The Welfare-Industrial Complex Is Booming

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Drill into the nation’s 3.7% unemployment rate, and you’ll find a growing welfare-industrial complex beneath the seemingly strong labor market. Government, social assistance and healthcare account for 56% of the 2.8 million net new jobs over the past year, and for nearly all gains in blue states such as New York and Illinois.

New York City is spending $394 a day—or $143,810 a year—to house and feed each migrant, many in formerly posh hotels. Mayor Eric Adams grouses about the flood of migrants, but what does he expect when the city makes itself a welfare magnet?

Meantime, the homeless population continues to swell, even as government shovels more money into housing subsidies—nearly $43 billion in the Democrats’ March 2021 Covid bill alone. The number of homeless shot up 85,389 between 2019 and 2023, with California and New York combined accounting for about half the increase, according to a recent federal government report.

Bidenomics, it's working, it's working, damn it, it's working.

MSN

We have a labor excess, not shortage. Too many workers available will drive homelessness upward. Employers have it too easy to find workers.

Government, social assistance and healthcare account for 56% of the 2.8 million net new jobs over the past year, and for nearly all gains in blue states such as New York and Illinois.

Healthcare is a constantly growing field as more people in this country age, that you some how find it bad that that career field is growing is just a tad odd.

not a single, sniveling, lying, corrupt, POS leftist on this forum will intelligently discuss this fact.
I think peacefan is on the right track here. Build affordable housing....for everyone.
The lion share of these immigrants are here to work.....and you know, not get killed in the country we most likely had a hand in screwing up. :)

Drill into the nation’s 3.7% unemployment rate, and you’ll find a growing welfare-industrial complex beneath the seemingly strong labor market. Government, social assistance and healthcare account for 56% of the 2.8 million net new jobs over the past year, and for nearly all gains in blue states such as New York and Illinois.

New York City is spending $394 a day—or $143,810 a year—to house and feed each migrant, many in formerly posh hotels. Mayor Eric Adams grouses about the flood of migrants, but what does he expect when the city makes itself a welfare magnet?

Meantime, the homeless population continues to swell, even as government shovels more money into housing subsidies—nearly $43 billion in the Democrats’ March 2021 Covid bill alone. The number of homeless shot up 85,389 between 2019 and 2023, with California and New York combined accounting for about half the increase, according to a recent federal government report.

Bidenomics, it's working, it's working, damn it, it's working.

MSN

You got nothing to say yourself. So you just copy paste some other person's opinion piece.

i say we just start building homes for the homeless, with all that hotel money.

the cost will be bearable.

You know, that's not a half bad idea. Well, not just as you say. But I think you could be on to something for state governments to divert some section 8 money to fund the expansive house construction. The government would recoup the money at a profit through rent and sale income while reducing the pinch many people are feeling on rising housing costs.

Though maybe it would just be easier for them to ban Airbnb from turning houses into unzoned hotels, causing housing prices to spike due to the extreme shortage that now exists.

You know, that's not a half bad idea. Well, not just as you say. But I think you could be on to something for state governments to divert some section 8 money to fund the expansive house construction. The government would recoup the money at a profit through rent and sale income while reducing the pinch many people are feeling on rising housing costs.

Though maybe it would just be easier for them to ban Airbnb from turning houses into unzoned hotels, causing housing prices to spike due to the extreme shortage that now exists.
i strongly believe that rents should be kept as low as humanly possible.

and i don't know about airbnb, i'll let the pros handle that one.

Forum List

Back