The United States IS a Christian Nation

Does it ever occur to you idiots that you're making more terrorists by giving Al Queda and others more material for their propaganda.

It's like beating the slaves so they won't revolt- it just males the rest want to see you dead, too.

has it ever occured to you, that terrorists are made because they are taught and bread that way, and will use any excuse to become/commit terrorist acts

just a thought :lol:

Does it ever occur to you idiots that you're making more terrorists by giving Al Queda and others more material for their propaganda.

It's like beating the slaves so they won't revolt- it just males the rest want to see you dead, too.

You know how we could of saved 36 pages? This:

View attachment 8303

:lol: George Washington never said that.:lol: Quit reading those anti American websites.

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus,
by the Supreme Being as his Father, in the womb of a virgin, will be
classified with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of
Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and the freedom of
thought in these United States will do away with this artificial
scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of
this most venerated Reformer of human errors. - Thomas Jefferson

As to Jesus of Nazareth, I think the system of Morals
and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the World ever saw or
is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupting
Changes, and I have, with the most of the present Dissenters in England,
some doubts to his divinity. - Benjamin Franklin
Shouldn't some of you folk be peddling some spiritual economics elsewhere? :eusa_eh:
:lol: Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were not the only founding fathers. I find it hillarious how you people try to find and quote the least religious founding fathers and yet they are still FAR from athiestic.

Last edited:
:lol: Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were not the only founding fathers. I find it hillarious how you people try to find and quote the least religious founding fathers and yet they are still FAR from athiestic.

oh you mean like James Madison, the father of the constitution? he said

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

"What influence in fact have ecclesiastical establishments had on Civil Society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the Civil authority; in many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny: in no instance have they been seen the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty, may have found an established Clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just Government instituted to secure & perpetuate it needs them not."

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

"What influence in fact have ecclesiastical establishments had on Civil Society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the Civil authority; in many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny: in no instance have they been seen the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty, may have found an established Clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just Government instituted to secure & perpetuate it needs them not."

Yes, many Christians have abused Christianity. That is all he is saying there. Big deal. What is that suppose to prove?

Silly statement above about the religiosity of Franklin and Jefferson.

They both believed in God, they believed in the moral teachings and values of Jesus Christ. Almost every Founder with the possible exception of Paine and Allen were God believers. Most of them, Patrick Henry being a notable exception, did not believe that organized religion should have any influence on government.

better we waterboard ahmed then let him blow up a building

douche bag :lol:

The United States IS a Christian Nation ... that waterboards.

Jesus would be proud.

Yo..........lowborn Polish gutter slut............a couple of questions..........

First, have you ever actually been in a war zone, or for that matter, in the military? Yes to both for me (4 war zones actually).

Second, do you have any fucking idea about how to interrogate someone? You DO realize that you can get more (and more accurate) information with a couple of cigarettes, some chow, and a little bit of medical treatment (if needed). Torture only makes them clam up more, until they can't take it anymore, and then they tell you what you want to hear. Oh yeah.......do you know who popularized waterboarding? Pol Pot. He used it as a way to elicit false confessions to charges that he trumped up on people who disagreed with him. Now, does that sound like something we should be using for intelligence? No fucking wonder we went into Iraq instead of Afghanistan.

Oh yeah........recently scientists have proven that the pain and fear that is caused by torture actually affects the brain and does irreparable damage.

Still think it's a good idea? If so, we start with you, and I'd be willing to bet several dollars that you wouldn't last 15 seconds.

Jesus would be proud.

Yo..........lowborn Polish gutter slut............a couple of questions..........

First, have you ever actually been in a war zone, or for that matter, in the military? Yes to both for me (4 war zones actually).

Second, do you have any fucking idea about how to interrogate someone? You DO realize that you can get more (and more accurate) information with a couple of cigarettes, some chow, and a little bit of medical treatment (if needed). Torture only makes them clam up more, until they can't take it anymore, and then they tell you what you want to hear. Oh yeah.......do you know who popularized waterboarding? Pol Pot. He used it as a way to elicit false confessions to charges that he trumped up on people who disagreed with him. Now, does that sound like something we should be using for intelligence? No fucking wonder we went into Iraq instead of Afghanistan.

Oh yeah........recently scientists have proven that the pain and fear that is caused by torture actually affects the brain and does irreparable damage.

Still think it's a good idea? If so, we start with you, and I'd be willing to bet several dollars that you wouldn't last 15 seconds.

