The US is Back

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements
The US role as “Leader of the Free World“ is over

That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements

Correct, the world isn't buying it yet, and I can't blame them.

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.
There is no indication the US has recovered its senses.

Our 2020 election was an embarrassment as Republicans tied up the results with unsubstantiated claims of a stolen election

The Jan 6 Trump Insurrection highlighted how US a democracy is in jeopardy.

Red State attacks on voting rights show we no longer value basic voter rights

The word is "evidence" you dumbass uninformed brainwashed Leftists.
Calm down, snowflake. You're awfully emotional.

There is no indication the US has recovered its senses.

Our 2020 election was an embarrassment as Republicans tied up the results with unsubstantiated claims of a stolen election

The Jan 6 Trump Insurrection highlighted how US a democracy is in jeopardy.

Red State attacks on voting rights show we no longer value basic voter rights
Yep. And our would-be allies know it.

They can't wait forever. At some point they'll start looking around.

Enjoy your pride month.

After 9-11, the world rallied in support of the US. Bush ruined that support with his unwarranted invasion of Iraq and mocking those nations that did not support it.

Obama and Hillary spent years patching up our international relations in the fabled “Apology Tour”. The US went temporarily crazy after 9-11 and we are not like that anymore.

Then came Trump. The world scratched its head when we elected a Reality TV Host/Snakeoil salesman
Trump destroyed decades old alliances and mocked our key allies.

I don’t think the world trusts us not to elect another Trump

Last edited:
After 9-11, the world rallied in support of the US. Bush ruined that support with his unwarranted invasion of Iraq and mocking those nations that did not support it.

Obama and Hillary spent years patching up our international relations in the fabled “Apology Tour”. The US went temporarily crazy after 9-11 and we are not like that anymore.

Then came Trump. The world scratched its head when we elected a Reality TV Host/Snakeoil salesman
Trump destroyed decades old alliances and mocked our key allies.

I don’t think the world trusts us not to elect another Trump

I agree with you on every point.. Electing a game show host mocks the United States .. We may as well be a Banana Republic.

Correct, the world isn't buying it yet, and I can't blame them
They shouldn’t buy it, now or ever again.

The world, along with most of the Centrists and Leftists in this country have finally been slapped in the face with the fact that these States ARE NOT United, and (with rare exceptions) haven’t been since 1860.

It'll be at least a generation before this nation can fix its reputation that Trump so easily destroyed in just a few short years; provided however, we don't re-elect Trump or another Trump protege. If we do, Ameirca's reputation is shot forever.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.
Can't argue with any of that, but (a) these people are hyper-politicized and absolutely terrified, and they'll vote, and (b) I learned my lesson in 2016. So I do think the onus is on the Democratic Party to get the vote out.

It'll be at least a generation before this nation can fix its reputation that Trump so easily destroyed in just a few short years; provided however, we don't elect Trump or another Trump protege. If we do, Ameirca's reputation is shot forever.
We can no longer assume we are the world leader....we have to EARN it

Recently, we haven’t

, Ameirca's reputation is shot forever.
To the even half intelligent our reputation is built on lies- liberty and justice for all- Manifest Destiny- the only good Indian is a dead Indian- slavery- racism- moral high ground-

Forum List

Back