The War of Southern Aggression

Fuck off, dirtbag.

The South and Southerners aren't afraid of YOU or your stupid threats.

In FACT....I think there are a LOT of Southerners who'd dearly love a chance at a re-match. Cuz they'd kick your lily-livered, yellow-bellied, liberal, yankee asses. BAD.

You weepy, whiny, pansy ass Yanks would be be BEGGING FOR MERCY when we got done with you.

So...bring it. (as if you even HAVE it to bring). You bad ass liberals. :rofl:

Yeah, I knew you couldn't take it. :lol::lol::lol: Never met an unreconstructed confederate who wasn't a puke. Word.

Whatever, you fuckwhit. You're not worth my time or trouble.

I am a mother, I have responsibilities and that doesn't mean sitting here on USMB all day/night. My kids just got back from a week at their Dads. Spending time with THEM is WAY more important than dealing with a whiny, diarrhea-mouthed shithead like you.

Doh, dumbass. :cuckoo:

anyone want to point out to jenye the irony in someone with a foul mouth like hers complaining about someone else's language....

as she calls him a fuckwit, a shithead and a dumbass?

:eusa_whistle:

project much?

Nope not at all.

I see you have been busy showing solidarity with the rest of the LezBo Bitch Coven. You 'ladies' must be having the monthly bitch-in-sync roundtable, eh.

why is it always insane losers like you who amuse yourselves by saying any woman you disagree with is a lesbian?

does that make losers like you feel like having microscopic genitalia doesn't matter so much?

just because someone thinks you're a loser, doesn't mean they're gay... it just means you're a loser.

While I didn't get a chance to go through the thread, it looks like it got a bit off topic.

Anyway I thought this stuff interesting.

"Her conclusion is that the Americans who fought the Civil War overwhelmingly thought they were fighting about slavery, and that we should take their word for it."

AmericanHeritage.com / Why the Civil War Was Fought, Really

Southern Arguments for and Against Secession from the Union - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

AmericanHeritage.com / How the North Lost the Civil War

Just rereading the ebb and flow of this debate.

Kudos to those of you who have been seeking to make your agurments using understandable logic supported by documentation.

Some issues here are entirely based on what we believe, and some not.

For example, if one posits that states have every right to succeed, and another takes the position that they do not, there really is no debate possible.

The consitution is somewhat unclear about that, so that debate is impossible to end.

However there is no shortage of evidence to support the view that the Southern States went to war over the issue of slavery.

Rogue 9 and others documented the evidence that supports THAT argument about as well as can be done.

The motivation of the Southern Rebs to break away from the Union was slavery.

Tariffs, while certainly an issue, were NOT the primary cause of the war.

That revisionist argument is NOT sustainable, because the Rebs themselves did not identify it as their primary concern.

We've been here before Kevin.

The South fired the first shots even before Lincoln was President.

Yes, in another act of belligerence by Lincoln's predecessor, at least he had the sense not to escalate the situation. This prior incident also shows that Lincoln knew what the consequences of his actions would be, and still went ahead and tried to resupply Fort Sumter. He knew the south would attack, and he knew he could use that to get public opinion on his side for a war with the south.

Buchanan did nothing to provoke the South, nor did he take decisive action to quell the crisis. The latter is why he consistently ranks at the bottom of lists of presidential greatness.

Forum List

Back