theists, please give us the creation of man theory

Sorry, but I needed more than 10 lines:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,

18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”

21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”

23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
When did God start making deformed and retarded babies?
I never heard that one before from you. :lol:
You STILL have no answer. :biggrin:
Saying I have no answer doesn't make it true.
You think deformed and retarded babies are a good thing. That's even worse than having no answer.
No. I think good comes from everything. You think handicapped babies are a bad thing.
Deformed, handicapped babies that live a short life in constant, torturing pain are not a good thing, you think they are.
You think they are bad thing. They make you uncomfortable. Would you like to place your hand over their mouths and snuff out their lives so you won't have to feel uncomfortable?

The Genesis tale of creation relies on supernatural intervention, so yes, one or more supernatural gods creating things requires supernaturalism.
Please pinpoint a specific place that you are interpreting as "supernatural intervention".
The entirety of the Genesis account speaks to supernaturalism, particularly when the existence of creator Gods is based on supernaturalism, ie, outside of the natural, rational world. I have yet to see a convincing argument as to how allowing for supernatural creation really advances our understanding of anything. Without a plausible framework to show us how we are to know the reality of Bibles and such without endless interpretation, or understanding the “intent” of the book that describes such supernatural creation, subjective interpretation is futile.
No. It doesn't. It speaks to the origin of existence. Which science says it got right.

Orthodox Jews like nothing better to state the bible is correct, they are in the area due to the bible, and they get lots of money off of Evangelical Christians.
He's not the only one who believes it. ex nihilo creatio is the belief of the Catholic Church too.

The RCC believes in evolution as well as God. The BB has nothing to do with religion.
What do you think ex nihilo creatio is, dummy?

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”

21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
When did God start making deformed and retarded babies?
I never heard that one before from you. :lol:
You STILL have no answer. :biggrin:
Saying I have no answer doesn't make it true.
You think deformed and retarded babies are a good thing. That's even worse than having no answer.
No. I think good comes from everything. You think handicapped babies are a bad thing.
Deformed, handicapped babies that live a short life in constant, torturing pain are not a good thing, you think they are.
You think they are bad thing. They make you uncomfortable. Would you like to place your hand over their mouths and snuff out their lives so you won't have to feel uncomfortable?
I want to know why god makes them.

The Genesis tale of creation relies on supernatural intervention, so yes, one or more supernatural gods creating things requires supernaturalism.
Please pinpoint a specific place that you are interpreting as "supernatural intervention".
The entirety of the Genesis account speaks to supernaturalism, particularly when the existence of creator Gods is based on supernaturalism, ie, outside of the natural, rational world. I have yet to see a convincing argument as to how allowing for supernatural creation really advances our understanding of anything. Without a plausible framework to show us how we are to know the reality of Bibles and such without endless interpretation, or understanding the “intent” of the book that describes such supernatural creation, subjective interpretation is futile.
No. It doesn't. It speaks to the origin of existence. Which science says it got right.

Orthodox Jews like nothing better to state the bible is correct, they are in the area due to the bible, and they get lots of money off of Evangelical Christians.
He's not the only one who believes it. ex nihilo creatio is the belief of the Catholic Church too.

The RCC believes in evolution as well as God. The BB has nothing to do with religion.

Yes they mean the BB is God almighty. He is behind the BB.

Well, yes. However, we’re left with your subjective interpretation of what the Bible perhaps should have contained as opposed to what is actually does contain. So here we have the Theist, admitting the written text of that which she worships requires interpretation and is not to be taken literally — except when it should. The Theist nevertheless assigns presumptive / assumptive terms and definitions that, when challenged, she must back-pedal from and define what the Bible really means.
You are left with what you are determined to believe. First, I do not worship the Bible--nor does anyone of faith. We worship God. The text, while inspired by the Spirit of God, is written by man for mankind--specifically for a specific audience during a specific time frame. This book was not written for me, specifically. Not everything is about me, and very little in the Bible is. It contains truth; it contains basic wisdom. It has accounts of God in our midst.

Perhaps understand that it is your own obsession to determine what the Bible "really" means. To most of us, it is simple. Love God, love your fellowman. Some of the commentary in the Bible may help us along this path.

