The Wuhan Virus Has Exposed Modern Americans’ Disconnect from Reality

BTW, I still haven't seen the first three weeks data h1n1 vs this wuhan virus.

Dude...are you trying to get embarrassed?
When H1N1 was first detected in the U.S. in California, (March 25th) it was 3 weeks later before the first person died in the U.S.
COVID 19 is literally 4000 times worse than that.
cool, post the link that shows this?

I went to the CDC and it is interesting what is stated in this link. tell me the difference between h1n1 and this virus. If you're an honest human,

"Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** "

This one predicted that many? fk, I hate disingenuous people.

Your links say nothing about what I said.
It is very simple. DISPUTE THIS...
March 25th, 10 year old girl is 1st H1N1 case.
April 29th, first death in the U.S. 2 year old in Houston TX.
Search all day long.... you will find nothing else.

And BTW - they are now storing bodies in refrigerated semi trailers in NYC.
Ask them if they think the virus is serious
Drama Queens to feed you sheeples. More die from the flu in NYC. 965 deaths for the entire State.
You are behind, they broke the 1000 mark. And that has been only in the past 3 weeks really.
cool how fast did they break 1000 with h1n1? got that data?
No idea, and why do you ask that?
4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009, out of 22,0000,000 infected.
That is about 1 in 5,500.
So far in basically just 3 weeks, America 142,000 infected with almost 2,500 deaths. That is 1 in every 57.
Can you add?
If 22,000,000 people contracted Covid, which is more contagious than H1N1 - then it is reasonable to say 392,000 people would die.

Simple math
You just shot your credibility bolt, you claims earlier in the thread were not convincing, now you are so far off the mark with this post, here are the facts from the CDC:

"On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.[130] On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January."

LINK

bolding mine
==================

You are full of MADE UP simple math, you are a joke!

When H1N1 was first detected in the U.S. in California, (March 25th) it was 3 weeks later before the first person died in the U.S.

I went to the CDC and it is interesting what is stated in this link. tell me the difference between h1n1 and this virus. If you're an honest human,

"Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** "

-h1n1 had occurred before, those over 65 were immuned to it because they had developed antibodies against a previous version of it, in their younger life.... the group of people who are usually more susceptible to die during a flu, actually were not affected by h1n1.....

-this novel corona virus is brand spanking new, there are no groups protected by having developed antibodies against it....

-h1n1 was an influenza virus, and similar to previous flues, we had anti virals that helped reduce the infections coming from it already in stock

-h1n1 had a vaccine available in just 7 months, because we had previous flues that were similar they were able to do it faster than the normal time of 12 to 18 months...

ALSO, influenza is only infectious when you have signs of having it, and a fever...this corona virus is infectious without symptoms or fever

there are huge differences between the h1n1 influenza virus and this novel corona virus

Last edited:
Drama Queens to feed you sheeples. More die from the flu in NYC. 965 deaths for the entire State.
You are behind, they broke the 1000 mark. And that has been only in the past 3 weeks really.
So far in basically just 3 weeks, America 142,000 infected with almost 2,500 deaths. That is 1 in every 57.
Can you add?
If 22,000,000 people contracted Covid, which is more contagious than H1N1 - then it is reasonable to say 392,000 people would die.

Simple math
You just shot your credibility bolt, you claims earlier in the thread were not convincing, now you are so far off the mark with this post, here are the facts from the CDC:

"On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.[130] On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January."

LINK

bolding mine
==================

Are you guys really this dumb??
We were talking about figures within the first time period, not the life of H1N1.

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

We were talking about figures within the first time period, not the life of H1N1.
Now you are just LYING here since there are YOUR words about H1N1:

"No idea, and why do you ask that?
That is about 1 in 5,500."

bolding mine
===========

That is a NINE month period, which was most of the life of H1N1 cycle, here is the ONE year cycle, infections and deaths rate greatly slowed down after January 1, 2010:

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% infection fatality rate/Mortality rate) in the United States due to the virus."

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

bolding mine
===========

That is a NINE month period, which was most of the life of H1N1 cycle, here is the ONE year cycle, infections and deaths rate greatly slowed down after January 1, 2010:

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% infection fatality rate/Mortality rate) in the United States due to the virus."

So?
I see now I didn't see where the figure ended in October 2009...
On October 24, 2009, President Barack Obama declared Swine Flu a national emergency in the United States. On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died.

And again, it is completely useless to compare Covid and H1N1.
BUT IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT....

Authorities around the world hurried to implant radical measures to combat "the invisible enemy".

The "casualties of war" were far lower than expected, but the measures were implanted already.

Plan B from authorities is to enforce harder the stated radical measures, now imposing penalties to "violators".

The virus is indeed spreading like crazy in several zones, but is a WEAK virus. This is an important information authorities want to ignore in purpose, the Corona virus is a WEAK virus.

This virus can survive and reproduce in several environments, including hot climate, but its action in humans is WEAK when the individual is a healthy person.

The radical measures must be clarified as "being made to protect the older and people with health issues". not so as "extremely dangerous for everybody".

The radical measures can be accepted and obeyed, but authorities must become HONEST about the virus effects on humans.

By the way, if the number of people in emergency rooms increases to high levels, this can be an open window to make statistics of the percent of people with health issues in each State.

So far, New York population is showing a high percent of people with health problems when many young people or adults not reaching 65 years of age are in need of respirators and hospitalization.

