The Wall - Why it's a dumb idea

We have a pretty sizable PR population here. The only PR's that I met that don't know English are those who recently arrived--not those that grew up here.
So you think those recently arriving "AMERICAN CITIZENS" standing in line with food stamps are illegals?

Youre right, walls dont work, but if you allow US citizens to shoot trespassers, soon the stinking bodies will be enough of a deterrent to stop future trespassers.

View attachment 536622
Well instead of finishing the wall we could declare the Mexican border to be a free fire zone.

That would work to stop the flow of illegals but likely piss democrats off. They would riot, loot and burn as usual.

***snip***

Vietnam War

Returning veterans, affected civilians and others have said that U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV), based on the assumption that all friendly forces had been cleared from the area, established a policy designating "free-fire zones" as areas in which:

• Anyone unidentified is considered an enemy combatant
  • Soldiers were to shoot anyone moving around after curfew without first making sure that they were hostile.

Where did you get something like that? I was making reference to your comment that Puerto Rican's grow up here without learning English.
I never said where the Puerto Ricans "grew up", that;s an invention of your imagination. I said that Puerto Ricans, as Americans Citizens, are still apt to not speak english with someone else who speaks spanish.

Last edited:
Well instead of finishing the wall we could declare the Mexican border to be a free fire zone.

I was thinking of doing that for the restricted areas of Congress. So the Ashli Babbits wouldn't have to even break a window to be in violation.

I was thinking of doing that for the restricted areas of Congress. So the Ashli Babbits wouldn't have to even break a window to be in violation.
If you did that it might finally get the conservatives to do some serious rioting for a change.

If you did that it might finally get the conservatives to do some serious rioting for a change.
Bring it on.
the capacity of the U.S. military to produce small arms ammunition is 1.6 billion rounds per year. 99% of small arms ammunition for the military is produced at the Lake City ammunition plant in Independence, Missouri.

Did the national guard fire 1.6 billion rounds or just 1.5 billion? Do you feel lucky punk?

You leftists have terrible memories.
Who grows up in this country without learning basic English?

Maybe you skipped civics, but Puerto Rico is part of "this country"

Hence all Puerto Ricans, grow up "in this country". Even if they never leave Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States. It became a U.S. territory in 1898, when it was acquired from Spain after the Spanish-American War. With approximately 3.4 million residents, Puerto Rico is the most highly populated of all United States territories. People who are born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens.

Currently, the United States has five major U.S. territories: American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Each such territory is partially self-governing that exists under the authority of the U.S. government.

Because they didn't speak a word of English. Who grows up in this country without learning basic English?

Didn't anybody take civics?

"This country" is the United States of America

The United States of America is a federal republic consisting of 50 states, a federal district (Washington, D.C., the capital city of the United States), five major territories, and various minor islands

Didn't anybody take civics?

"This country" is the United States of America

The United States of America is a federal republic consisting of 50 states, a federal district (Washington, D.C., the capital city of the United States), five major territories, and various minor islands
So where don't they learn English as a child?

Maybe you skipped civics, but Puerto Rico is part of "this country"

Hence all Puerto Ricans, grow up "in this country". Even if they never leave Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States. It became a U.S. territory in 1898, when it was acquired from Spain after the Spanish-American War. With approximately 3.4 million residents, Puerto Rico is the most highly populated of all United States territories. People who are born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens.
Puerto Ricans speak English, moron.

I never said where the Puerto Ricans "grew up", that;s an invention of your imagination. I said that Puerto Ricans, as Americans Citizens, are still apt to not speak english with someone else who speaks spanish.
In other words, they speak English.

Puerto Ricans speak English, moron.
That's "some" Puerto Ricans speak english.

in Puerto Rico. Spanish is the dominant language of business, education and daily life on the island, spoken by over 95% of the population.

Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man. Whatever can be built by man, can be destroyed by him.

General George Patton - 1942

Over 90% of the land boarding the Rio Grande is privately owned. The State or Federal Government cannot simply steal land from private owners and start building a wall. Legal cases involving eminent domain can be challenged in court, and many have gone on for years on appeal, going back to the days of GW Bush when he tried it. This will cost the Government a great deal in time and money for each case (and there are thousands of them) The Government won't win all these cases, leaving many large gap's in the wall that illegal immigrants can simply walk through. Then there are building permits, along with these will come challenges from city and county counsels over size limitations and zoning restrictions, all this in each city and county along the border before construction can begin (...and if you really think Mexico is going to pay for all this, I'll sell you the Brooklyn bridge - cheap!)

A faster, cheaper, and more effective plan, will be to increase funding for additional border patrol units and invest in more high tech surveillance equipment, rather than trying to use 9th century solution to a 21st century problem.
This argument makes no sense. If nearly all the land at the border is “privately owned” (which it isn’t), then why would Feds be able to patrol it or observe it through installed cameras?

Also, no one is making the claim that a wall by itself will stop people. It’s meant to be used in conjunction with Border Patrol agents and surveillance. A wall will certainly slow people down, to allow authorities to arrive and detain illegals if they make it over.

If walls don’t work, so you sleep with your front door wide open?

This argument makes no sense. If nearly all the land at the border is “privately owned” (which it isn’t), then why would Feds be able to patrol it or observe it through installed cameras?
The same way that cellphone towers litter private property throughout the united states. As small structures, they are able to get easements for their placement and maintenance.

Forum List

Back