The US Sun: 4 people arrested for intentionally starting wild fires.

They even look like A-holes

They need some hard time. People have died haven't they? Almost makes one wonder why they would do so. Paid by some developer directly or in a round about way? I imagine it's cheaper to clear trees that aren't there than those that are, if, there was any such intention.

Some are blaming it on global warming for another cash grab, when it's clear as was to be expected, it was man man.

Well we all make mistakes in life. These four no different I'm sure. So what I propose is they get out of prison when they paid their debt to society. Let them work in prison for minimum wage until everything they are responsible for destroying is paid back in full, and only then will they be allowed to leave prison.

Well we all make mistakes in life. These four no different I'm sure. So what I propose is they get out of prison when they paid their debt to society. Let them work in prison for minimum wage until everything they are responsible for destroying is paid back in full, and only then will they be allowed to leave prison.

They will never pay back the damage. Let's be clear, there is no punishment that will fit the crime here. This is about some sort of justice. They intentionally destroyed lives and nature. Cost the state millions of dollars on top of that.

You could rob a bank and kill someone in an exchange of gun fire and deserve less time than these four do. Last I heard 28 people had died and 100's of home destroyed. I'm not sure if any firemen died, but last time many did.

Anyone blaming these events on global warming without having the full knowledge of it either has an agenda or, an impulse problem. It as almost certain this would be the cause, when it is at such a large scale.

Last edited:

They will never pay back the damage. Let's be clear, there is no punishment that will fit the crime here. This is about some sort of justice. They intentionally destroyed lives and nature. Cost the state millions of dollars on top of that.

You could rob a bank and kill someone in an exchange of gun fire deserve less time than these four do.

They will just have to get as close as they can, or spend the rest of their lives in prison. What better deterrent could we have than having to repay what you destroyed in this country? Maybe if we started to make them repay in full, it will stop others from doing the same.

Arsonists who kill people should be tried and executed. They are no different from hard drug dealers and pedophiles.
My business lies about 8 or 10 miles from the edge of one of these. Three days ago it was 40 miles away. Before the fire started, the weather forecasts were warning people about the fire danger due to the dry conditions and the fierce 40-50 mph winds blowing from the east instead of the usual west. When I heard that, I worried that one of Kate Brown and Ted Wheeler's friends would start a fire intentionally.

Unfortunately, it is beginning to look more and more that I was right.

They need some hard time. People have died haven't they? Almost makes one wonder why they would do so. Paid by some developer directly or in a round about way? I imagine it's cheaper to clear trees that aren't there than those that are, if, there was any such intention.

Some are blaming it on global warming for another cash grab, when it's clear as was to be expected, it was man man.

Some are completely mis-understanding what is being said. That would be you.

Global warming isn't causing the fires. Its contributing to the destruction. In some cases, the more violent thunderstorms are responsible as well. However, those that blame GW for the thunder/lightning storms seem to forget we had these storms for ever. Now, the dryness from perhaps the hottest years on record...that is global warming.

Well, did you ever think that perhaps if there was a massive carbon tax on everything to stop global warming, the guy would not have been driven to go on a meth fueled arson rampage?

Global warming isn't causing the fires. Its contributing to the destruction. In some cases, the more violent thunderstorms are responsible as well. However, those that blame GW for the thunder/lightning storms seem to forget we had these storms for ever. Now, the dryness from perhaps the hottest years on record...that is global warming.

States that have intelligent people running the forrest service generally don't have fires.
The Sierra Club is basically the forrest service on the west coast.

States that have intelligent people running the forrest service generally don't have fires.
The Sierra Club is basically the forrest service on the west coast.

Do they have people that can spell the word "forest" correctly?

Forum List

Back