The Truth About 'Net Neutrality'

Absolutely amazing that a 332 page bill could be passed in total secrecy. Both Democrats and Republicans should be up in arms that a bill is not made public.
How can anyone be for it it they do not know what is in it? This is a nightmare for anyone that loves the freedom now on the internet.

Absolutely amazing that a 332 page bill could be passed in total secrecy. Both Democrats and Republicans should be up in arms that a bill is not made public.
How can anyone be for it it they do not know what is in it? This is a nightmare for anyone that loves the freedom now on the internet.

you mean our ONE PARTY SYSTEM of demopublicans and reprocrats.lol.

The administration got the massive Obamacare Act passed before unveiling what it entailed.

So they figured why not use the same tactic again for the Net Neutrality Bill. ...... :cool:

Ooh, an Alex Jones conspiracy theory! It's all the pro-censorship/anti-net-neutrality crowd has left.

It's an 8-page bill. The other 324 pages are historical background. Of course, "8-page bill" just doesn't have that ominous ring to it.

U.S. regulators are poised to impose the toughest rules yet on Internet service providers, aiming to ensure fair treatment of all web traffic through their networks.

The Federal Communications Commission is expected Thursday to approve Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposed "net neutrality" rules, regulating broadband providers more heavily than in the past and restricting their power to control download speeds on the web, for instance by potentially giving preference to companies that can afford to pay more.

The vote, expected along party lines with Democrats in favor, comes after a year of jostling between cable and telecom companies and net neutrality advocates, which included web startups. It culminated in the FCC receiving a record 4 million comments and a call from President Barack Obama to adopt the strongest rules possible.
Tougher Internet rules to hit cable telecoms companies

This is not a bill being passed by Congress.

It is an agency running with the ball punted by Congress.

Just wanted this clear, some seem to think Congress is doing this.

Why anybody would get their ISP through a cable company is beyond me. I have 40Mbps DSL from Centurylink for $29 a month. I never have the same IP addy two days in a row in case I get banned :ack-1: someplace I still have an issue with. That kind of freedom you'll never get from a cable provider.

Where are you guys getting this "332 page bill" line from? You're like the 3rd or 4th retard to repeat this without one link provided

Where are you guys getting this "332 page bill" line from? You're like the 3rd or 4th retard to repeat this without one link provided
From non other than FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler
Tom Wheeler tweaks net neutrality plan after Google push - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO

Tom Wheeler tweaks net neutrality plan after Google push - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO

No you were spoonfed the info from another republican. From your link

GOP Commissioner Ajit Pai confirmed in a tweet Wednesday that he plans to vote against the rules. Pai’s message indicated Wheeler’s net neutrality plan is now 317 pages instead of his earlier count of 332 pages.

Read more: Tom Wheeler tweaks net neutrality plan after Google push - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO

Stop being so stupid....Use google and stop being so purposefully ignorant

GOP Commissioner Ajit Pai confirmed in a tweet Wednesday that he plans to vote against the rules. Pai’s message indicated Wheeler’s net neutrality plan is now 317 pages instead of his earlier count of 332 pages.

Read more: Tom Wheeler tweaks net neutrality plan after Google push - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO

So tell me, How many pages is the bill and where can I read the full text?

So tell me, How many pages is the bill and where can I read the full text?

Well, its been posted before but why even check it out. You've shown to lie for no reason or maybe you didnt read your own link.

Now stop lying or at the very least verify the info before gonig full retard

Just passed? It is not a bill. It is a set of rules and regulations the fcc has decided kn, which means Obama using other means to get what he wants, rather than go through Congress where the people actually have a say.
My hope is this will end up in the trash bin like many of the epa's actions have, when sued.

Oh, and you have a really skewed concept of freedom.
And it just passed. The Republicans will rage some, but will get nowhere. The telecoms will try some lawsuits, which will get nowhere.

Biggest. Internet. Freedom. Victory. Ever.

Did you lose your internet? Seems vandals cut one of Centurylinks major fiber cables. People are without cable, internet, phones, credit card processing, atm's, and 911.
Why anybody would get their ISP through a cable company is beyond me. I have 40Mbps DSL from Centurylink for $29 a month. I never have the same IP addy two days in a row in case I get banned :ack-1: someplace I still have an issue with. That kind of freedom you'll never get from a cable provider.

This is yet another illegal power grab by the Obama administration. Congress has never given the FCC jurisdiction over the internet. Without jurisdiction, it is illegal to regulate. The courts will strike this down.

Wasn't hard to predict who the usual suspects would be licking government's boots in the thread.

It's time for the rest of us to learn a new word, 'samizdat.'
sam·iz·dat
ˈsämizˌdät,səmyizˈdät/
noun
  1. the clandestine copying and distribution of literature banned by the state, especially formerly in the communist countries of eastern Europe.

Samizdat (Russian: самизда́т; IPA: [səmɨzˈdat]) was a key form of dissident activity across theSoviet bloc in which individuals reproduced censored publications by hand and passed the documents from reader to reader. This grassroots practice to evade officially imposedcensorship was fraught with danger as harsh punishments were meted out to people caught possessing or copying censored materials.
Samizdat - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We've already learned the truth of 'Animal Farm'....
'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'

Unfortunately, it's Democrats and Republicans who are working in unison to steal more of our freedom. It's what they do -- it's why they're called "lawmakers."

New Topics

Forum List

Back