The Wall - Why it's a dumb idea

the 30 ft wall is cheap compared to the cost of illegals, you fucking moron.

It could save money, but then how would we trust Democrats to actually deploy them?

The wall at best stops less than 50% of the illegal mexicans entering the country, who do so with visas and passports.

Actually it's about allocating resources, and using better surveillance instead of barricades.
The difference in cost of a 15 foot fence, and a 30 foot wall is staggering. Yet neither will absolutely stop people, only slow them down.

The resources going into a wall, could be replaced by spending a fraction to put in ground sensors and surveillance, that would alert patrolling agents to capture them before they could get out of the area.

If you think a wall is the only thing Trump did, you better think again. Technology is being used with the walls, plus what Trump spent on the wall is about half of what we spend on food stamps in this country for just one month. I would say that's a huge investment and money better spent. I would rather see our nation more secure than to keep making fat welfare people even fatter. And oh yes, I'm using last years figures. To buy more votes, Dementia is going to increase that cost for 2022.

Yes, the left would have loved for Trump to spend money on technology only. That way when they get power, they simply turn that technology off. But a wall? Let's see them try to take those down when in power. That's why your leftist sources feed you all this bullshit walls don't work even with the overwhelming evidence they do each and every time.

They put in more security cameras, and more guards, not build taller walls.

The Border Patrol disagrees with you. Over 85% approved of Trump's walls because it would greatly help them do their job and allow them to concentrate efforts on more active territories.

What are the security cameras going to do when the perp is making a mad dash for New York?

Guards are not cheap. They are the most expensive method of controlling the border.

What a fucking moron.

Security cameras transmit images at the speed of light. That's much faster than anyone can dash to New York.

It's like one of those vanishing point type movies, where the guy speeds past the sheriff. The deputy urges the sheriff to chase the guy down, but instead the sheriff picks up his police mike.

"Radio..... faster than rubber"

Get it now?

How is the pregnant Mexican girl going to get the pullies and the rope every 30 ft of wall?

Rope ladder 13 lbs.
100 feet of parachute chord, 1 lb, grappling hook, 4 lbs. The whole rig to climb a 30 foot wall comes in under 25 lbs, including the backpack.

a 30 ft ladder would probably weigh 300 lbs. I can just see some pregnant illegal carrying a 300 lb ladder up a hill to the wall so she can climb over it.
Clown, what's that ladder made of, lead?

Keep showing that you're a moron.

If you think a wall is the only thing Trump did, you better think again. Technology is being used with the walls, plus what Trump spent on the wall is about half of what we spend on food stamps in this country for just one month.

What you leave out is, what we spend of food stamps goes to poor americans, which the wall won't do anything to stop.

Facts About Immigrants & the Food Stamp Program
Undocumented immigrants are not, and never have been, eligible for food stamps. In 1996, most lawfully residing immigrants were cut from the Food Stamp Program, ..

Even if true, which I seriously doubt, how is decreasing illegal immigration by 50% a bad outcome?
It's cost benefit. If it costs more to cut a problem in half than the problem itself.

Security cameras transmit images at the speed of light. That's much faster than anyone can dash to New York.

So what? How are security cameras going some illegal in Fort worth back on the other side of the border?
It's like one of those vanishing point type movies, where the guy speeds past the sheriff. The deputy urges the sheriff to chase the guy down, but instead the sheriff picks up his police mike.
When has a a security camera ever picked anyone up? Even if they did, Biden will just let them go.
"Radio..... faster than rubber"

Get it now?
Yes, I get that you're a fucking weasel.

What you leave out is, what we spend of food stamps goes to poor americans, which the wall won't do anything to stop.

Yeah, I see those poor Americans in my grocery store all the time. They are usually about 250 lbs and have three kids or more. In their cart are 12 packs of beer or wine, flowers and cards, 30 lbs bags of dog food, cat litter and cat food. They pay for their food with food stamps, then whip out a wad of cash for all their other goodies. We are paying to feed them, and they are using their money to feed their household full of animals.

Then when they leave the checkout, they head over to the head cashier to buy a bunch of lottery tickets and cigarettes.

The Border Patrol disagrees with you. Over 85% approved of Trump's walls because it would greatly help them do their job and allow them to concentrate efforts on more active territories.
They agreed with it because Mexico was supposed to pay for it, and it wouldn't come out of their budget or their resources.
When asked about the wall the Americans would have to pay for thus effecting their budget, they were against it.

It's cost benefit. If it costs more to cut a problem in half than the problem itself.
100% wrong.

Facts About Immigrants & the Food Stamp Program
Undocumented immigrants are not, and never have been, eligible for food stamps. In 1996, most lawfully residing immigrants were cut from the Food Stamp Program, ..
I've stood behind many illegals in the grocery store using food stamps to buy disposable diapers and formula.

Forum List

Back