Deaths and people of all ages very sick due to the virus in Italy and Spain are not a surprise when hard smoking is part of their culture already.

It’s sad and disgusting how easily so many surrendered their basic human rights with so little facts provided.

Most people haven't much choice but surrender to what they see as a temporary situation and for the better good.
Perhaps the more poignant observation would be to note just how easily and quickly our government jumps to take away our rights. I'm sure this was good exercise for the future and for those who say it can never happen in America.
I question putting the world into a Great Depression for decades being a greater good.

First of all, the term is depression. The Great Depression is the name of one specific economic event that occurred in history. And where are you getting the idea that it would last decades?

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

bolding mine
===========

So?
On October 24, 2009, President Barack Obama declared Swine Flu a national emergency in the United States. On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died.

Once again the inability to read what is placed in front of you is apparent, once again from the CDC, who made NEW estimates on January 15, 2010:

red bolding mine

===================

I havent tried comparing anything, my dispute with YOU over the numbers. You never made a valid point with your numbers (which I have NOT disputed) it is the way you present them for an argument that is unsupportable. You stated this which doesn't have October in it at all:

"4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009,.."

Those are YOUR words! They are incorrect! Now you understand why I bolded the year 2009?

Stop trying to deflect that away, it is dishonest.

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

bolding mine
===========

So?

Once again the inability to read what is placed in front of you is apparent, once again from the CDC, who made NEW estimates on January 15, 2010:

red bolding mine

===================

I havent tried comparing anything, my dispute with YOU over the numbers. You never made a valid point with your numbers (which I have NOT disputed) it is the way you present them for an argument that is unsupportable. You stated this which doesn't have October in it at all:

Those are YOUR words! They are incorrect! Now you understand why I bolded the year 2009?

Those are not my words. I copied and pasted it from Google.
Regardless - you are arguing semantics.
Semantics that have no meaning other than, apparently, you like to type.

Once again...

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

bolding mine
===========

So?

red bolding mine

===================

Tommy, let me help you with your Lefteze translations-- -- -- --

When a Leftist calls himself "iamwhatiseem,"​
it really means he's NEVER what he seems.​
And when a Leftist says "4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009,"​
that really means that 11,700 may have also died, but that 4,000 died as well! And for his intents and purposes, those are the only 4,000 he wishes to count.​

I hope that clears things up for you just a little. I find leftists a lot easier to underastand if I just think of them as 4 year olds.

Can you add?

Simple math

LINK

bolding mine
==================

bolding mine
===========

So?

red bolding mine

===================

Tommy, let me help you with your Lefteze translations-- -- -- --

When a Leftist calls himself "iamwhatiseem,"​
it really means he's NEVER what he seems.​
And when a Leftist says "4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009,"​
that really means that 11,700 may have also died, but that 4,000 died as well! And for his intents and purposes, those are the only 4,000 he wishes to count.​

I hope that clears things up for you just a little. I find leftists a lot easier to underastand if I just think of them as 4 year olds.

I am a leftist?????

rrr.jpg

I sure hope the financial crash does not cause a lot of suicides as it did in the Great Depression... :(

Because our govt is out there handing out money to these businesses, maybe it won't happen, as it did in the 1920's?
In the long run we simply cannot print up and hand out increasingly worthless trillions of dollars.
I would suggest people look at the Weimar German government that went this route, collapsed and ushered in the Nazi party who pledged to bring order and sanity back to Deutschland.

The Trump victory set off a displacement of reality and a replacement of feelings has taken over.
Effort after effort, Kavanaugh, Stormy, Mueller, failed impeachment, on and on. Now a virus that can be manipulated into an exaggerated hysteria and surely that will get him while we punish productive and self determined people, while the liberals cloistered in their safe space and seek to put everyone else in one, while Americans line up and obey the dubious directions, and we get China some money we owe through stock market manipulations
Trump for the first time is in danger if not getting my vote. He’s got to stop playing scared. Closing down the country over uncertain and unknown worst case scenarios is a worse case scenario and outcomes itself

Last edited:

Your links say nothing about what I said.
I spun it a bit, I showed that the infectious state of h1n1 was novel, just like this one. In comparison, I'm showing the targets were actually more. no shut down, no economic panic. Look, I use perspective, and this does that.

-h1n1 had occurred before, those over 65 were immuned to it because they had developed antibodies against a previous version of it, in their younger life.... the group of people who are usually more susceptible to die during a flu, actually were not affected by h1n1.....

-this novel corona virus is brand spanking new, there are no groups protected by having developed antibodies against it....

-h1n1 was an influenza virus, and similar to previous flues, we had anti virals that helped reduce the infections coming from it already in stock

-h1n1 had a vaccine available in just 7 months, because we had previous flues that were similar they were able to do it faster than the normal time of 12 to 18 months...

ALSO, influenza is only infectious when you have signs of having it, and a fever...this corona virus is infectious without symptoms or fever

there are huge differences between the h1n1 influenza virus and this novel corona virus
so was h1n1. I posted the link, you need me to post the statement? okay

This new H1N1 virus contained a unique combination of influenza genes not previously identified in animals or people. This virus was designated as influenza A (H1N1)pdm09 virus. Ten years later work continues to better understand influenza, prevent disease, and prepare for the next pandemic

What's the difference? note the word UNIQUE

Forum List

Back