen

but there are millions who hate what they think is the Catholic Church...

full discussion at that site

from the site:

These millions can hardly be blamed for hating Catholics because Catholics “adore statues”; because they “put the Blessed Mother on the same level with God”; because they say “indulgence is a permission to commit sin”; because the Pope “is a Fascist”; because the “Church is the defender of Capitalism.” If the Church taught or believed any one of these things it should be hated, but the fact is that the Church does not believe nor teach any one of them. It follows then that the hatred of the millions is directed against error and not against truth

My comments

Actually, the Church before 1958 DID defend Capitalism

and should do so still... (which issue is one way you know that the Vatican is not the true Catholic Church)
greetings
if I may
is the Vatican in the bible?

Vatican as it is and the future
And their dead bodies will lie in the streets of the great city (Vatican) which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord is being crucified (daily service).
Rev 11:8 (NKJV)

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Phil 3:18 (NKJV)

how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:29 (NKJV)

You have forsaken Me," says the Lord, "You have gone backward. Therefore I will stretch out My hand against you and destroy you; I am weary of relenting!
Jer 15:6 (NKJV)

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
For her sins have reached heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:4-5 (NKJV)

we don't hate Catholics but this system keeps Catholics under the law

And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God.
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom, there shall be no end.
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
For with God, nothing shall be impossible.
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed
Luke 1:26-38 (KJV)

Genesis 6: 3
as in Noah, the Lord found grace
God saw grace in Mary she was highly
favored
Mary's lineage was from the house of David's bloodline
she was the pure bloodline of Jesus's family

greetings
if I may
is the Vatican in the bible?

It probably isn't anymore! LOL

No, it is not in the Bible (though Peter is the first pope and Jesus mentions the CHURCH in Mt 16:18).

The word Bible is not there either! And nowhere in the Bible does it say that everything you need to get to Heaven is written down there! The Bible obviously HELPs us get there but we need Christ's CHURCH. The Church He founded produced the Bible. In a way it was a tragedy when the Bible was finally able to be mass produced in the 15th century w/ the invention of the printing press because people began reading and interpreting for themselves and today, 65,000 different denominations later...

enough said?

Chaos

It probably isn't anymore! LOL

No, it is not in the Bible (though Peter is the first pope and Jesus mentions the CHURCH in Mt 16:18).

The word Bible is not there either! And nowhere in the Bible does it say that everything you need to get to Heaven is written down there! The Bible obviously HELPs us get there but we need Christ's CHURCH. The Church He founded produced the Bible. In a way it was a tragedy when the Bible was finally able to be mass produced in the 15th century w/ the invention of the printing press because people began reading and interpreting for themselves and today, 65,000 different denominations later...

enough said?

Chaos
if you say so

if you say so

Well, people are free to believe anything they want

And they will suffer the consequences of it.

I try to lead people to Christ's true Church. If they don't want to go there, I can't force them... the old You can lead a horse to water but...

The bible speaks about how if you warn people about where they're headed eternally and they don't listen, that is not on you, but them. If I don't tell people, I would be in trouble w/ the Lord and that's not going to happen if I can help it..

I try to lead people to Christ's true Church. If they don't want to go there, I can't force them... the old You can lead a horse to water but...

The bible speaks about how if you warn people about where they're headed eternally and they don't listen, that is not on you, but them. If I don't tell people, I would be in trouble w/ the Lord and that's not going to happen if I can help it..
Greetings
the message

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me:

When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him a warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Nevertheless, if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul."
Then the hand of the Lord was upon me there, and He said to me, "Arise, go out into the plain, and there I shall talk with you."
Ezek 3:17-22 (NKJV)

Jer2:29-31 (KJV)Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say, my people, Weare lords; we will come no more unto thee?

Jer5:1
(KJV)Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

Jer5:4-5 (KJV)Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke and burst the bonds.

Jer 5:3 (KJV)O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.

1 Thess 2:15-16 (KJV)Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill-up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

2Tim 2:23-26 (KJV)But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Jer23:9-10 (KJV)Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.

Acts 17:29-31 (KJV) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at, but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Because he
hath appointed a day. This is given as a reason why God commands men to repent. They must be judged; and if they are not penitent and pardoned, they must be condemned.

Luke 10:11- 16 (KJV)Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God has come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tire and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Luke 23:31 (KJV)For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry? {This is Jesus’ final lament over the nation of Israel.}

Revelation3:14-22 (KJV)I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thouwert cold or hot.
God says I know you inside and out, and find little to my likings, you’re neither with Me all the time, nor you’re neither against all the time, far better to be either with Me

Greetings
the message

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me:

When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him a warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Nevertheless, if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul."
Then the hand of the Lord was upon me there, and He said to me, "Arise, go out into the plain, and there I shall talk with you."
Ezek 3:17-22 (NKJV)

Jer2:29-31 (KJV)Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say, my people, Weare lords; we will come no more unto thee?

Jer5:1
(KJV)Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

Jer5:4-5 (KJV)Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke and burst the bonds.

Jer 5:3 (KJV)O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.

1 Thess 2:15-16 (KJV)Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill-up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

2Tim 2:23-26 (KJV)But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Jer23:9-10 (KJV)Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness. For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.

Acts 17:29-31 (KJV) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at, but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Because he
hath appointed a day. This is given as a reason why God commands men to repent. They must be judged; and if they are not penitent and pardoned, they must be condemned.

Luke 10:11- 16 (KJV)Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God has come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tire and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Luke 23:31 (KJV)For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry? {This is Jesus’ final lament over the nation of Israel.}

Revelation3:14-22 (KJV)I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thouwert cold or hot.
God says I know you inside and out, and find little to my likings, you’re neither with Me all the time, nor you’re neither against all the time, far better to be either with Me

What part of

I have already read the entire Bible

do you not understand??

Catholics attend Mass where the Scriptures are read EVERY DAY of the week, not just on Sunday. And I have gone to Mass EVERY day for years and years...

Plus, I have read the entire Bible myself.

And I do not trust all versions of the Bible. I have read the most reliable one, the Douay Rheims.

So why all this throwing scripture at people? When the scriptures are thrown at me to disprove Catholicism, I don't read it (usually).

There is only ONE Church Christ founded. If it is not the Catholic Church, please, please tell us all WHICH one is???

And I am not responding if you do not answer that Q

No. Not "enough said"

You can't get past the fact that Simon the Sorcerer was the founder of your church you worship. You are too wedded to the false idea that your organization is the church Christ founded. It is not.

Translation: "Anyone who disagrees with me is going to Hell".

You are nothing but a fake son.
But one you have replied to... hmmm... What's that all about?

What fascinates you about me?

LOL

:auiqs.jpg:

I mean, there must be something or you'd just write me off as ... a fake son or something.. whatever that may be..

But one you have replied to... hmmm... What's that all about?

What fascinates you about me?

LOL

:auiqs.jpg:

I mean, there must be something or you'd just write me off as ... a fake son or something.. whatever that may be..

Your level of self deception, it is remarkable.

Anyone who disagree with Jesus (and does not repent before the ENd) is indeed going to Hell

and I have not said one word here that is anti-Christ.

No one has accused me of that in any specific way either...

Anyone who disagree with Jesus (and does not repent before the ENd) is indeed going to Hell

Your particular problems are hubris and judgementalism. You like to think you are the Holy Spirit.

Forum List

Back