The US could Save $5.6B a year if it Switched from Coal to Solar – study

It means they have satellite data from before the six solar farms were installed and that's what they compared the post solar farm satellite data to for the six sites.
And says it sees no difference in emissivities before and after.

Last edited:
that's not what that read at all. It stated emissivity, meaning the amount going into the air.
Maybe you should keep reading until you get to the part where they conclude the incrementally lower daytime temperatures above the six solar farms is the result of capturing photons that would have otherwise heated the surface of the planet.

We are already in an ice age. It started 3 million years ago. You can see signs of it every winter when significant portions of NA, Asia and Europe are covered with snow. You greenies are all alike ignoring the consequences of your pet technology.

The issue is replacing a generating source which doesn't capture solar radiation with a technology that does capture solar radiation. Waste heat is the same for both cases.

I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than the widespread use of solar energy.

Durr

The issue is replacing a generating source which doesn't capture solar radiation with a technology that does capture solar radiation. Waste heat is the same for both cases.

Waste heat with 0.05 albedo is more than waste heat at 0.3 albedo.

I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than the widespread use of solar energy.

Durr

Waste heat with 0.05 albedo is more than waste heat at 0.3 albedo.
I get that you don't know that much of the last 3 million years has been extremely cold. Most greenies don't know that.

I get that you don't know that much of the last 3 million years has been extremely cold. Most greenies don't know that.
Todd is far from a greenie, when he's calling out greenies.

nope, I don't agree with you either. I'm fking on another planet from a greenie.
It's not me you are disagreeing with. It's the FLoT. It would be odd if solar power which captures solar energy didn't affect the earth's energy budget because solar radiation is the main component in the earth's energy budget. Greenies don't want people to believe solar power could affect the earth's climate. But even they aren't stupid enough to argue PV cells don't capture solar radiation.

It would be odd if solar power which captures solar energy didn't affect the earth's energy budget because solar radiation is the main component in the earth's energy budget.

You're claiming solar panels affect the energy budget because you don't understand the First Law.

But even they aren't stupid enough to argue PV cells don't capture solar radiation.

The capture solar radiation. Just like the Earth's surface captures solar radiation.
Except they're better at it. Which is why they warm the planet.

You're claiming solar panels affect the energy budget because you don't understand the First Law.

But even they aren't stupid enough to argue PV cells don't capture solar radiation.

The capture solar radiation. Just like the Earth's surface captures solar radiation.
Except they're better at it. Which is why they warm the planet.
If incrementally cooler temperatures above six solar farms don't clue you in that there's less infrared radiation because enough photons were siphoned off that the net result is LESS infrared radiation, then you are a greenie.

If incrementally cooler temperatures above six solar farms don't clue you in that there's less infrared radiation because enough photons were siphoned off that the net result is LESS infrared radiation, then you are a greenie.
Again, the satellites don’t agree with you!

Forum List

Back