The US could Save $5.6B a year if it Switched from Coal to Solar – study

Your opposition to my argument that widespread use of solar power is the best way to usher in the next ice age says otherwise. You've been arguing there is no incremental cooling effect from using solar, ya greenie kuck.

The problem with this argument is that we're in a period of global cooling already ... when we use 1,000 year time increments ... we can say that tidally locking the Moon with drive us into an ice age if we want, and given time, we'd be right ... the Moon does cause ice on Earth ... great work !!! ...

615 BTUs per sq yard, 10,000 sq miles of solar panel ... what's our change in temperature? ...

The problem with this argument is that we're in a period of global cooling already ... when we use 1,000 year time increments ... we can say that tidally locking the Moon with drive us into an ice age if we want, and given time, we'd be right ... the Moon does cause ice on Earth ... great work !!! ...

615 BTUs per sq yard, 10,000 sq miles of solar panel ... what's our change in temperature? ...
The cooling has been going on for 50 million years; off and on but predominantly on.

The net has been measured at six farms as incrementally cooler. You already conceded it. You are arguing with yourself.

The net has been measured at six farms as incrementally cooler.

Why do you feel the farm measurements are the net measurements?
You already conceded that using the electricity generates waste heat.

If you knew the fallicy of your argument ... why did you post it? ... the fallacious argument that is, not the fallaciousnessing ability ...
It's not mutually exclusive. So, no. I don't know the fallacy of my argument. What's the fallacy of my argument?

The net has been measured at six farms as incrementally cooler.

Why do you feel the farm measurements are the net measurements?
You already conceded that using the electricity generates waste heat.
I'm happy enough with you conceding the incremental cooler temperatures measured at six solar farms were caused by converting photons into electricity. Although it's not like you had a choice.

At full output, there would be no albedo ... the panel is receiving the full 1,360 cosine (latitude - 23º) W/m^2 ... during maximum heat island effect ... we use 30% albedo as an average value when calculating climate effects because that includes clouds ... and clouds are absent when we're at peak production ...

How much added heat depends on what we do with the energy ... if we smelt iron with it, then that energy is tied up in the metal, being slowly released as it oxidies back into rust ... when we input energy, we can violate the 3rd Law, and bring more order to our part of the universe ... however, I don't think we're measuring temperature close enough to read this ...

Don't be a fool, install pylons first good chance you get ... [ka'ching] ... lots and lots of future home buyers will pay extra for that feature ...

The thermal energy used to smelt iron ALL escapes to its surroundings as the iron cools to ambient temperature. None of it is tied up in the metal. And I suspect you meant to say you could violate the 2nd law.

I'm happy enough with you conceding the incremental cooler temperatures measured at six solar farms were caused by converting photons into electricity. Although it's not like you had a choice.

Unless the cooler temperature at the farms is causing a local glacial cycle, your claim still fails.

It's not mutually exclusive. So, no. I don't know the fallacy of my argument. What's the fallacy of my argument?

Your argument is that solar panels will cool the Earth ... when the Earth has been cooling since before solar panels ... you're putting the effect before the cause ... the math says you're wrong ... "cause, then effect" requires the passage of time ...

My point is when we're receiving 1,360 W/m^2, then drawing off 200 W/m^2, we're left with 1,160 W/m^2 ... which is above the 1,000 W/m^2 average we use in climatology discussions ... and at night, we're radiating 250 W/m^2 back out into space ...

I don't think we can measure this little change with NOAA approved thermometers ... just saying ...

The thermal energy used to smelt iron ALL escapes to its surroundings as the iron cools to ambient temperature. None of it is tied up in the metal. And I suspect you meant to say you could violate the 2nd law.

None of it is tied up in the metal.

How much added heat depends on what we do with the energy ... if we smelt iron with it, then that energy is tied up in the metal, being slowly released as it oxidies back into rust ..

Did you miss that last part? Or did you see it and not undertstand?

The albedo is never zero either, plus the usual gratuitous abuse of "we" and "we're".. but it's thermodynamics! so apparently anything goes so long as one states it arrogantly enough. Not providing sources means all is well established fact, doncha know? Beyond question. Bzzzt, zip it!

Forum List

Back