The woman who falsely accused the black guy of threating her when he asked her to put the leash on her dog

Just one more reason not to acknowledge any other people when out in public.

Seriously I just ignore anyone I don't know who tries to talk to me when I'm out in public.

If some guy asked me to put my dog on a leash when I know my dog is extremely well behaved and will not move more than 2 feet away from me while on a heel and will sit right at my feet and stay there when I tell him I would just ignore him.

If she had just ignored that guy she would not have lost her job.

You have to watch the video to see how quickly she goes from being affronted to a hysterical female, her voice getting higher and higher and more quivery as she claims to 911 that she's being threatened by a black man and her life is in imminent danger.

And there are people on this message board who swear racism died in the U.S. with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and black folks should be all better now.
A woman identified as Amy Cooper said she would call police and claim the man threatened her life after he asked her to leash her dog in Central Park.

Central Park confrontation between white woman and black man goes viral
May 26, 202002:29

May 26, 2020, 12:58 PM PDT / Updated May 26, 2020, 3:03 PM PDT
By Doha Madani and Morgan Radford

A white woman who called police alleging that a black man was threatening her in Central Park in New York after he asked her to put her dog on a leash was fired Tuesday.

The investment management company Franklin Templeton said it fired the woman, Amy Cooper, after an internal review after video of the incident was posted online. In the video, Cooper says she is going to call police and claim that an "African American man" is threatening her life.

"Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately," Franklin Templeton said in a statement. "We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton."

Video of the incident had been viewed more than 29 million times as of Tuesday afternoon after it was posted to Twitter.
Christian Cooper, no relation to Amy Cooper, said he was in the park bird-watching when he noticed the dog off the leash. He told NBC News that he approached to ask the woman walking the dog to put it back on a leash, which is the park's policy.

He said Tuesday that unleashed dogs have been a longstanding issue in the Ramble, a wooded area of Central Park, and that it wasn't his first confrontation after having asked dog owners to leash their dogs. As an avid bird-watcher, Christian Cooper said, he is often in the Ramble and asks for dogs to be leashed to preserve the area's environment and wildlife.

"You know, dogs off the leash in the Ramble is not anything comparable to the civil rights movement," he said. "But one of the things I got from growing up that way is that when people trample on your rights, you don't take that lying down. You push back. And that's what I do."

Christian Cooper said he began recording when the woman refused to leash her dog, and he said that was when she said she would call the police. He told NBC News that he didn't want to "dehumanize" himself by giving in to what he considered an attempt at "racial intimidation."

He said he wanted to move beyond the single incident, which he described as a rash judgment by a woman in a stressful situation, and focus on the larger discussion of racial bias in America.

"That undercurrent of sort of black people being treated as other, as not being seen as somebody's son or somebody's father or his brother and instead being treated as a menace under all circumstances just by being brown-skin, that undercurrent is the problem," he said.

Amy Cooper later told NBC New York that she admitted to overreacting and was sorry. She claimed that Christian Cooper was yelling and that she felt concerned because he didn't know what was in dog treats he was carrying.

"When I think about the police, I'm such a blessed person. I've come to realize, especially today, that I think of [the police] as a protection agency, and unfortunately, this has caused me to realize that there are so many people in this country that don't have that luxury," she said.

Amy Cooper has not responded to NBC News' request for comment.

Christian Cooper confirmed to NBC News that he does carry dog treats to get owners to leash their dogs, "because they don't want their dog eating treats" from a stranger.

Christian Cooper said he hadn't seen Amy Cooper's apology, but he said he felt he could accept it as long as she was sincere and "willing to put in the work."

"You know, she's clearly got some issues that she's going to have to address and do some reflection," he said. "And, you know, confront some underlying attitudes of her own."

Overall, he said, he wishes her no ill.

"Let's just get on with our lives, keep our dogs on the leash in protected areas, and nobody has to go through any of this nonsense anymore," he said.

Image: Doha Madani
Doha Madani
White woman fired after calling NYPD on black man who asked her to leash dog in Central Park

Her punishment will be far more severe than the seriousness of her crime. She will spend the rest of her life in hiding because of the death threats. She will never be able to get a job again. Everyone she knows, except her few real friends, will disown her.

There is racism among all races. Racism will never be gone because there will always be people who refuse to look past one's color. It's a fact of life.

Her punishment will be far more severe than the seriousness of her crime. She will spend the rest of her life in hiding because of the death threats. She will never be able to get a job again. Everyone she knows, except her few real friends, will disown her.

Which is a shame. She was simply too proud to admit she'd made a mistake, so you tried to blame the other guy. There are idiots like that everywhere. But, maybe she can get a makeover and start over somewhere else. If she can just learn to keep her mouth shut long enough to do that.

The thing is she's probably a liberal. The Jacobins always gun for the Girondists.

