The Worlds Slacker Fair

Makes me want to vomit, these embarrassing slobbering potheads are the face of our future.

Loserssssssssssssss !

In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream

DENVER (AP) — Once the province of activists and stoners, the traditional pot holiday of April 20 has gone mainstream in the first state in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana.

Tens of thousands gathered for a weekend of Colorado cannabis-themed festivals and entertainment, from a marijuana industry expo called the Cannabis Cup at a trade center north of downtown to 4/20-themed concerts at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater — acts include Slightly Stoopid and Snoop Dogg — to a massive festival at Civic Center Park, in the shadow of the state capitol, where clouds of cannabis smoke are expected to waft at 4:20 p.m. MDT Sunday.

The smokeout is planned despite public consumption of marijuana remaining illegal in Colorado.

Festivities got off to a slow start on Sunday. At noon, as bells from the Catholic cathedral a few blocks away rang out over downtown to signal the end of Easter services, only a few hundred people milled around Civic Center Park. The smell of marijuana was detectable, but mild.

The Civic Center Park event is the most visible sign of the pot holiday's transformation. It started as a defiant gathering of marijuana activists, but this year the event has an official city permit, is organized by an events management company and featured booths selling funnel cakes and Greek food next to kiosks hawking hemp lollipops and glass pipes.

Gavin Beldt, one of the organizers, said in a statement that the event is now a "celebration of legal status for its use in Colorado and our launch of an exciting new experience for those attending. "

Denver is just one of many cities across the country where 4/20 marijuana celebrations are planned Sunday.

In Trenton, N.J., speakers urged a crowd of about 150 gathered at the statehouse to push state and federal lawmakers to legalize or decriminalize marijuana and called on Gov. Chris Christie to do what he can to help medical marijuana patients.

In San Francisco, Police Chief Greg Suhr said his officers would be cracking down on illegal parking, camping, drug sales, underage drinking and open alcohol containers at Golden Gate Park's Hippie Hill. Officials don't want the unofficial pot holiday to disrupt Easter Sunday activities in the park.

In Washington, thousands celebrated in the only other state to legalize marijuana. Events included a Snoop Dogg show Saturday night as well as an event sponsored by Seattle's Dope Magazine, with a $99 "judge's pass" available that included 10 marijuana samples.

Back in Colorado, University of Colorado officials closed the Boulder campus to all but students, faculty and staff on Sunday to ensure no 4/20 celebrations were held. Spokesman Ryan Huff said the tactic was working, with no arrests reported Sunday. The university says marking 4/20 is contrary to its mission of research, teaching and learning, and in the past, it has seeded a main lawn with fertilizer to keep revelers away.

While the weekend was for celebrating, recent events have brought serious scrutiny to Colorado's experiment with legalizing marijuana. Denver police say a man ate marijuana-infused candy before shooting and killing his wife on Monday, an attack dispatchers heard during a 911 call the woman had placed. Her death followed that of a college student who traveled to Colorado with friends from Wyoming for spring break, ate more than the recommended dose of a marijuana-laced cookie, and jumped to his death from a hotel balcony in Denver. State lawmakers are debating how to increase safety regulations.

On Saturday, the first day of a two-day festival in Denver, only a few people lingered on the steps of a Roman-style amphitheater where marijuana activists spoke angrily about bans on the drug in other states. Thousands instead lingered on the park's broad lawns, listening to hip-hop music blasting from the sound stage and enjoying the fresh, albeit marijuana-scented, air.

"It's a lot mellower this year," said Cody Andrews, 29, of Denver. "It's more of a venue now. More vendor-y."

Last year's event was marred by an unsolved shooting that wounded three. This year a fence rings the park. Security guards in protective gear roam the grounds, and all entrants are being checked for weapons.

Denver police said Sunday that they had issued 21 citations for public consumption of marijuana and arrested one person accused of attempting to distribute the drug on Saturday, and issued another seven citations Sunday. Marijuana sales are regulated in the state.

Plenty of participants didn't waiting until 4/20 proper to light up despite public consumption of marijuana remaining illegal. On Saturday, Jairin Genung, 25, of Aurora, sat on the grass with friends, including one who was carefully rolling a thick joint.

