The Wuhan Virus Has Exposed Modern Americans’ Disconnect from Reality

Now this is some funny shit right there... I am a leftist.
Hilarious.
I never said that. I just copied and pasted it from Google. Being stoopid absolves me of all responsibility. You? :heehee:

Okay...great... I can say the source I copied from was wrong - PERFECT!!!.... now that we are past that...
DISPUTE THIS...
March 25th, 10 year old girl is 1st H1N1 case.
April 29th, first death in the U.S. 2 year old in Houston TX.
Search all day long.... you will find nothing else.

H1N1 killed exactly 0 people in the first month. Primarily, because it had little to no effect on a large % of the population. I myself had it. I barely had the sniffles. My son, however, was in the hospital for 6 days and was the scariest time in my life.
Covid-19, in the same time frame is devastatingly worse than H1N1. And is far-far - far more contagious.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Hilarious.
I never said that. I just copied and pasted it from Google. Being stoopid absolves me of all responsibility. You? :heehee:

Okay...great... I can say the source I copied from was wrong - PERFECT!!!.... now that we are past that...
DISPUTE THIS...

H1N1 killed exactly 0 people in the first month. Primarily, because it had little to no effect on a large % of the population. I myself had it. I barely had the sniffles. My son, however, was in the hospital for 6 days and was the scariest time in my life.
Covid-19, in the same time frame is devastatingly worse than H1N1. And is far-far - far more contagious.
so what happened it got so bad?

It’s sad and disgusting how easily so many surrendered their basic human rights with so little facts provided.

While the experts claim that little is known about the Wuhan virus, enough is known to suggest that the response has been excessive. While there is a worrying possibility that the Wuhan virus will make a sizable impact on public health (along with the possibility that it probably won’t), the hype surrounding it has already created a huge imposition on daily life and cost the global economy trillions of dollars. Everyone must “do their part” to confront the pandemic or face the wrath of their conscientious peers.

This kind of hype and the subsequent reaction to it seems to grow worse with each year. Right before the Wuhan virus, there was President Trump’s “historic” impeachment. And before that, there was the death of General Qasem Soleimani and the possibility of World War III. And before that, in no particular order, there was the imminent climate catastrophe, Russian collusion and the Mueller report, the Amazon rainforest burning down, and periodic nuclear threats from North Korea.

People should know better by now, yet they seem to fall for the hype every time—including many conservatives. The promise of the tech age and the ubiquity of smartphones and the internet was that it would arm people with relevant information and rational courses of action. Rather, it has done the opposite—magnifying doubts and fears about everything and everyone.

In most cases, the only thing that information technology has done is cause people to become less tethered to reality. Screens now replace people’s senses, and the algorithms embedded in social media do people’s thinking for them.

As such, most people spend more time in the virtual world and less time in the real one, making them ever more vulnerable to exaggerated doomsday narratives. In particular, this retreat from reality takes a toll on a person’s memory, imagination, and common sense.

Remember swine flu? Or bird flu? Or Ebola? Or Zika? Or SARS? Each of these diseases from the past two decades was arguably worse than the Wuhan virus. In the case of swine flu, more than 1,000 people died from it before Obama declared a state of emergency. Big Tech and the mainstream news will never report this. And yet, for all their distrust of the media, people still seem inclined to believe the pundits and clueless scientists over their own experience.

This then leads to a lack of context. Everything seems new and unprecedented, and therefore unknown and scary—except that this isn’t true. Pandemics have alwaysexisted, and there are proven ways to deal with them that don’t involve shutting down the economy and putting everyone under house arrest.

Wait until the parents to these idiots realize this virus SOFTKILLS the male population--- THis virus goes after mens balls
for women the HPV vaccine goes after the ovaries THEY ARE SOFT KILLING THE POPULATION

1585585266155.png

Sooner or later even the mentally weak will notice.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

Time. It was not nearly as contagious. And, unlike Covid, most of the people who died were young or had underlying conditions that contributed to their death. Thank God H1N1 was not nearly as bad as Covid.
The math is very easy. Very.
If we use your source, the death rate of H1N1 was .02%.
As of today, CV-19 is 1 out of 55. almost 2%.
Can you see that is way-way-way worse?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
And BTW - they are now storing bodies in refrigerated semi trailers in NYC.
Ask them if they think the virus is serious
Drama Queens to feed you sheeples. More die from the flu in NYC. 965 deaths for the entire State.
You are behind, they broke the 1000 mark. And that has been only in the past 3 weeks really.
cool how fast did they break 1000 with h1n1? got that data?
No idea, and why do you ask that?
4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009, out of 22,0000,000 infected.
That is about 1 in 5,500.
So far in basically just 3 weeks, America 142,000 infected with almost 2,500 deaths. That is 1 in every 57.
Can you add?
If 22,000,000 people contracted Covid, which is more contagious than H1N1 - then it is reasonable to say 392,000 people would die.

