South Carolina finds $1.8B, but doesn’t know where the money came from

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

South Carolina has collected about $1.8 billion in a bank account over the past decade and state and private accountants are still trying to figure out where the cash came from and where it was supposed to go.

“It’s like going into your bank and the bank president tells you we have a lot of money in our vault but we just don’t know who it belongs to,” said Republican Sen. Larry Grooms, who is leading a Senate panel investigating the problem.

It’s the latest trouble with the state’s books and the two agencies, typically led by elected officials, that are in charge of making sure government accounts stay balanced.

LOL....Isn't there a law where all unaccounted for money automatically goes to Ukraine? ;)

I found $5 in a shirt pocket and thought I was doing good. How do you find over a billion?

I'm jelly.

If that happened in Canada the government of jurisdiction would take the money money and quietly add it to the governments coffers for the fiscal year and they would tell us what a great job they have been doing balancing the budget. Or, as advised above, it would be furiously spent on some boondoggles and special interests.

South Carolina has collected about $1.8 billion in a bank account over the past decade and state and private accountants are still trying to figure out where the cash came from and where it was supposed to go.

“It’s like going into your bank and the bank president tells you we have a lot of money in our vault but we just don’t know who it belongs to,” said Republican Sen. Larry Grooms, who is leading a Senate panel investigating the problem.

It’s the latest trouble with the state’s books and the two agencies, typically led by elected officials, that are in charge of making sure government accounts stay balanced.

LOL....Isn't there a law where all unaccounted for money automatically goes to Ukraine? ;)

I found $5 in a shirt pocket and thought I was doing good. How do you find over a billion?

I'm jelly.
Heil Haley!

That's where Neo-Con Nikki stashed her campaign funds from the Globalists.

I'm jelly.

Ghost funds. Now they should invest it in ghost guns.

SC has a lot of ghosts.

It's nice to see a state government with extra cash instead of debt. If Cali. or NY or DC found 1.8billion, they'd immediately spend 2.8 billion, irresponsible assholes that they are. Good for South Carolina.
Well..that's a interesting spin on long-term egregious financial incompetence! This stems back to 2010 and a botched transition to a computer system.
Basically, the money was shunted to this account every time the books wouldn't balance...in a planned desire to fool the the oversight processes and the public.
I doubt that the SC govt. is seeing this as good for the state, given that they had a 3b+ shortfall in their budget..that could have been addressed.
Once again, you crow while the people get screwed.

Last edited:

I'm jelly.
/------/ Excuse me, folks, I have a question. Last year I went to South Carolina, and by happenstance, I misplaced my $1.8 billion. Has anyone seen it? I'll pay a $10 reward if you help me retrieve it.

I'm jelly.

Probably from tax liens and foreclosures

Clearly the government needs more money

/------/ Excuse me, folks, I have a question. Last year I went to South Carolina, and by happenstance, I misplaced my $1.8 billion. Has anyone seen it? I'll pay a $10 reward if you help me retrieve it.
Please send me $5,000 for processing fee (Nigerian bank) and you'll have your cash by the weekend~

I'm jelly.
They can share it with Houston who lost their money.

/----/ OOOPS. I accidentally sent you a check for $15,000. Please deposit it and send me the $10,000 balance in the form of Target gift cards.

Before we met, my wife actually got scammed into being sent a bunch of bogus USPS money orders to cash for some African scammer that contacted her online. She took them to the District Attorney, but they didn't even confiscate them. I burned them in the trash later, after we were married.

/------/ Last year I went to South Carolina, and by happenstance, I misplaced my $1.8 billion. Has anyone seen it? I'll pay a $10 reward if you help me retrieve it.
Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys

Reminds me of something so serious it's not allowed to be talked about. The employee-inventor of the polymerase chain reaction got one penny for every $100 the corporate parasites got. The inventor of Valium and the inventor of television got the same raw deal from the anti-New Dealer clique. Science is for suckers until the MENSAns man up.

Before we met, my wife actually got scammed into being sent a bunch of bogus USPS money orders to cash for some African scammer that contacted her online. She took them to the District Attorney, but they didn't even confiscate them. I burned them in the trash later, after we were married.
Big Oil Got Visas for Nigerians and Saudi Terrorists

Forum List

Back