The undeniable message white people are sending through Trump.....

Bleh.

My opinion of the Regressive Left is no secret here.

Try that one on someone else.
Yet you will put them back in power. Because you identify with them. Your words.
Yeah. As bad as that is, imagine what I think of the alternative.

What will Trump reasonably do that is worse than that?
I have absolutely no idea what he would do, none, and that's a problem for me.

"The devil you know...." kind of thing.

And again, both candidates are unappealing to me, so all I can do is act on the fact that, in general, I agree with the Dems on more issues than with the GOP.

And you dismiss his publicly stated platform because...?
I'll be happy to answer that, but do you mean the RNC platform or another one?

Yet you will put them back in power. Because you identify with them. Your words.

And again, both candidates are unappealing to me, so all I can do is act on the fact that, in general, I agree with the Dems on more issues than with the GOP.

As we are talking about Trump, I was referring to Trump's.

If anything is undeniably clear from this day going forward, its that white people are pissed. And there is nothing short of a nuclear invasion that's gonna stop this freight train of anger from slowing down. They're putting their hopes and frustrations upon a man, who no doubt will disappoint and one can only imagine where that anger will turn.

I often find myself questioning what decade I am in, as a black person, I'm soo feeling the fire and anger of the 60's, as if this is the last stand the white man is having before it all ends for them....the majority hold that have in this country. I see the faces of white men and women, angry and yet so pleased that Trump has come to their rescue. At work, we're all silent, no more political jokes, no more comonality....because we know that Tom is now a Trump fan.

You can pinch yourself a zillion times and still not believe just how divided this country has become, all because a black man dared win the white house and dared to feel comfortable and safe, dating white women and thinking Tom was okay with that. I am 1000% certain, a lot of the anger white men are filling, stems from that integrated union.

The challenge the rest of us must embrace and enact is starting today, contact your national DNC office, volunteer and get every person young old, green blue, get them registered to Vote this Nov. This may perhaps be the most important vote of all of life times....we're either gonna turn back the clock and allow white rage to control us once again, or we're gonna help move this country forward, never to look back, its up to us!!

Many white people are pissing away the single greatest advantage of being white: the buck stops here. You're responsible for the outcome of your life, you're responsible for the choices you make. There's no one to blame but you.

Its ludicrously empowering. If your life is your fault, then you can damn well do something to change it if you don't like it. If your life is the product of someone *else's* choices, then you're just a bitch, a leaf on the water, hapless and helpless as the stream of 'society' carries you down river.

What I see is a lot of white people trying to blame someone *else* for their own situation. And in it, relinquishing the single greatest advantage of being white.

That the color of your skin doesn't matter to Republicans......? That would be the actual message being sent.....

The democrats are lying to you.......they have been since they owned your ancestors as slaves....

Well, okay, I just looked at his site, DONALD J. TRUMP POSITIONS, and he only covers seven (issues). So based on those seven:
  • Nothing I've heard fully explains how he would pay for the wall
  • I disagree strongly with his health care reform idea
  • His China trade strategy does not describe how he'll coerce China into playing more fairly, and it doesn't address how it would stop a trade war and/or how it would stop China from dumping any part of the $1.6T or so it holds in our bonds
  • I disagree strongly with his personal income tax plan
So of those seven, I disagree with those points.

I also don't believe he has the temperament for the position, and the fact that he does not seem to able to control his behavior is also a significant concern.

That's quite a bit, and I'm not sure where he stands on other issues, and he represents a party with other positions that I disagree with, such as abortion, gay rights and America As Policeman Of The World.

Last edited:

Well, okay, I just looked at his site, DONALD J. TRUMP POSITIONS, and he only covers seven (issues). So based on those seven:
  • His China trade strategy does not describe how he'll coerce China into playing more fairly, and it doesn't address how it would stop a trade war and/or how it would stop China from dumping any part of the $1.6T or so it holds in our bonds

I also don't believe he has the temperament for the position, and the fact that he does not seem to able to control his behavior is also a significant concern.

That's quite a bit, and I'm not sure where he stands on other issues, and he represents a party with other positions that I disagree with.

He's also poorly organized, his people are startlingly incompetent, and they are the 'best' that Trump can manage.