Simple math
You just shot your credibility bolt, you claims earlier in the thread were not convincing, now you are so far off the mark with this post, here are the facts from the CDC:

"On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.[130] On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January."

LINK

bolding mine
==================

You are full of MADE UP simple math, you are a joke!

Are you guys really this dumb??
We were talking about figures within the first time period, not the life of H1N1.
Now you are just LYING here since there are YOUR words about H1N1:

"No idea, and why do you ask that?
4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009, out of 22,0000,000 infected.
That is about 1 in 5,500."

bolding mine
===========

That is a NINE month period, which was most of the life of H1N1 cycle, here is the ONE year cycle, infections and deaths rate greatly slowed down after January 1, 2010:

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% infection fatality rate/Mortality rate) in the United States due to the virus."

So?
I see now I didn't see where the figure ended in October 2009...
On October 24, 2009, President Barack Obama declared Swine Flu a national emergency in the United States. On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died.

And again, it is completely useless to compare Covid and H1N1.
BUT IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT....

It is very simple. DISPUTE THIS...
Once again the inability to read what is placed in front of you is apparent, once again from the CDC, who made NEW estimates on January 15, 2010:

"On January 15, 2010, the CDC released new estimate figures for swine flu, saying it has sickened about 55 million Americans and killed about 11,160 from April through mid-December.[130] On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalised and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January."

red bolding mine

===================

I havent tried comparing anything, my dispute with YOU over the numbers. You never made a valid point with your numbers (which I have NOT disputed) it is the way you present them for an argument that is unsupportable. You stated this which doesn't have October in it at all:

"4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009,.."

Those are YOUR words! They are incorrect! Now you understand why I bolded the year 2009?

Stop trying to deflect that away, it is dishonest.
Tommy, let me help you with your Lefteze translations-- -- -- --

When a Leftist calls himself "iamwhatiseem,"​
it really means he's NEVER what he seems.​
And when a Leftist says "4000 Americans died of H1N1 in 2009,"​
that really means that 11,700 may have also died, but that 4,000 died as well! And for his intents and purposes, those are the only 4,000 he wishes to count.​

I hope that clears things up for you just a little. I find leftists a lot easier to underastand if I just think of them as 4 year olds.

I am a leftist?????

View attachment 317116
Like I said, both sides have easily surrendered their basic human rights without any supporting data. Just orders from Big Bro and everyone walks into the shower.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

Time. It was not nearly as contagious. And, unlike Covid, most of the people who died were young or had underlying conditions that contributed to their death. Thank God H1N1 was not nearly as bad as Covid.
sure it was. it killed over 14,000 people

guess what NY was the hot spot on that one as well. interesting. someone should ask why.

MMWR Dispatch on the outbreak of 2009 H1N1 influenza infection in a high school in New York City, that was, at the time, the largest reported cluster of 2009 H1N1 cases in the United States.

At the June 25, 2009 Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Meeting Adobe PDF file, CDC estimated that at least 1 million cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza had occurred in the United States.

One million by June in the US. CDC numbers, and the racist obammy CDC canceled all nonessntial travel to Mexico. fk, it's amazing what one can find when one goes looking. The fact is, this isn't any different than this one. none. zip.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

guess what NY was the hot spot on that one as well. interesting. someone should ask why.

MMWR Dispatch on the outbreak of 2009 H1N1 influenza infection in a high school in New York City, that was, at the time, the largest reported cluster of 2009 H1N1 cases in the United States.

At the June 25, 2009 Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Meeting Adobe PDF file, CDC estimated that at least 1 million cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza had occurred in the United States.

One million by June in the US. CDC numbers, and the racist obammy CDC canceled all nonessntial travel to Mexico. fk, it's amazing what one can find when one goes looking. The fact is, this isn't any different than this one. none. zip.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?
What H1N1 did over it's lifetime is irrelevant to what any other virus does in it's first month.
You understand that?
I keep noticing how both of you refuse to even acknowledge that, in the same time period, Cv-19 is monumentally worse. It isn't even close. You should examine your own opinions and ask why you won't acknowledge that. This virus, in just a few weeks, is horrifically worse than others.
I am sorry, but you have to have the I.Q. of a turnip not to see it.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

What H1N1 did over it's lifetime is irrelevant to what any other virus does in it's first month.
You understand that?
I keep noticing how both of you refuse to even acknowledge that, in the same time period, Cv-19 is monumentally worse. It isn't even close. You should examine your own opinions and ask why you won't acknowledge that. This virus, in just a few weeks, is horrifically worse than others.
sure it is, it escalated just like this one. the fact it was out a month is neither here nor there. It still happened, it happened in NY as well. there's a something there. you have no idea how bad Wuhan Virus is . None, absolutely nothing. for you to make such a statement means you are dishonest. wow.

