The Top 50 Quarterbacks In NFL History

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Here's a list of players that I saw on Facebook the other day, and there seems to be a great deal of discussion about where these guys were on the list and who was left out.

347624797_2393700770802216_7883415319792523787_n.jpg

To begin with Justin Herbert was left off of the list, because I've seen several of these QBs play over the years, and he's better than they are by a long shot.
Carson Palmer and Mark Brunell don't even belong on this list.
Justin Herbert is better than Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers by leaps and bounds.
Most people wouldn't know this because most fans never see the Chargers play week after week like I have over the years.

Last edited:
Here's a list of players that I saw on Facebook the other day, and there seems to be a great deal of discussion about where these guys were on the list and who was left out.

View attachment 804478

To begin with Justin Herbert was left off of the list, because I've seen several of these QBs play over the years, and he's better than they are by a long shot.
Justin Herbert is better than Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers by leaps and bounds.
Most people wouldn't know this because most fans never see the Chargers play week after week like I have over the years.
i'm always saddened otto graham is never mentioned anywhere or anything

btw...he was an nba (nbl) champion

Herbert hasn't played long enough. Palmer and Brunnell belong on the list IMHO, or who would you replace them with.

View attachment 804478

tony romo???.......carson palmer........

i'm always saddened otto graham is never mentioned anywhere or anything

btw...he was an nba (nbl) champion

Otto was before they started showing NFL games on TV.
During Otto's time college football was the main focus.
National Championships played at bowl games was more watched than any NFL game.

View attachment 804478

Who compiled this list?
No one prior to the 60's makes it? Otto Graham? Sid Luckman? Sammie Baugh?
George fucking Blanda #38? He was a kicker and a back-up quarterback. :auiqs.jpg:

Otto was before they started showing NFL games on TV.
During Otto's time college football was the main focus.
National Championships played at bowl games was more watched than any NFL game.
yeah but with blanda and a few others are there...................hell the nfl was born on that 1957 title game

there is always the forgotten bridesmaids in something so selective

I always liked to watch Favre play. I pretty much stopped watching football when he stopped playing.

View attachment 804478

Cam Newton ahead of Philip Rivers? You gotta be shitting me!

Who compiled this list?
No one prior to the 60's makes it? Otto Graham? Sid Luckman? Sammie Baugh?
George fucking Blanda #38? He was a kicker and a back-up quarterback. :auiqs.jpg:
During his era, Blanda was a top QB. He was 48 when he retired. He was also a top passer at one time.
He got too beat up to play QB and converted to purely a kicker in his later years. He also played Linebacker in the NFL.
When Blanda was playing, 4th down was just another opportunity for him to score because he'd stay on the field to kick FGs.

Back in the day, some of the QBs were the top runners on the team, but Joe Capp showed that a running QB wasn't the most effective weapon in Super Bowl IV.
Using the shotgun formation would have improved his chances, but a QB that runs reduced the threat of play-action passes, which is a valuable play in NFL offenses.

Forum List

Back