The True Cure for the Virus is to End Open Borders

Open borders = No Wall = Infection spreads free. It's like turning off your fire-wall on a computer.
No open borders nonsense = Anti-Virus.

Russia has 3 deaths from Corona virus. If only democrats were not calling everyone a racist when Trump bravely shut the Chinese border, we would not even have the virus.

And Russia does not even have a wall...there goes your theory that no wall = open borders.

I am still wondering about anyone who thinks that the United States has a border with China.......well maybe Trump actually does think that.....

There is no defense against pandemics except reserve capacity in our medical system and the ability to quickly mobilize resources to isolate and treat infected people. This pandemic will force many to confront a lot of hard truths. We no longer have the luxury to live within our own little disinformation bubbles.

Did you fail to read?

Not having open borders IS the cure, as proved by every country that practiced them. The irony of this post is breath-taking. Revisit the beliefs about open borders is my advice.
It is simply not possible to stop international travel and trade. That is a hard truth you must confront.

Except... if you are Russia.

The borders must be pretty magical... you can sure lock your entire country down, but just not the borders. That would be impossible...

You should indeed study your positions more and make changes where appropriate, the positions are ludicrous.
You want to be more like Russia? They are certainly under-reporting their numbers and probably letting the worst cases die without treatment. Dictatorships always handle things like this with lies and cruelty.

No, I do not want to end up in an authoritarian hell hole. That's exactly why you shut down the damned border.

You have no arguments, only hot air. Open borders are a crazy far-left fringe view which will never work anywhere, and you know it.

"Open Borders" is a Far Right dog whistle. No one is calling for 'Open Borders'- but you fascists on the far right sure do like to make that lie.

America did have "open borders' for the majority of our existence- but we have not had 'open borders' in over 100 years. We have restrictions on our land borders and arrivals from sea and air.

The current coronavirus got to the United States through legal travel through legal American ports.

So the question is- are you calling for the complete shut down of America's borders forever? You know- not allowing any Americans to travel in or out of the United States?

Or are you just promoting the usual Far Right wing propaganda?

If we become the death center of the world for COVID-19, then the clean won't be able to go anywhere in the world. We'll just have to live in quarantine. I've seen the hidden videos of China's draconian quarantine. It appears to be safest there from COVID-19 with no vaccine. People can get lightweight, nice fitting haz mat suits there and it's common place. Previously, we though people wearing those face masks were uncool. Now, they're normal.

There is no defense against pandemics except reserve capacity in our medical system and the ability to quickly mobilize resources to isolate and treat infected people. This pandemic will force many to confront a lot of hard truths. We no longer have the luxury to live within our own little disinformation bubbles.

Did you fail to read?

Not having open borders IS the cure, as proved by every country that practiced them. The irony of this post is breath-taking. Revisit the beliefs about open borders is my advice.

Yeah- look at North Korea- they are doing fine.

Looks like North Korea is the model you want to copy- you know land mines and barbed wire on the land borders, shoot to kill orders, virtually no international trade or travel.

Yes- North Korea demonstrates the point of your thread perfectly.

Did you fail to read?

Yeah- look at North Korea- they are doing fine.

Looks like North Korea is the model you want to copy- you know land mines and barbed wire on the land borders, shoot to kill orders, virtually no international trade or travel.

Yes- North Korea demonstrates the point of your thread perfectly.

I don't want a virus.

You do want a virus.

No, I do not want to end up in an authoritarian hell hole. That's exactly why you shut down the damned border.

What else is there to argue about really? I mean if that statement doesn't just make you shake your head and walk away I don't know what will.

Open borders = No Wall = Infection spreads free. It's like turning off your fire-wall on a computer.
Russia has 3 deaths from Corona virus. If only democrats were not calling everyone a racist when Trump bravely shut the Chinese border, we would not even have the virus.
Exactly. We must build the border wall and end all international flights.

Did you fail to read?

It is simply not possible to stop international travel and trade. That is a hard truth you must confront.

The borders must be pretty magical... you can sure lock your entire country down, but just not the borders. That would be impossible...

You should indeed study your positions more and make changes where appropriate, the positions are ludicrous.
You want to be more like Russia? They are certainly under-reporting their numbers and probably letting the worst cases die without treatment. Dictatorships always handle things like this with lies and cruelty.