You have to watch the video to see how quickly she goes from being affronted to a hysterical female, her voice getting higher and higher and more quivery as she claims to 911 that she's being threatened by a black man and her life is in imminent danger.

And there are people on this message board who swear racism died in the U.S. with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and black folks should be all better now.
A woman identified as Amy Cooper said she would call police and claim the man threatened her life after he asked her to leash her dog in Central Park.

Central Park confrontation between white woman and black man goes viral
May 26, 202002:29

May 26, 2020, 12:58 PM PDT / Updated May 26, 2020, 3:03 PM PDT
By Doha Madani and Morgan Radford

A white woman who called police alleging that a black man was threatening her in Central Park in New York after he asked her to put her dog on a leash was fired Tuesday.

The investment management company Franklin Templeton said it fired the woman, Amy Cooper, after an internal review after video of the incident was posted online. In the video, Cooper says she is going to call police and claim that an "African American man" is threatening her life.

"Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately," Franklin Templeton said in a statement. "We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton."

Video of the incident had been viewed more than 29 million times as of Tuesday afternoon after it was posted to Twitter.
Christian Cooper, no relation to Amy Cooper, said he was in the park bird-watching when he noticed the dog off the leash. He told NBC News that he approached to ask the woman walking the dog to put it back on a leash, which is the park's policy.

He said Tuesday that unleashed dogs have been a longstanding issue in the Ramble, a wooded area of Central Park, and that it wasn't his first confrontation after having asked dog owners to leash their dogs. As an avid bird-watcher, Christian Cooper said, he is often in the Ramble and asks for dogs to be leashed to preserve the area's environment and wildlife.

"You know, dogs off the leash in the Ramble is not anything comparable to the civil rights movement," he said. "But one of the things I got from growing up that way is that when people trample on your rights, you don't take that lying down. You push back. And that's what I do."

Christian Cooper said he began recording when the woman refused to leash her dog, and he said that was when she said she would call the police. He told NBC News that he didn't want to "dehumanize" himself by giving in to what he considered an attempt at "racial intimidation."

He said he wanted to move beyond the single incident, which he described as a rash judgment by a woman in a stressful situation, and focus on the larger discussion of racial bias in America.

"That undercurrent of sort of black people being treated as other, as not being seen as somebody's son or somebody's father or his brother and instead being treated as a menace under all circumstances just by being brown-skin, that undercurrent is the problem," he said.

Amy Cooper later told NBC New York that she admitted to overreacting and was sorry. She claimed that Christian Cooper was yelling and that she felt concerned because he didn't know what was in dog treats he was carrying.

"When I think about the police, I'm such a blessed person. I've come to realize, especially today, that I think of [the police] as a protection agency, and unfortunately, this has caused me to realize that there are so many people in this country that don't have that luxury," she said.

Amy Cooper has not responded to NBC News' request for comment.

Christian Cooper confirmed to NBC News that he does carry dog treats to get owners to leash their dogs, "because they don't want their dog eating treats" from a stranger.

Christian Cooper said he hadn't seen Amy Cooper's apology, but he said he felt he could accept it as long as she was sincere and "willing to put in the work."

"You know, she's clearly got some issues that she's going to have to address and do some reflection," he said. "And, you know, confront some underlying attitudes of her own."

Overall, he said, he wishes her no ill.

"Let's just get on with our lives, keep our dogs on the leash in protected areas, and nobody has to go through any of this nonsense anymore," he said.

Image: Doha Madani
Doha Madani
White woman fired after calling NYPD on black man who asked her to leash dog in Central Park

So should she be hung in in Times Square for all to see?

Basically that's whats being done to her, but economically so the mob can vent and not think they are ruining someone.

Its interesting as to how much more harshly this broad is being treated compared to that Jussie Smollett character who also made a false report to the police. Smollett has still not fessed up and is still glorified as a civil rights icon being both proudly black and proudly taking it in the caboose.

Poor victimized baby.....

She should have thought of that before she put an innocent man's life in danger. The cops might have killed him, especially since the crazy woman had claimed he was threatening her life.

She should have thought of that before she put an innocent man's life in danger. The cops might have killed him, especially since the crazy woman had claimed he was threatening her life.

That's true enough. She was an idiot for sure.

Libs need to explain why she gave money to Obama and Bootyplug.

Libs got punked. This is how you all feel about blacks.

Are the voices in your head telling you that again, or did you hear it at an altRight militia meeting?

If you fear someone and he or she is black wait till he is stabbing you to call 911.....

Libs need to explain why she gave money to Obama and Bootyplug.

Libs got punked. This is how you all feel about blacks.

Haha....that's so funny. It's like most of those people who claim to be so "woke" and when their friends aren't around their true colors shine through.

Forum List

Back