"We're going to light up no matter what," Genung said. "If you can't smoke at the 4/20 rally, it just doesn't make sense."

The whole scene was wonderfully surreal for Bud Long, 49, from Kalamazoo, Mich., who recalled taking part in his first 4/20 protest in 1984.

"Nationwide, it'll be decriminalized," he predicted, "and we'll be doing this in every state."

How do you feel about those 20-somethings who work in the financial services industry, move other peoples money around with no guarantee anyone but themselves will earn a profit and spend their late afternoons and evenings drinking $12 to $15 dollar cocktails?

Guns have been legal everywhere since the country was founded.

And again, instead of using the tired argument, that since we have problem "A" we might as well open the floodgates, how about we think about keeping a lid on pot, since except for Washington and Colorado, we already have the laws in place ?

Way to sidestep the question without addressing it.

Do you support the revised statement, or not? It's kind of a yes/no thing.

Strawman argument, I'm not taking your bait.

Ummm... no Cholly, that's not what a strawman is. You'd have a strawman if I put words in your mouth and claimed they were yours. This is a hypothetical.

Since you know this is a trap, I'll answer for you -- I put it to you that you wouldn't put such a restriction on an instrument that kills and maims people, but you would put restrictions on a natural substance that incites people to simply sit quietly and think. And maybe even laugh.

That's the flaw in your argument, and why you won't answer the hypothetical.

Amirite?

Last edited:
There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

Let's move beyond your inability to use punctuation properly and concentrate on your supposition that cannabis is THE gateway drug to...what? You didn't specify.

What is caffeine the gateway to? what about manhattans, martinis, and zingers?

I don't smoke, neither cigarettes or pot, I don't think inhaling smoke into my lungs can be helpful. As far as ingesting pot in other ways...the smell is terrible, just not me idea of a good time, seems pointless.

My employment will never allow any worker to smoke pot. We have random drug testing and legal or not, it will not vibe allowed.

Yanno - if we all flatly refused to put up with that kind of shit, it would have no choice but to go away. Enabling starts with "me".
I won't even patronize businesses that crow at the door that they random drug test their people. And I let 'em know. I don't seem to see those signs much any more though.

You would have no job, the drug testing is a federal regulation.

Also, you would need to not ride on anything under DOT regulations because they are the ones mandating the testing. So, any store that gets supplies by truck you will not patronize, correct?

No public or private, bus, rail, or air. Are you going to live by it?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Some among us just can't rest until they can use gummint to control everybody else's lives.... :rolleyes:

No one in this thread has asked for a government law to stop its use. I have no problem with its legality. Unhealthy snack foods and Taco Bell will flourish! They are going to tax the hell out of it, good for the states.

Sorry, that's another myth.

We'll see. I have issues with the intelligence of people that inhale smoke into their lungs and think it can't hurt them.

Last edited:
Bunch of pot heads lounging on the grass and grooving to the music in their heads makes redneck moonshiners look like Harvard grads.

After traveling the world, meeting with medical experts and medical marijuana patients, Gupta concludes "we have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that."
9 Reasons Why Sanjay Gupta Changed His Mind About Marijuana

Many plants have medicinal purposes, even tobacco. The coca plants have great uses. It's man perverting the use that is the problem.

There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

Let's move beyond your inability to use punctuation properly and concentrate on your supposition that cannabis is THE gateway drug to...what? You didn't specify.

What is caffeine the gateway to? what about manhattans, martinis, and zingers?

Great, a grammar-nazi. Just what every board needs.

So anyway, let me try this again, hopefully this will be the last time.
I'm not trying to pretend there isn't already plenty of other legal shit out there, alcohol being the worst.
I'm saying, why the hell would we want to mainstream another drug to just add to the problems we already have ?
I know stoners want to pretend that making pot legal, will not increase it's use, but that's just a complete absurdity.
Once pot is legal in most states, the availability of the drug will creep into all aspects of our society. It will eventually be common place to find pot laying around virtually everywhere, just as cigarette packages were everywhere before the 80's.
Eventually a large segment of our kids will be routinely using, knowing it will be easier than ever to obtain more.