I’m actually not the one who believes in talking snakes, supernaturalism or Gods.
Then why ever would you think the rest of us believe in talking snakes or a supernatural creation event? It is almost like you must have a reason to put us down and view us as a less intelligent species of human. I don't get it.
Who is the “us” you’re treferring to? I don’t recall accusing you of believing in talking snakes. The context of my posts was in taking a literal or subjective interpretation of the Bible.

The creation story in Genesis clearly speaks to supernatural events. One either believes in the literal tale or applies subjective interpretation. That’s not putting anyone down. It is identifying an uncomfortable reality.

Well, yes. However, we’re left with your subjective interpretation of what the Bible perhaps should have contained as opposed to what is actually does contain. So here we have the Theist, admitting the written text of that which she worships requires interpretation and is not to be taken literally — except when it should. The Theist nevertheless assigns presumptive / assumptive terms and definitions that, when challenged, she must back-pedal from and define what the Bible really means.
You are left with what you are determined to believe. First, I do not worship the Bible--nor does anyone of faith. We worship God. The text, while inspired by the Spirit of God, is written by man for mankind--specifically for a specific audience during a specific time frame. This book was not written for me, specifically. Not everything is about me, and very little in the Bible is. It contains truth; it contains basic wisdom. It has accounts of God in our midst.

Perhaps understand that it is your own obsession to determine what the Bible "really" means. To most of us, it is simple. Love God, love your fellowman. Some of the commentary in the Bible may help us along this path.
That’s fine. I’ll note that this is a public discussion board. If you present your point of view in a public forum, you should probably expect that there are others who will disagree.

Why do you think it is my obsession to determine what the Bible really means? There are both Bible literalists and those not so inclined who post in these threads. I would hope you can appreciate that your interpretations are seemingly diametrically opposed to the literalists. When it involves coming to conclusions about all religious ideologies, I do make judgments. I make assessments about the internal components of the ideology which has an external result that affects many. I do judge, it's necessary and required to do so in order to discern how to proceed with both things and people.

Who is the “us” you’re treferring to? I don’t recall accusing you of believing in talking snakes. The context of my posts was in taking a literal or subjective interpretation of the Bible.

The creation story in Genesis clearly speaks to supernatural events. One either believes in the literal tale or applies subjective interpretation. That’s not putting anyone down. It is identifying an uncomfortable reality.
There is no uncomfortable reality. First, the greater percentage of the population does not interpret the Bible literally. You are obviously talking with one from this greater population. Taking the Bible literally is a non-issue which you continually throw in to derail the discussion. That is only reality, and I more accurately describe it as annoying, not uncomfortable. No, Genesis does not "clearly speak to supernatural events". It speaks of the phases (or evolution or creation processes) of this planet. Yes, people of faith believe God is in the midst of creation (which is ongoing) just as He is in the midst of each of our lives (which are still ongoing).

Other than noting that God (or intelligence) doesn't necessarily have to be behind these phases and processes, those who hold no belief in God have nothing over which to argue. Think about it. Non-believers can remove any mention of God from the account, remember that 'day' is a period of time or a phase, and what is there left to argue with?

Your first “Given” is entirely presumptive and springs from one presumptive version of gods formed by a collection of largely unknown authors.

Your givens are in conflict with hundreds of other, equally authoritative givens.

To proceed from presumptive givens with suggestions of authoritative statements is terribly flawed.
Harmonica was asking how theists think, and many of us theists start with what is in Genesis and the givens in Genesis. Further, the steps given in Genesis are remarkably alike what we know (and teach in science) about the formation of a solar system. Of course, with a solar system, we start with dust particles, and light does emerge from energy before matter breaks into the parts of a solar system. So, as a theist, it interests me that instead of dust, the givens are water, wind, and darkness with the later presumption there is indeed land (dust) underneath all of this water. I also keep in mind that the Genesis account is not about the creation of a solar system, but the creation of a particular planet that seems to have emerged from a great deal of water.