It was unique and this one is novel. com si com sa

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

You understand that?
One of us in 6 months is going to look back and say they were wrong.
And as data continues to flow in, I’m feeling more and more secure in my beliefs.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

You understand that?
And as data continues to flow in, I’m feeling more and more secure in my beliefs.
exactly. The problem will be this, see we quarantined and that's why. there wasn't enough data, they responded like they do for climate change/ global warming models. ocean at your doors in Pittsburgh by 2020. oops. folks, modeling fails every time an expert pushes it out. in fact the dude that supplied the model already stated he was wrong. bingo, every model is always wrong.

It’s sad and disgusting how easily so many surrendered their basic human rights with so little facts provided.

Most people haven't much choice but surrender to what they see as a temporary situation and for the better good.
Perhaps the more poignant observation would be to note just how easily and quickly our government jumps to take away our rights. I'm sure this was good exercise for the future and for those who say it can never happen in America.
I question putting the world into a Great Depression for decades being a greater good.

Depressions are not necessary or even real.
They are deliberately caused and created in order for the big wealth owners to wipe out the little investors.
All an economic stoppage does is increase debt temporarily, and government reduces interest on that debt, then there is no depression.
Then it is just a temporary loss of profits, that quickly goes away once you restart production again.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

I think that it's quite obvious that the hospitals are being overwhelmed in a lot of places.

If it is as bad as the flu, like some people claim, how come hospitals are not usually full of flu patients?

The Spanish Flu of 1918 may have been worse, but I'm not sure what kinds of medicines were available then.

Can you not comprehend that the world is just 3 months in to this virus, and the flu figures you are giving is FOR A WHOLE YEAR?

the specter of EVERY year is what i'm worried about......~S~

Very good point, but not like a need to worry.
Like flu, colds, and all viruses, you develop more resistance after you got it before, so likely next year COVID-19 will fall into the background like the annual flu and cold are now.
They will no longer have such a dramatic death rate.

And all viruses have the potential of mutating again to become more lethal once again, temporarily.
For example, the 2009 Swine flu was a return of the 1918 Spanish flu, H1N1.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

I think that it's quite obvious that the hospitals are being overwhelmed in a lot of places.

If it is as bad as the flu, like some people claim, how come hospitals are not usually full of flu patients?

The Spanish Flu of 1918 may have been worse, but I'm not sure what kinds of medicines were available then.

Hospitals have never been full of flu patients because in the past people have not taken flu patients to hospitals. The only reason to take COVID-19 patients to hospitals now, is if they have such lung impairment that a ventilator can help them from dying as they slowly get over it on their own.
There are no medicines available to at all stop or slow any virus.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

You understand that?
exactly. The problem will be this, see we quarantined and that's why. there wasn't enough data, they responded like they do for climate change/ global warming models. ocean at your doors in Pittsburgh by 2020. oops. folks, modeling fails every time an expert pushes it out. in fact the dude that supplied the model already stated he was wrong. bingo, every model is always wrong.

That is wrong.
The MAIN reason we did not get the 20' ocean rise and only got about 1' ocean rise is because of our reaction to emissions.
If we had continued the emissions rates of the 1950's, then we would have gotten the 20' ocean rise.

Modeling always has to work better than anything else, because it is based on past documented effects being interpolated into the future. With climate, it is true that something did slow global warming, but it turned out to be that fresh volcanic lava absorbs huge amounts of CO2, and it is not like that is something we can count on, control, or use. We just got lucky.

What any virus does in its first months is fairly irrelevant to the long run because everyone will likely develop a natural resistance to it after getting it, so next year it will likely be much less significant.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

nothing at any hospital around me here in chicago.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

You understand that?

That is wrong.
The MAIN reason we did not get the 20' ocean rise and only got about 1' ocean rise is because of our reaction to emissions.
If we had continued the emissions rates of the 1950's, then we would have gotten the 20' ocean rise.

Modeling always has to work better than anything else, because it is based on past documented effects being interpolated into the future. With climate, it is true that something did slow global warming, but it turned out to be that fresh volcanic lava absorbs huge amounts of CO2, and it is not like that is something we can count on, control, or use. We just got lucky.

What any virus does in its first months is fairly irrelevant to the long run because everyone will likely develop a natural resistance to it after getting it, so next year it will likely be much less significant.
hahahahahahahahahaaha the main reason we didn't get anything is because it was a hoax. drop mic.

Hilarious.

DISPUTE THIS...

You understand that?
I hope to hell you are right. In fact, I will be elated.

1585592801132.png

It's a shame you all can't be fed more facts than what's allowed by the censors.
From here on out this VIRUS will be USED to control the dumb fk public.........
THe 2nd wave is still coming zombies it's still coming..........

Just like Weathermans post says you dumb asses haven't figure reality out yet.
1585592874450.png

your lame are so disconnected you can't tell which end is up you want gov for your parents you can't think on your own you put your kids up for sexualization and you assholes say we wear the tinfoil hats LOL..

Forum List

Back