Way to sidestep the question without addressing it.

Do you support the revised statement, or not? It's kind of a yes/no thing.

Strawman argument, I'm not taking your bait.

Ummm... no Cholly, that's not what a strawman is. You'd have a strawman if I put words in your mouth and claimed they were yours. This is a hypothetical.

Since you know this is a trap, I'll answer for you -- I put it to you that you wouldn't put such a restriction on an instrument that kills and maims people, but you would put restrictions on a natural substance that incites people to simply sit quietly and think. And maybe even laugh.

That's the flaw in your argument, and why you won't answer the hypothetical.

Amirite?

I take it from the avoidance that I hit it on the head. Violence good, thinking bad.

Guess that's that.

I don't smoke, neither cigarettes or pot, I don't think inhaling smoke into my lungs can be helpful. As far as ingesting pot in other ways...the smell is terrible, just not me idea of a good time, seems pointless.

My employment will never allow any worker to smoke pot. We have random drug testing and legal or not, it will not vibe allowed.

Yanno - if we all flatly refused to put up with that kind of shit, it would have no choice but to go away. Enabling starts with "me".
I won't even patronize businesses that crow at the door that they random drug test their people. And I let 'em know. I don't seem to see those signs much any more though.

You would have no job, the drug testing is a federal regulation.

Also, you would need to not ride on anything under DOT regulations because they are the ones mandating the testing. So, any store that gets supplies by truck you will not patronize, correct?

No public or private, bus, rail, or air. Are you going to live by it?

Bullshit.

I have plenty of work, and the few times I have been asked to sign a contract agreeing to drug testing I have flatly refused. And it was a company policy, nothing to do with a CFR. And guess what -- the job simply went on. The boss said he understood and agreed.

Jobs need people to do them, or they just flat don't get done. If people would just grow a pair and refuse to play along, the game would end. Stop bending over for the government and stand up for yourself instead of hiding behind fear. Just say no to bodily fluid confiscation.

"When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I was not a pot smoker..."

Last edited:
No one in this thread has asked for a government law to stop its use. I have no problem with its legality. Unhealthy snack foods and Taco Bell will flourish! They are going to tax the hell out of it, good for the states.

We'll see. I have issues with the intelligence of people that inhale smoke into their lungs and think it can't hurt them.

Breathing air can hurt you. You cant live in a glass bubble because of it. People have probably smoked since shortly after fire was discovered. They been smoking rat poison since the cigarette industry. We still have an overpopulation problem.

Breathing air can hurt you. You cant live in a glass bubble because of it. People have probably smoked since shortly after fire was discovered. They been smoking rat poison since the cigarette industry. We still have an overpopulation problem.

Absolutely -- anyone living near a city inhales far more smoke than a pot smoker does. Or simply being Chinese :lol:

Anyway none of that was the point; I was saying it's a myth that cannabis makes you hungry. More correctly it gives you an over-focus on whatever you're focused on. If you happen to focus on food, the Doritos are prolly doomed. If you happen to focus on something else -- no chips.

Makes me want to vomit, these embarrassing slobbering potheads are the face of our future.

Loserssssssssssssss !

DENVER (AP) — Once the province of activists and stoners, the traditional pot holiday of April 20 has gone mainstream in the first state in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana.

Tens of thousands gathered for a weekend of Colorado cannabis-themed festivals and entertainment, from a marijuana industry expo called the Cannabis Cup at a trade center north of downtown to 4/20-themed concerts at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater — acts include Slightly Stoopid and Snoop Dogg — to a massive festival at Civic Center Park, in the shadow of the state capitol, where clouds of cannabis smoke are expected to waft at 4:20 p.m. MDT Sunday.

The smokeout is planned despite public consumption of marijuana remaining illegal in Colorado.

Festivities got off to a slow start on Sunday. At noon, as bells from the Catholic cathedral a few blocks away rang out over downtown to signal the end of Easter services, only a few hundred people milled around Civic Center Park. The smell of marijuana was detectable, but mild.

