The Wuhan Virus Has Exposed Modern Americans’ Disconnect from Reality

My job has me do work for local hospitals in my area. This virus is every bit as advertised. Not sure what the OP's point is. Hospitals are working overtime even in the non-hot spots. If not for shutting everything down and social distancing many more would die than did with H1N1 and SARs.
how many died in the same time frame? got that data? See that's the data that would answer severity questions. Including, patterns of outbreak.

And BTW - they are now storing bodies in refrigerated semi trailers in NYC.
Ask them if they think the virus is serious
Drama Queens to feed you sheeples. More die from the flu in NYC. 965 deaths for the entire State.
You are behind, they broke the 1000 mark. And that has been only in the past 3 weeks really.
cool how fast did they break 1000 with h1n1? got that data?
No idea, and why do you ask that?
4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009, out of 22,0000,000 infected.
That is about 1 in 5,500.
So far in basically just 3 weeks, America 142,000 infected with almost 2,500 deaths. That is 1 in every 57.
Can you add?
If 22,000,000 people contracted Covid, which is more contagious than H1N1 - then it is reasonable to say 392,000 people would die.

Simple math

My job has me do work for local hospitals in my area. This virus is every bit as advertised. Not sure what the OP's point is. Hospitals are working overtime even in the non-hot spots. If not for shutting everything down and social distancing many more would die than did with H1N1 and SARs.
how many died in the same time frame? got that data? See that's the data that would answer severity questions. Including, patterns of outbreak.

Now that we've quarantined, sheltered in place and social distanced that data isn't relevant. We'll never know how many more would have died if we had not done this.

Reality is, you only have one thing to do. Don't get the virus. Everyone knows how to avoid getting it so just fucking do it. If you get it, it's on you unless you're one of the medical people who are actually putting their lives on the line at ground zero.

Drama Queens to feed you sheeples. More die from the flu in NYC. 965 deaths for the entire State.
You are behind, they broke the 1000 mark. And that has been only in the past 3 weeks really.
So far in basically just 3 weeks, America 142,000 infected with almost 2,500 deaths. That is 1 in every 57.
Can you add?
If 22,000,000 people contracted Covid, which is more contagious than H1N1 - then it is reasonable to say 392,000 people would die.

Simple math
Erroneous statistic because prior to the test being widely available it was classified as pneumonia.

And how many deaths/injuries from traffic accidents in same period of time?

Yeah... cause the two are related.
:rolleyes:

When you're dead, you're dead.

Can you add?

Simple math
New York Opioid Summary

Can you add?

Simple math
Way to completely misrepresent comparing numbers with a completed outbreak with one that just started . It's why I'm asking for data at the same time frame, it's called perspective. Right now, 2000 people died of the flu in the same time frame as the virus. maybe more, but were not getting hour by hour death counts. son, stop over promoting this hoax. 2 million people won't die. You believing that is amazing. wow. can't cure stupid.

Now that we've quarantined, sheltered in place and social distanced that data isn't relevant. We'll never know how many more would have died if we had not done this.
exactly my point. the fact is prior to this stay at home policy, they should have shown a graph of the last outbreak with the current one and show us the statistics that said this was necessary. Instead, they did modeling, and reacted against modeling. I fking hate modeling it's never right. just like AGW. it's all wrong, people in power wanting more power. MSM included.

BTW, I still haven't seen the first three weeks data h1n1 vs this wuhan virus.

Can you add?

Simple math
Way to completely misrepresent comparing numbers with a completed outbreak with one that just started . It's why I'm asking for data at the same time frame, it's called perspective. Right now, 2000 people died of the flu in the same time frame as the virus. maybe more, but were not getting hour by hour death counts. son, stop over promoting this hoax. 2 million people won't die. You believing that is amazing. wow. can't cure stupid.

??
Where in the world did I say 2 million would die??
I would never say that.
And I am struck by how you are totally missing context.
Holy Cow

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." Ronald Reagan

Sitting here in gub'mit lockdown makes it mighty hard to disagree with RR

~S~

Also, the Jews lost their freedom to both the Egyptians and Babylonians, yet the Lord freed them each time

Can you add?

Simple math

??
I would never say that.
Holy Cow
those were the original model numbers. and people believed them. without any fking data. Not one piece. I called bullshit then, and I'm still calling it.

Can you add?

Simple math

??
I would never say that.
Holy Cow
those were the original model numbers. and people believed them. without any fking data. Not one piece. I called bullshit then, and I'm still calling it.

yeah... however...that has noting to do with what I said

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." Ronald Reagan

Sitting here in gub'mit lockdown makes it mighty hard to disagree with RR

~S~

Also, the Jews lost their freedom to both the Egyptians and Babylonians, yet the Lord freed them each time
After centuries of slavery each time.

Dude...are you trying to get embarrassed?
When H1N1 was first detected in the U.S. in California, (March 25th) it was 3 weeks later before the first person died in the U.S.
COVID 19 is literally 4000 times worse than that.

Anyone notice the pivot from MILLIONS WILL DIE to HOSPITALS WILL BE OVERRUN?

“Some numbers: According to the CDC, during the 2018-2019 flu season, there were some 810,000 hospitalizations in the United States for flu and 61,000 deaths. As of March 26, we have seen more than 490,000 hospitalizations and 34,000 flu deaths. Add in the COVID-19 numbers and you get 565,000 hospitalizations and 35,264 deaths. In other words, seen in context, COVID-19 cases are a barely discernible blip.”
Jebus!

Can you not comprehend that the world is just 3 months in to this virus, and the flu figures you are giving is FOR A WHOLE YEAR?

And that this virus does NOT replace the Flu hospitalizations and death toll, but the virus deaths and hospitalizations are in ADDITION to the Flu patients, and this is why our Hospitals are not capable of handling it, with hospital capacity and all the things that go with it such as masks and ventilators, once said and done?
As with every virus, they last around 3-4 months.
NOPE, they go the whole year,they only slow down in some cases, during certain weather periods.... deaths still occur, just at a slower rate in summer.... this FALL is peak season for influenza virus, and we are HOPING this Corona virus acts like Influenza... slower in the summer, but we expect it to hit us with a BANG in the Fall again, when Flu season hits!

Dude...are you trying to get embarrassed?
When H1N1 was first detected in the U.S. in California, (March 25th) it was 3 weeks later before the first person died in the U.S.
COVID 19 is literally 4000 times worse than that.
cool, post the link that shows this?

I went to the CDC and it is interesting what is stated in this link. tell me the difference between h1n1 and this virus. If you're an honest human,

"Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** "

This one predicted that many? fk, I hate disingenuous people.

Forum List

Back