Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
The Truth About the New Atheists
Google Groups
The Sophistry of Christopher Hitchens

The Bible is Evidence
Google Groups
There is no scientific evidence for the notion of “brainwashing”. .
The brainwashing myth

The bible is not current law. No nation today has legalized slavery
Elisa Perpignan, Human Rights Consultant at Manumit87 (2018-present)
Nowadays, there are no countries in the world in which old-style slavery is legal; slavery is prohibited by Article Four of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UN, 1948), and it is always a criminal activity.

Last edited:
No nation today has legalized slavery
Nowadays, there are no countries in the world in which old-style slavery is legal
Typical Christian half-truth whole-lie!
Legal ownership of people was indeed abolished in all countries over the course of the last two centuries. But in many countries it has not been criminalised. In almost half of the world’s countries, there is no criminal law penalising either slavery or the slave trade. In 94 countries, you cannot be prosecuted and punished in a criminal court for enslaving another human being.

Nowadays, there are no countries in the world in which old-style slavery is legal
Legal ownership of people was indeed abolished in all countries over the course of the last two centuries. But in many countries it has not been criminalised. In almost half of the world’s countries, there is no criminal law penalising either slavery or the slave trade. In 94 countries, you cannot be prosecuted and punished in a criminal court for enslaving another human being.
That's a nice claim. Where is the evidence??? I quoted the United Nations law against slavery. Where is yours?

I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN. You left off the United Nations law which forbids slavery worldwide. Nice propaganda.

Nowadays, there are no countries in the world in which old-style slavery is legal; slavery is prohibited by Article Four of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UN, 1948), and it is always a criminal activity.

There is no country in the world in which murder is legal and yet murder persists everywhere.
National Geographic Magazine published an article a few years ago stating that "there are more slaves today than ever before in human history." The country with the most slaves? India, where coincidentally they have the Caste System, which some of my Indian neighbors tell me is "worse than slavery."

Democrats are willing slaves to their unrelentingly abusive and reprehensibly dishonest leaders. Think North Korea.

Google Groups

In addition to tying himself in logical knots, Hitchens constantly uses ad hominem comments like "I feel sorry for you," implying that anything his opponent is somehow of limited intellectual capability.

One question I can never get atheists to answer is: Do you believe that human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe?

Google Groups

The Bible is Evidence
Google Groups
There is no scientific evidence for the notion of “brainwashing”. .
The brainwashing myth

The bible is not current law. No nation today has legalized slavery

Is Hitchens somehow controlling your life?

The new atheism states that Ancient Greece never existed as well as stating that modern man is able to weigh, in weights, the planet earth.

However, a question for the sages.

How long does it take for a car tunnel to be 'holed' through a mountain or mountain-like hill, etc???

Last edited:
In addition to tying himself in logical knots, Hitchens constantly uses ad hominem comments like "I feel sorry for you," implying that anything his opponent is somehow of limited intellectual capability.

jwoodie, I will PM you my notes on two wonderful books by former atheists.
The insistent atheist claim of superior intellectualism completely overlooks:
1. The Fallacy of the Argument From Authority, which asserts that EVEN IF you are an expert in the subject under discussion, that does not necessarily make you right, and
2. There is little correlation between wisdom and intellectualism, or learnedness. Finally,
3. Two equally intelligent people can plausibly arrive at completely different conclusions starting from the same given set of facts or data.

Examples of the failure of superior intellect or expertise abound. Here are two very well known cases:
A. Captain Edward Smith, of Titanic fame
B. Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, when he stated "Heavier than air human flight is impossible," in 1895. Two bicycle mechanics without any college put him in his place just a few years later.

1. The Fallacy of the Argument From Authority, which asserts that EVEN IF you are an expert in the subject under discussion, that does not necessarily make you right, and
Curious you offer the above in view of your edited, parsed and out of context, cut and paste “quotes” from Disco’tute frauds.

The new atheism states that Ancient Greece never existed as well as stating that modern man is able to weigh, in weights, the planet earth.

However, a question for the sages.

How long does it take for a car tunnel to be 'holed' through a mountain or mountain-like hill, etc???
What, exactly, is the new atheism? Are you floating a conspiracy theory?

Do you and others have information regarding secret meetings where the new atheists assemble to deny the existence of Ancient Greece?

That's a nice claim. Where is the evidence??? I quoted the United Nations law against slavery. Where is yours?
Link was provided, please show a law from each of the 97 nations that punishes slavery.

Forum List

Back