The War of Southern Aggression

I can't believe this subject is still discussed with so much rancor almost 160 years after the fact.
Humiliation and resentment echoes for generations.
The Army of the Tennessee and the The Army of the Ohio under Sherman borrowed many 'tactics' of the Southern Army. Sherman spent many years in the South before the war and "knew them well".
If you want to get a sense of the man, read the correspondence between him and Confederate General Hood during the siege of Atlanta. Sherman basically told him that Southerners brought on the war to their home and hearth. He also politely told Hood to shove it.
I already posted it in the "Lincoln = t3h H1TL3R!!1!" thread, but hey, might as well.
I say that it is kindness to these families of Atlanta to remove them now, at once, from scenes that women and children should not be exposed to, and the "brave people" should scorn to commit their wives and children to the rude barbarians who thus, as you say, violate the laws of war, as illustrated in the pages of its dark history.

In the name of common-sense, I ask you not to appeal to a just God in such a sacrilegious manner. You who, in the midst of peace and prosperity, have plunged a nation into war— dark and cruel war—who dared and badgered us to battle, insulted our flag, seized our arsenals and forts that were left in the honorable custody of peaceful ordnance-sergeants, seized and made "prisoners of war" the very garrisons sent to protect your people against negroes and Indians, long before any overt act was committed by the (to you) hated Lincoln Government; tried to force Kentucky and Missouri into rebellion, [in] spite of themselves; falsified the vote of Louisiana; turned loose your privateers to plunder unarmed ships; expelled Union families by the thousands, burned their houses, and declared, by an act of your Congress, the confiscation of all debts due Northern men for goods had and received! Talk thus to the marines, but not to me, who have seen these things, and who will this day make as much sacrifice for the peace and honor of the South as the best-born Southerner among you! If we must be enemies, let us be men, and fight it out as we propose to do, and not deal in such hypocritical appeals to God and humanity. God will judge us in due time, and he will pronounce whether it be more humane to fight with a town full of women and the families of a brave people at our back or to remove them in time to places of safety among their own friends and people.
--from a letter, dated 10 Sep 1864, from W.T. Sherman to J.B. Hood
Fuck off, dirtbag.

The South and Southerners aren't afraid of YOU or your stupid threats.

In FACT....I think there are a LOT of Southerners who'd dearly love a chance at a re-match. Cuz they'd kick your lily-livered, yellow-bellied, liberal, yankee asses. BAD.

You weepy, whiny, pansy ass Yanks would be be BEGGING FOR MERCY when we got done with you.

So...bring it. (as if you even HAVE it to bring). You bad ass liberals. :rofl:
Yank? My family's from Alabama. My great great great grandfather served under General Forrest, and he was a right son of a bitch; I've read his journal. He fought to keep the "abolition hordes" from freeing the negroes and forcing his daughters to marry them, whatever the hell that idea came from. Of course, being a slaveholder himself, he also had more of a direct self-interest, as well as a hatred for any black man in any position other than that of slave; after Forrest's division massacred the defending colored artillerymen at Fort Pillow, he wrote his approval of the action, saying that such should be the fate of any slave who dared take up arms against the white man.

As an ancestor of this man and of a long line of Southern heritage, I say the South deserved to burn and the road from Richmond to Washington lined with the hanged bodies of the insurgent leaders. That Lincoln and Johnson were more merciful than that speaks well of them, but it would have been just. That you defend this scourge upon the history of man is disgusting.

Forrest, let's not forget, was a slave trader as well: a vile person.
Slave trader, planter, first Grand Wizard of the Klan... Yes, I know it all.

Last edited:
Fuck off, dirtbag.

In FACT....I think there are a LOT of Southerners who'd dearly love a chance at a re-match. Cuz they'd kick your lily-livered, yellow-bellied, liberal, yankee asses. BAD.

You weepy, whiny, pansy ass Yanks would be be BEGGING FOR MERCY when we got done with you.