Further, it is with some amusement I note that some who follow science scoff, "God did it" but with great seriousness say, "Evolution did it." No matter who/what "did it" I am still more interested in how it was done. And my question is that if there was light before the sun and moon were fully formed, what in the water and wind caused this light? Some people prefer starting at the end and working backward. I also like to take a look at the beginning and work forward as well.
Our solar system is about 5 billion years old. The universe is at least 13.8 billion years old. There were lots of other stars before our solar system formed. You're welcome.
And Taz the Retard keeps forgetting the sun, by which we measure time, was not formed until day 3.
The universe was almost 9 billion years old when the sun formed. On The Third Day? Great album by Electric Light Orchestra.
Why not? There was no sun until day 3.
So how old is this child of yours?

How do we know the authors' intent?

Hermeneutics should include historical, cultural, and linguistic analyses. Contemporary readers cannot inject themselves into the narrative, which Christians just cannot seem to refrain from doing. Hence the Sunday morning gathering of saints, for example, as if the sabbath and the Law of Moses applied to others besides Israel, and as if it even applied to Israel after the collapse of temple culture in AD 70.

The Bible is Israel's story. The only connection that non-Jewish Christians have to it is a connection to a new covenant.

There is no uncomfortable reality. First, the greater percentage of the population does not interpret the Bible literally. You are obviously talking with one from this greater population. Taking the Bible literally is a non-issue which you continually throw in to derail the discussion. That is only reality, and I more accurately describe it as annoying, not uncomfortable. No, Genesis does not "clearly speak to supernatural events". It speaks of the phases (or evolution or creation processes) of this planet. Yes, people of faith believe God is in the midst of creation (which is ongoing) just as He is in the midst of each of our lives (which are still ongoing).

Other than noting that God (or intelligence) doesn't necessarily have to be behind these phases and processes, those who hold no belief in God have nothing over which to argue. Think about it. Non-believers can remove any mention of God from the account, remember that 'day' is a period of time or a phase, and what is there left to argue with?

Well, I get it. I need not take the Bible literally but have to apply interpretation. A literal interpretation is derailing the thread so interpretation is the key.

I’m still not clear as to how Genesis defining all of creation by God from a void is a natural event as opposed to a supernatural event.

What is the correct interpretation?
You tell me. As I've already told you, anyone's interpretation should be based on what they know.
I know that no event in human history has ever been shown to have a supernatural cause. My interpretation therefore is that supernaturalism cannot be presumed as a cause for the natural realm.

Well, I get it. I need not take the Bible literally but have to apply interpretation. A literal interpretation is derailing the thread so interpretation is the key.
I don't think you do get it. In my response to Harmonica, it is your own literal interpretation of the Bible that has you engaging me. I was responding to her as a theist--one who believes in God--views creation from a Biblical standpoint. I also have a science perspective. You were engaging me as if I had a literal interpretation of Genesis--whereas I, as do many people of faith, do not take the modern English literal view of Genesis.

It makes no sense for you (if it is true you do no take the Bible literally) to argue with me. It would make sense for those who take Genesis literally to argue with me. For the most part, you should have been agreeing with my original post.

1. all you needed were 3 words--god did it
2. but-you can't prove there is a god
3. the bible is not a science/math/etc book = it's just a fairytale story book
4.you say = '''''7So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them''''
--all your other stuff is worthless---look at the title --creation of MAN

--so your theory is god did it ---that's not really a theory--not a plausible theory'/not backed up with any evidence/etc
''god created man'''====that's IT????!!!!!!! that's your '''theory'''''???

Yes they mean the BB is God almighty. He is behind the BB.
No, the BB is not God almighty. The BB is proof that God created the universe from nothing.

Why don't 'evolution' cultists just provide us with the chain of evidence that proves their fantasy is indeed a fact? A simple request for those allegedly all 'scientific n stuff'. Otherwise you trolls have nothing to say except nonsense. It must suck that Genesis has as much credibility as your weird improbable nonsense, and in fact agrees with such 'science' as the Big bang Theory and the 'Adam' allegory is more scientifically feasible than dumbass claims that humans 'evolved' over time, or just spontaneously popped up by the hundreds all at once, fully adult and capable of feeding themselves and wandering around the planet, depending on which silly handwave one chooses to adopt today.
THAT'S your theory??
the point is, theists DON'T have a theory--really...it's just ''god did it'''

Forum List

Back