Makes you a dem. We get it.
Well, whatever. I get called all kinds of things from both ends of the spectrum..
And by the way, here's what a LEFT winger said about me in ANOTHER thread from EARLIER today:
I'm pretty sure that makes you a conservative, not a centrist.
This place really is a hoot.

:spinner:

When you defend conservatives and attack liberals 80% of the time,

you're a conservative.
Nope. It's just that at least 80% of the time conservatives are right.

What? Speak American please, alien.
You heard me, racist.

Makes you a dem. We get it.
Well, whatever. I get called all kinds of things from both ends of the spectrum..
And by the way, here's what a LEFT winger said about me in ANOTHER thread from EARLIER today:
I'm pretty sure that makes you a conservative, not a centrist.
This place really is a hoot.

:spinner:

When you defend conservatives and attack liberals 80% of the time,

you're a conservative.
Well, you can slap this out with WillowTree.

This is obviously very important to you.

That's quite a bit, and I'm not sure where he stands on other issues, and he represents a party with other positions that I disagree with.

He's also poorly organized, his people are startlingly incompetent, and they are the 'best' that Trump can manage.

How do you figure he is poorly organized.....he defeated 16 other candidates and spent far less than they did........he has caught up to hilary...again, spending far less than she has spent trying to crush him in June.....now he is about to launch his attack....she won't see it coming....he is going to crush her....

Most of your impressions about his behavior are based off of complaints by the media, not by his actual conduct. I think his critics make him look nice in comparison. They keep repeating that he's thin-skinned but in fact it is his critics on both sides of the aisle that are thin-skinned. JEB was a nasty sob. When he went down, Marco took over. When he went down, Ted became the asshole. When he went down the media took over the attacks. Hillary rarely got into it because she has hundreds of media propagandists to carry her water for her. Trump is actually a very calm guy. Everyone who knows him personally will tell you this. Hillary on the other hand is an angry bitch who makes life miserable for everyone around her. This is a fact.

Most of your impressions about his behavior are based off of complaints by the media, not by his actual conduct. I think his critics make him look nice in comparison. They keep repeating that he's thin-skinned but in fact it is his critics on both sides of the aisle that are thin-skinned. JEB was a nasty sob. When he went down, Marco took over. When he went down, Ted became the asshole. When he went down the media took over the attacks. Hillary rarely got into it because she has hundreds of media propagandists to carry her water for her. Trump is actually a very calm guy. Everyone who knows him personally will tell you this. Hillary on the other hand is an angry bitch who makes life miserable for everyone around her. This is a fact.
That just isn't true. I've seen him do many rallies, several speeches. He's damn near exactly the same as a I guy know (and have worked with) locally - he has limited intellectual depth, he's not articulate, he's not dignified, but he just mauls people through the sheer force of his personality. That's where any "success" comes from.

If he's different in person than he is on the stump, okay, then I have to wonder why he's purposely pretending to be this person. That either says something about the man, the people he's attracting, or both.

How do you figure he is poorly organized.....he defeated 16 other candidates and spent far less than they did........he has caught up to hilary...again, spending far less than she has spent trying to crush him in June.....now he is about to launch his attack....she won't see it coming....he is going to crush her....
Because she heard it on Morning Joe.

Campaign shake ups very late in the game, policy position changes within weeks of announcing them, being no-shows for important party functions he's commited to, sloppy speech work including plagiarism, and the incompetent and poorly thought through responses to said sloppy work (Starshine Sparkle, anyone). He even tried to walk back his VP pick the night before its formal announcement.

With the incompetents involved being the 'best' Trump can manage.

1. The Cost of the Wall is not a major issue, compared to the size of the national budget.

2. Health Care is an unholy mess with no good answers.

3. We have enormous leverage over China, with their dependence on our trade. With such a negotiation, no experienced negotiator would publish years in advance his full negotiation strategy.

BUT, it is already better than Hillary's which boils down to we remain China's bitch.

4. And it doesn't matter if they "dump" the bonds, the issue would be if they don't buy any more. And the vast majority of our debt is internally held. China's leverage in that regard is seriously overstated.

5. HIs "bluster" is a carefully crafted and controlled tool of public communication and persuasion. If he was REALLY a "hot head" we would have heard of serious problems in his business career over the last 50 years.

6. Do you support the use of cheap Third World labor to undermine US wages?

7. Do you support a confrontational Russian policy?

So, we have dealt with the "you don't know what he will do".