Yank? My family's from Alabama. My great great great grandfather served under General Forrest, and he was a right son of a bitch; I've read his journal. He fought to keep the "abolition hordes" from freeing the negroes and forcing his daughters to marry them, whatever the hell that idea came from. Of course, being a slaveholder himself, he also had more of a direct self-interest, as well as a hatred for any black man in any position other than that of slave; after Forrest's division massacred the defending colored artillerymen at Fort Pillow, he wrote his approval of the action, saying that such should be the fate of any slave who dared take up arms against the white man.

As an ancestor of this man and of a long line of Southern heritage, I say the South deserved to burn and the road from Richmond to Washington lined with the hanged bodies of the insurgent leaders. That Lincoln and Johnson were more merciful than that speaks well of them, but it would have been just. That you defend this scourge upon the history of man is disgusting.

Forrest, let's not forget, was a slave trader as well: a vile person.
To his credit, Forrest later renounced that 1st Klan, and even advocated for the admission of blacks into law school.

The roots of nullification go much deeper than just John C. Calhoun, to the days of Jefferson and Madison and the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798.

And if the south was such a nuisance to the north it would seem like good policy to simply wish them well and let them go, rather than waging a war to force them to stay.

NO SHIT.

I live surrounded by the ghosts of Sherman and his blood thirsty mayhem. Literally.

I can't drive more than a mile before I am driving past a Confederate battlefield, or a sign memorializing an important building or home Sherman burned to the ground--occupants included.

FUCK you Yankees....

I like what Lewis Grizzard had to say about you and your ilk....

He said it just right...and God Rest His Soul, I wish he was here still to stuff your head up your ass!

Lewis M. Grizzard said:
The issue on my mind is white Southerners like myself.

They don't like us. They don't trust us. They want to tell us why we're wrong. They want to tell us how we should change.

They is practically every s.o.b. who isn't one of us.

I read a piece on the op-ed page of the Constitution written by somebody who in the jargon of my past "ain't from around here."

He wrote white Southerners are always looking back and that we should look forward. He said that about me.

I'm looking back? I live in one of the most progressive cities in the world. We built a subway to make Yankees feel at home.

And I live in a region the rest of the country can't wait to move to.

A friend, also a native Southerner, who shares my anger about the constant belittling of our kind and our place in this world, put it this way: "Nobody is going into an Atlanta bar tonight celebrating because they've just been transferred to New Jersey."

Damn straight.

I was having lunch at an Atlanta golf club recently. I was talking with friends.

A man sitting at another table heard me speaking and asked, "Where are you all from?" He was mocking me. He was mocking my Southern accent. He was sitting in Atlanta, Ga., and was making fun of the way I speak.

He was from Toledo. He had been transferred to Atlanta. If I hadn't have been 46 years old, skinny and a basic coward with a bad heart, I'd have punched him. I did, however, give him a severe verbal dressing down.

I was in my doctor's office in Atlanta. One of the women who works there, a transplanted Northerner, asked how I pronounced the world "siren."

I said I pronounced it "si-reen." I was half kidding, but that is the way I heard the word pronounced when I was a child.

The woman laughed and said, "You Southerners really crack me up. You have a language all your own."

Yeah we do. If you don't like it, go back home and stick your head in a snow bank.

They want to tell us how to speak, how to live, what to eat, what to think and they also want to tell us how they used to do it back in Buffalo.

Buffalo? What was the score? A hundred and ten to Zip.

The man writing on the op-ed page was writing about that bumper sticker that shows the old Confederate soldier and he's saying, "FERGIT HELL!" I don't go around sulking about the fact the South lost the Civil War. But I am aware that once upon a long time ago, a group of Americans saw fit to rebel against what they thought was an overbearing federal government. There is no record anywhere that indicates anybody in my family living in 1861 owned slaves. As a matter of fact, I come from a long line of sharecroppers, horse thieves and used car dealers. But a few of them fought anyway -- not to keep their slaves, because they didn't have any. I guess they simply thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

Whatever the reason, there was a citizenry that once saw fit to fight and die and I come from all that, and I look at those people as brave and gallant, and a frightful force until their hearts and their lands were burnt away.