You have no arguments, only hot air. Open borders are a crazy far-left fringe view which will never work anywhere, and you know it.

Ironically shutting down the border is a characteristic of authoritarian hellholes.

Did you fail to read?

Ironically shutting down the border is a characteristic of authoritarian hellholes.

Shutting the entire country down and having military in the streets... that is a sign of authoritarian hell hole.

Having a functional border is a sign of a civilized country.

Did you fail to read?

Shutting the entire country down and having military in the streets... that is a sign of authoritarian hell hole.

You’re walking back from closed border to functional border. Those aren’t even close to the same thing.

Did you fail to read?

You’re walking back from closed border to functional border. Those aren’t even close to the same thing.

Closed border in a time of a virus sure beats a closed country.

Except if you are a democrat and rely on illegal vote and hate Americans. Then you are in trouble.

Did you fail to read?

Closed border in a time of a virus sure beats a closed country.

Except if you are a democrat and rely on illegal vote and hate Americans. Then you are in trouble.

Good to be just a little bit of an authoritarian hellhole.

So, are you saying that the solution is to stop all international trade, stop business people from travelling overseas or coming from overseas, and to cease tourism to and from America? That we need to build a wall all around that country that not only keeps possibly infected people and goods out of the US, but also keeps people in so that they cannot be exposed to the rest of the world. And that if we do this to totally isolate ourselves from the world, then we'll only have to worry about diseases that originate from within our borders. Accurate assessment of your beliefs? If not, then what am I getting wrong?

So exactly how would a 'wall' have protected America from viruses arriving by people legally arriving in the United States by plane?

Specifically.

havent you heard, a wall would block air born virus bacteria.

just ask any rw idiot.

So exactly how would a 'wall' have protected America from viruses arriving by people legally arriving in the United States by plane?

Specifically.

havent you heard, a wall would block air born virus bacteria.

just ask any rw idiot.

It's a virus... not a bird.

haha...The ole...”I know this ONE GUY”story huh?
Germany...really?
Do you really think anybody gives two fucks about those here from Germany? Come on man, I think we both know our founders invited Germans...we both know who’s fucking the place up and it isn’t Germans.
You’d trade the life of Mollie Tibbetts for food recipes and music any day wouldn’t you you sick fuck.

There is far more to multiculturalism than just the brown people that scare you shitless.

haha...The ole...”I know this ONE GUY”story huh?
Germany...really?
Do you really think anybody gives two fucks about those here from Germany? Come on man, I think we both know our founders invited Germans...we both know who’s fucking the place up and it isn’t Germans.
You’d trade the life of Mollie Tibbetts for food recipes and music any day wouldn’t you you sick fuck.

There is far more to multiculturalism than just the brown people that scare you shitless.
Well then...it ought to be a simple task for you...tell us why we shouldn’t be “scared shitless” of brown people...Tell us how they enhance and improve our country....Unless you can’t of course...Simple shit...no?

It is very true that xenophobia is the best prevention against viral pandemics...

Just think how many lives would have been saved during the Spanish flu if we built a border around Kansas....

Well then...it ought to be a simple task for you...tell us why we shouldn’t be “scared shitless” of brown people...Tell us how they enhance and improve our country....Unless you can’t of course...Simple shit...no?

The same reason you should not be scared shitless of black people or yellow people or red people or the orange guy. They are all just people...some of them are good people, some of them are bad people. The color of their skin does not determine if they are good or bad.

So, are you saying that the solution is to stop all international trade, stop business people from travelling overseas or coming from overseas, and to cease tourism to and from America? That we need to build a wall all around that country that not only keeps possibly infected people and goods out of the US, but also keeps people in so that they cannot be exposed to the rest of the world. And that if we do this to totally isolate ourselves from the world, then we'll only have to worry about diseases that originate from within our borders. Accurate assessment of your beliefs? If not, then what am I getting wrong?

Are you saying we need to lock down the entire country?

Why would we need to stop all trade?

Funny, we sure can isolate ourselves from each other, but when it comes to other countries, that would be impossible... impossible.

Forum List

Back