Don't tell me some religions fanatic is going to dump their god for a pack of cigarettes. They may be nice to you but they ain't gonna tell you anything but the same lies they've been telling you. Don't be so naive to tell me that if only we give little Ahmed in Iran a few cigarettes he will stop denying the Holocaust. :cuckoo:

god i was being tongue in cheek about the douche bag comment, chillax :lol:

secondly, i get it, i havent been in the military so how dare I try to form my own opinion, especially if it disagrees with you

by the way, i mean it, thank you for your service.

you make a compelling argument, but what if your way doesnt work, what then smarty pants :lol:

Jesus would be proud.

my thoughts exactly

Don't tell me some religions fanatic is going to dump their god for a pack of cigarettes. They may be nice to you but they ain't gonna tell you anything but the same lies they've been telling you. Don't be so naive to tell me that if only we give little Ahmed in Iran a few cigarettes he will stop denying the Holocaust. :cuckoo:

You have some truth in what you say, but then You fuck it up with blind prejudice. It would be more True to say from Your Perspective that No Government is Just, which is actually the case. We must work with what We have. Church, Government, face the same Temptation as You or I. The days of Icons are pretty much over for some, While others run to the next Idol of the weak. Government has good in it that we work with. Clergy has good in it that we work with. Stop pissing in the well.

god i was being tongue in cheek about the douche bag comment, chillax :lol:

secondly, i get it, i havent been in the military so how dare I try to form my own opinion, especially if it disagrees with you

by the way, i mean it, thank you for your service.

you make a compelling argument, but what if your way doesnt work, what then smarty pants :lol:

First off.........almost all military teach their soldiers how to resist torture. It's done as a matter of routine for special warfare types. So, with that being said, if we teach our troops how to resist torture and give false information (which we do) what makes you think that other military organizations WON'T?

Additionally, when a person is captured, they are already demoralized, as they've now been taken prisoner. Showing kindness and tolerance towards your prisoners (as per the Geneva Convention which SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITS TORTURE), will result in better and more accurate information. Why? After being demoralized by capture, you build them back up and tell them the reason they've been captured is because their side is wrong. If the person is hurt, taking care of their pain via medical care is another really good way to get positive leverage on someone.

As far as brain damage?

Recent studies of harsh interrogations in CIA-run prisons reveal the devastating results of controversial techniques on the minds of detainees.

Prolonged stress from interrogations could have impaired the memories of inmates, diminishing their ability to recall and provide the elaborate information the intelligence agency wanted to elicit, said a scientific paper published in the scientific journal Trends in Cognitive Sciences on Monday.

Investigating Bush-era interrogation techniques from a neurobiological point of view, Shane O'Mara questioned the information obtained by the CIA, saying the methods employed could even have caused the suspects to create an undistinguishable mixture of true and false memories.

"Solid scientific evidence on how repeated and extreme stress and pain affect memory and executive functions (such as planning or forming intentions) suggests these techniques are unlikely to do anything other than the opposite of that intended by coercive or enhanced interrogation," said O'Mara.

The professor at Ireland's Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience based his research on a review of scientific studies about the effect of stress on memory and brain function after reading descriptions of the CIA's interrogation methods described in formerly classified legal memos released in April.

CIA spokesman George Little, dismissed the finding, however, arguing that the agency's interrogation program "produced intelligence on which our government acted to disrupt terrorist operations," and that O'Mara had no direct contact with individuals who underwent the agency's 'high-value detainee program'.

But O'Mara maintains (despite the 'layman's' assumption that such methods do not affect memory) that chronic stress and trauma -- as were likely caused by CIA methods, particularly for long-term prisoners -- can damage the hippocampus, the part of the brain that integrates memory.

Prolonged sleep deprivation, chaining prisoners in painful positions, exploitation of suspects' phobias, and waterboarding are among the techniques allowed for interrogations of terror suspects by the Bush administration.

Those methods cause the brain to release stress hormones, which, if prolonged, could result in compromised brain function and even tissue loss, O'Mara wrote.

He warned that this could bring about brain lobe disorders, making the prisoners vulnerable to confabulation - in this case, the pathological production of false memories upon suggestions by an interrogator.

"The fact that the detrimental effects of these techniques on the brain are not visible to the naked eye makes them no less real," he stressed.

Study: CIA torture tactics cause brain damage

Pay attention to the bolded part......"Prolonged stress from interrogations could have impaired the memories of inmates, diminishing their ability to recall and provide the elaborate information the intelligence agency wanted to elicit". That means the information gained from torture is questionable at best, dead wrong at worst.

Like I said......no wonder we went into Iraq. Bush wanted to go after Saddam and take the oil fields (remember........RumsFAILED stated that the savings in oil prices would pay for the war), as well as the fact that Bush Jr. was still pissed that Saddam threatened Bush Sr.'s life.

Nope. Try again.

Forum List

Back