The USA's Great Proud Just History.

Racism against Asian people? Yet, we fought for the Chinese. Nothing more to say, your idea just had a nail ran through it's heart. Nothing else you say is valid once your premise is destroyed.

Really? Is that why the Chinese Exclusion Act was still in effect until 1943? Because we loved Chinese people so much?

Your eagerness outstrips your knowledge.

Racism expressed against the Japanese? You have dictated such, authoritatively without stating or showing that such racism existed.

You need look no further than fdr himself for the proof.

“Japanese immigrants are not capable of assimilation into the American population,” Roosevelt claimed. “Anyone who has traveled in the Far East knows that the mingling of Asiatic blood with European or American blood produces, in nine cases out of ten, the most unfortunate results.”

Gee, what a surprise that a racist scumbag like him would throw innocent, loyal, brave Americans into concentration camps on the basis of race.

Of all the great and admirable events in US history that have shaped the world we live in, you are incapable of finding something more noble than incinerating hundreds of thousands of civilians? Shame on you. America deserves better than the likes of you.
First, it was not hundreds of thousands. The way you put it, it is more than 200k. You fall into the trap of many that are influenced by revisionist propaganda. You can not put things into context and see the whole of the events. From the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor to the Rape of Nanjing. In your tiny little comment you left out the torture and suffering of our men and for the ones with families, their suffering of their children.

I made a thread about the Greatness of the United States of America. The ending of World War II, months, maybe a year earlier is something to be proud of. The alternative, the starvation and suffering of over a million children as we lay siege to Japan. What a horrid alternative. Either way, as I stated, the Face of War is the Face of Death. Nothing is clearer than that. And I brought that up at the beginning of this thread. We also fought an entire nation, as I explained. Not simply an army on some isolated battle field.

America comes first, as a nation. We are the only beacon of Freedom in a very dark world. Freedom first, even if it means the deaths of those who fought against freedom.

If you choose to be a plagiarist, that's your decision.
As if your judgement means anything, anywhere. You can call me anything you want, it shows everyone that you can not address the content that supports my OP. That the USA is the Great, the Proud, and our history is Just.

The_Brooklyn_Daily_Eagle_Fri__Aug_10__1945_-704x1024.jpg

Of all the great and admirable events in US history that have shaped the world we live in, you are incapable of finding something more noble than incinerating hundreds of thousands of civilians? Shame on you. America deserves better than the likes of you.
First, it was not hundreds of thousands. The way you put it, it is more than 200k. ...

That is correct. A great many people died of radiation poisoning in the weeks and months that followed the initial blasts.

...I made a thread about the Greatness of the United States of America....

Which is an excellent topic for a thread. However, out of all the countless examples of American greatness you chose something questionable to say the least.

... The ending of World War II, months, maybe a year earlier is something to be proud of. ...

By that reasoning, ending the war even earlier would have been something to be even more proud of, right?

You realize that Nanjing is not and has never been part of the United States, right?
"The point was made, that from Pearl Harbor to Nanjing, the Japanese were indiscriminately killing. I most likely should of included Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Viet-Nam, China, and Manchuria in that comment. It was World War and the Japanese were killing all across Asia."

America does have a proud and just history but the world went crazy during WW2 when the strategy of killing citizens to force monsters to surrender reached a peak when America used the most horrific device ever created not once but twice on humans. Americans didn't vote for it, it was a decision made by a president who wasn't qualified and who wasn't even elected.

America does have a proud and just history but the world went crazy during WW2 when the strategy of killing citizens to force monsters to surrender reached a peak when America used the most horrific device ever created not once but twice on humans. Americans didn't vote for it, it was a decision made by a president who wasn't qualified and who wasn't even elected.
Yet, americans overwhelming wanted to end the war as soon as possible. Yes, every aspect of war is horrific, there is no doubt of that. But that said there is much to be proud of, in winning, and winning as fast as humanly possible. The bomb accomplished that.

The bomb. I can go over again on how the greatest minds in the world determined it was the best weapon to end the war. This was not merely the decision of Truman. It was the decision of many people. To begin with it was Roosevelt's decision as well as his closest aids.

Truman was definitely elected, as the vice president, in which all people who voted knew, Truman would become president if something did happen to the president. So in every sense of a vote, Truman was America's choice for president.

Qualified? Truman made the chose to end the war the quickest way possible, and the bomb was perfect for that purpose. There is no denying that as a military weapon the atomic bomb was devastating and effective. Took just two to end the war. Took just two force surrender.

I think it was more of a realization that civilians were manufacturing the bombs and repairing the planes and ships that resulted in the civilians dying.

Either way, I am proud that we ended the war as quick as we could. I am proud that because we ended the war Pappy Boyington was freed from a prisoner of war camp. I am happy that Louie Zapperini lived to tell his story.

I am proud and happy that we saved the lives of so many prisoners who then revealed the horror that was the japanese.

Given the period of history that that was, there was no way a different, more humane, history could of arouse.

Forum List

Back