Which of those is worse than HIllary's blatant divisive racial fear mongering?

That just isn't true. I've seen him do many rallies, several speeches. He's damn near exactly the same as a I guy know (and have worked with) locally - he has limited intellectual depth, he's not articulate, he's not dignified, but he just mauls people through the sheer force of his personality. That's where any "success" comes from.

If he's different in person than he is on the stump, okay, then I have to wonder why he's purposely pretending to be this person. That either says something about the man, the people he's attracting, or both.
He feels this is necessary for him to have a winning campaign.

As I said before, people who know him know what he's really like. Most of what you see are soundbites taken out of context on purpose. I've seen his speeches in their entirety and seen what even FOX has done with them, and they're practically unrecognizable to each other. A little clever editing and Wallah, the impression totally changes.

The truth is, Trump will give the shirt off of his back to help someone in need.

1. The Cost of the Wall is not a major issue, compared to the size of the national budget.

2. Health Care is an unholy mess with no good answers.

3. We have enormous leverage over China, with their dependence on our trade. With such a negotiation, no experienced negotiator would publish years in advance his full negotiation strategy.

BUT, it is already better than Hillary's which boils down to we remain China's bitch.

4. And it doesn't matter if they "dump" the bonds, the issue would be if they don't buy any more. And the vast majority of our debt is internally held. China's leverage in that regard is seriously overstated.

5. HIs "bluster" is a carefully crafted and controlled tool of public communication and persuasion. If he was REALLY a "hot head" we would have heard of serious problems in his business career over the last 50 years.

6. Do you support the use of cheap Third World labor to undermine US wages?

7. Do you support a confrontational Russian policy?

So, we have dealt with the "you don't know what he will do".

Which of those is worse than HIllary's blatant divisive racial fear mongering?
The racial crap is a big negative with me, as you know. I disagree strongly with the Democrats on all the various issues surrounding Political Correctness & Identity Politics, and yeah, that's a lot. I also disagree with their almost child-like approach to, and opinions of, business and business economics.

However, my opinions are closer to theirs on most other issues.

As I've said, I don't like either candidate, not at all, not even close. So all I can do is ignore them and look at their party platform and make some guesses as to what they would do in office.

You could list quite a few problems with Hillary and I couldn't deny them, because I try to be honest. But between the two, one is better on a macro level than the other.

Trump loves blue collar workers more than rubbing elbows with big shots.

This simple fact is communicated to anyone who sees his rallies. He never does anything for the cameras unless he has to. He gives to causes anonymously all of the time asking nothing in return. He can see potential in others they can't see in themselves and encourages them to develop it. This is why his kids turned out so great. That’s the real Donald Trump.

He feels this is necessary for him to have a winning campaign.

As I said before, people who know him know what he's really like. Most of what you see are soundbites taken out of context on purpose. I've seen his speeches in their entirety and seen what even FOX has done with them, and they're practically unrecognizable to each other. A little clever editing and Wallah, the impression totally changes.

The truth is, Trump will give the shirt off of his back to help someone in need.
He sent that poor soldier with ptsd that the Mexicans held in their filthy jails twenty five grand. Obama did squat.

I'm no fan of Trump, I'm voting for Hillary, but I think a lot of this stuff is a figment of the Left's imagination.

Yes, Trump has attracted far more than his share of old fashioned, mouth-breathing, butt-scratching racists, but that's stuff that's going on in THEIR minds, TOO.

I don't believe he's a racist, not any more than anyone else.
what a dumbass
Interesting, stimulating input, thanks.
Apparently not enough stimulation.. I think you need some electric shock therapy man.
LOL! Made me laugh ;)

I'm voting for Hillary

Deliberately?

I know Trump is a clown, but hitlery?

She epitomizes the sort of corrupt authoritarian everyone claims they hold in disdain. I cannot fathom a cognizant person voting for her.

I'm leaning towards Vermin Supreme.

I think both candidates are being painted as things they're not.

Since I'm not fond of either one, and I agree with the Democrats on more issues than the Republicans, I've gotta hold my nose and vote that way.
Hillary didn't break the law and place Special Ops overseas in danger by allowing her unsecured server with classified intel to be hacked??? Do you live in an alternate reality or are you plainly stupid?

Forum List

Back