I will never turn my back on that heritage.

But know this: I'm a white man and I'm a Southerner. And I'm sick of being told what is wrong with me from outside critics, and I'm tired of being stereotyped as a refugee from "God's Little Acre."

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, and I'll probably have to say it a thousand times again.

Delta may be hurting financially, but it's still ready to take you back to Toledo when you are ready to go.

-- Published Feb. 5, 1993

Too bad...the Southern Aristocrats wrote checks they couldn't cash....the U.S. just showed them that War is Hell. Bummer for them. They're lucky the political leaders weren't hung as traitors when it was all over.

Yeah, I knew you couldn't take it. :lol::lol::lol: Never met an unreconstructed confederate who wasn't a puke. Word.

Whatever, you fuckwhit. You're not worth my time or trouble.

I am a mother
, I have responsibilities and that doesn't mean sitting here on USMB all day/night. My kids just got back from a week at their Dads. Spending time with THEM is WAY more important than dealing with a whiny, diarrhea-mouthed shithead like you.

Doh, dumbass. :cuckoo:

Your actions define white-trash American female
. You have nothing of merit, worth, or good to offer society. Until you realize how damaged you truly are, you will continue to spew the vile bile.
Wow, you're fucked in the head starkey.

Fuck off, dirtbag.

Yeah, I knew you couldn't take it. :lol::lol::lol: Never met an unreconstructed confederate who wasn't a puke. Word.

I am a mother, I have responsibilities and that doesn't mean sitting here on USMB all day/night. My kids just got back from a week at their Dads. Spending time with THEM is WAY more important than dealing with a whiny, diarrhea-mouthed shithead like you.

Why oh why do we always get subjected to Jeny's family drama on every single thread she's in, no matter what the topic? Why? Why are we being punished???????? :blahblah:

Too bad...the Southern Aristocrats wrote checks they couldn't cash.............

This from a piece of bog irish trailer trash who never tires of blathering about her glorious hyphenated ancestry. There is a reason the English Aristocrats shipped your ancestor's to ellis island after tumbling their shacks. Yeppers the sheep brought in as replacements were more productive, better looking and certainly smelled better.

This from a piece of bog irish trailer trash who never tires of blathering about her glorious hyphenated ancestry. There is a reason the English Aristocrats shipped your ancestor's to ellis island after tumbling their shacks. Yeppers the sheep brought in as replacements were more productive, better looking and certainly smelled better.

:rofl: Is that the best you've got? I mean....seriously? It doesn't even make sense. :rofl:

I am a mother
, I have responsibilities and that doesn't mean sitting here on USMB all day/night. My kids just got back from a week at their Dads. Spending time with THEM is WAY more important than dealing with a whiny, diarrhea-mouthed shithead like you.

Your actions define white-trash American female
. You have nothing of merit, worth, or good to offer society. Until you realize how damaged you truly are, you will continue to spew the vile bile.
Wow, you're fucked in the head starkey.

Why? She never has anything of merit to add. The unreconstructe confederate crap is old. They got beat, righteously and rightfully and religiously so. I don't tolerate a bully. They are all losers.

:rofl: Is that the best you've got? I mean....seriously? It doesn't even make sense. :rofl:

nra4life simply is nonsensical, right along with Jeny. Couple of losers big time.

nra4life simply is nonsensical, right along with Jeny. Couple of losers big time.
It's so "quaint" (cough) how he calls Obama's children "pickaninnies."

Last edited:
OK, shame on me, but the reactionaries far to the right of the conservatives are simply wack jobs.

Last edited:

................. I mean....seriously? It doesn't even make sense. QUOTE]

To your sort Truth never does make sense.

................. I mean....seriously? It doesn't even make sense. QUOTE]

To your sort Truth never does make sense.

I'm glad you capitalized "Truth"...giving it a pet name....unfortunately, your pet, Truth, ran away from you...you were NOT a good owner.

Forum List

Back