The Civic Center Park event is the most visible sign of the pot holiday's transformation. It started as a defiant gathering of marijuana activists, but this year the event has an official city permit, is organized by an events management company and featured booths selling funnel cakes and Greek food next to kiosks hawking hemp lollipops and glass pipes.

Gavin Beldt, one of the organizers, said in a statement that the event is now a "celebration of legal status for its use in Colorado and our launch of an exciting new experience for those attending. "

Denver is just one of many cities across the country where 4/20 marijuana celebrations are planned Sunday.

In Trenton, N.J., speakers urged a crowd of about 150 gathered at the statehouse to push state and federal lawmakers to legalize or decriminalize marijuana and called on Gov. Chris Christie to do what he can to help medical marijuana patients.

In San Francisco, Police Chief Greg Suhr said his officers would be cracking down on illegal parking, camping, drug sales, underage drinking and open alcohol containers at Golden Gate Park's Hippie Hill. Officials don't want the unofficial pot holiday to disrupt Easter Sunday activities in the park.

In Washington, thousands celebrated in the only other state to legalize marijuana. Events included a Snoop Dogg show Saturday night as well as an event sponsored by Seattle's Dope Magazine, with a $99 "judge's pass" available that included 10 marijuana samples.

Back in Colorado, University of Colorado officials closed the Boulder campus to all but students, faculty and staff on Sunday to ensure no 4/20 celebrations were held. Spokesman Ryan Huff said the tactic was working, with no arrests reported Sunday. The university says marking 4/20 is contrary to its mission of research, teaching and learning, and in the past, it has seeded a main lawn with fertilizer to keep revelers away.

While the weekend was for celebrating, recent events have brought serious scrutiny to Colorado's experiment with legalizing marijuana. Denver police say a man ate marijuana-infused candy before shooting and killing his wife on Monday, an attack dispatchers heard during a 911 call the woman had placed. Her death followed that of a college student who traveled to Colorado with friends from Wyoming for spring break, ate more than the recommended dose of a marijuana-laced cookie, and jumped to his death from a hotel balcony in Denver. State lawmakers are debating how to increase safety regulations.

On Saturday, the first day of a two-day festival in Denver, only a few people lingered on the steps of a Roman-style amphitheater where marijuana activists spoke angrily about bans on the drug in other states. Thousands instead lingered on the park's broad lawns, listening to hip-hop music blasting from the sound stage and enjoying the fresh, albeit marijuana-scented, air.

"It's a lot mellower this year," said Cody Andrews, 29, of Denver. "It's more of a venue now. More vendor-y."

Last year's event was marred by an unsolved shooting that wounded three. This year a fence rings the park. Security guards in protective gear roam the grounds, and all entrants are being checked for weapons.

Denver police said Sunday that they had issued 21 citations for public consumption of marijuana and arrested one person accused of attempting to distribute the drug on Saturday, and issued another seven citations Sunday. Marijuana sales are regulated in the state.

Plenty of participants didn't waiting until 4/20 proper to light up despite public consumption of marijuana remaining illegal. On Saturday, Jairin Genung, 25, of Aurora, sat on the grass with friends, including one who was carefully rolling a thick joint.

"We're going to light up no matter what," Genung said. "If you can't smoke at the 4/20 rally, it just doesn't make sense."

The whole scene was wonderfully surreal for Bud Long, 49, from Kalamazoo, Mich., who recalled taking part in his first 4/20 protest in 1984.

"Nationwide, it'll be decriminalized," he predicted, "and we'll be doing this in every state."

How do you feel about those 20-somethings who work in the financial services industry, move other peoples money around with no guarantee anyone but themselves will earn a profit and spend their late afternoons and evenings drinking $12 to $15 dollar cocktails?

At least they're not sleeping until 3pm and eating all the Doritos.

The term 420 is said to come from a high school that let out at 420. The minor students would gather to smoke dope. This celebration of children getting high on a daily basis may not be the reason. Likely the reason for the term 420 comes from nazi motorcycle gangs that sold drugs to pay for white supremacist activities and would wish themselves and their customers a happy 420. The date of 4/20 was marked with drug fueled parties just like the one in Denver.

What happened to you knowing history??? Well history other than about Adolf...

Forum List

Back